[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What computer does /mu/ make music on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: hp-spectre-x360-15in-2017-w-g14.jpg (111KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
hp-spectre-x360-15in-2017-w-g14.jpg
111KB, 775x500px
Idk, I'm in the market and looking for ideas
>>
>>72467311
Why, my apple macbook pro of course.
>>
>>72467311
I only have one computer, an asus, daw works just fine
>>
Are ultrabooks good enough? I keep hearing that I need a quad core, but others say dual core works just fine.
>>
a Thinkpad T420 with an SSD and 16gb ram
smooth as butter and can gangbang it's usb ports with all sorts of controllers and the just werk
>>
>>72467437
lul good luck making music with fl stock vsts
>>
>>72468198
Damn senpai, is there really that big of a difference?
>>
>>72468341
not the same anon, but ultrabooks are basically facebook machines, even if you get your DAW to work expect it to overheat like a mf
If you're serious about getting a laptop for music production get a real notebook, depending on your budget you can get a macbook pro, a dell inspiron or a thinkpad (visit /g/ for advice, but the t420 should be enough)
>>
>>72468484
Damn thats disappointing, I was gonna get the Spectre 15 but I guess ill get the Aero 14 instead.
>>
>>72467311

If you can afford it, macbook pro is still the best option. This is not because of spec, but better software integration and compatibility. Plus the basic audio card in your macbook is guaranteed to be good and of low latency.

Otherwise, I recommend just getting whatever laptop you think will work (aim for highest specs given your budget and get the beefiest cpu and ram you can afford).

That said, windows laptops are definitely catching up with macbooks and there's not that much of a quality difference anymore, especially with apple's absolute failure to upgrade decently and pouring money into that retarded touchbar feature.

All of that said, get a desktop workstation if you're actually serious about making music. Music requires beefy computers for any serious work.
>>
>>72468616
Will do anon, I wont let you down.
>>
>>72467311
Any laptop made after 2005 will be good for making music
>>
File: a demonstration.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
a demonstration.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>72468559
>spectre 15
>making music

IT DOESNT ADD UP ANON

You'll find yourself wanting to use 3rd party plugins because FL Stocks are not good enough. Then you'll find yourself dealing with glitchy buffering projects while your latop cooks whatever it's on. Then you'll have to increase your buffer size and realize it can only go up so high while your laptop is still screaming for help. you'll then give up making music because you couldn't save extra to BUILD a laptop with a decent processor.
>>
File: 1479944676093.jpg (91KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479944676093.jpg
91KB, 720x960px
Build one
>>
>>72468796
Nah
>>
just use whatever you got right now and upgrade when it feel too slow.
What do you have right now? If its from the decade we are in it might be good enough.
>>
>>72467311
I used to make goofy shit on an newish HP laptop. I used to have guitar amps and shit a while back but I sold it all.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.