[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why discuss music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1476129729001.png (331KB, 635x664px) Image search: [Google]
1476129729001.png
331KB, 635x664px
you like what you like and that's that, what is there to talk about?
seriouse replies only pls.
>>
insecure people want to validate their opinions
>>
grimes' neanderthal forehead
>>
>>72465062
>you like what you like and that's that
Why discuss anything, from that point of view?
>>
We like to talk about what we think makes us enjoy said music, and see if we relate to each other. Also recommendations.

Like, I can tell you why I enjoy Elliott Smith even though some people think he's not an objectively good artist. His lyrics are subjectively important to me, but not everyone sees it as important. I want to interact with people who understand his music as I do
>>
>>72465062
recommendations
>>
shitpost to feel myself superior in my miserable life
>>
>>72465083
this

Also, do you seriously think anyone here is discussing music? Most people here are just plebs flinging shit at each other.
>>
>>72465062
Broken sleep, irritating thoughts, anxiety, generally feeling like poop. What is there to talk about? I just want to listen to boring music and sit here vegetating.
>>
>>72465062
>t. Trve Pleb

>>72465193
>I have never lurked /classical/
It shows.
>>
File: smalldog.jpg (17KB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
smalldog.jpg
17KB, 700x298px
>>72465062
i'd like to find more things to like
my life is very short and only getting shorter, there's a lot of music around, and i enjoy discussing lots of music with lots of people
so i visit sharethreads and charthreads, the only two places around here where i consistently see good attitudes (out of sheer things to like)
i genuinely enjoy having my opinions being challenged respectfully

>>72465127
i think i understand his music as you do
>>
>>72465062
it's fun ? you don't like fun anon ?
I bet you're a metal fan...
>>
>>72465102
This. Disregarding the more 'valid' reasons people visit like recs and validation, some people just come to argue about music because it's enjoyable conversation them. It's the same reason someone may enjoy arguing the merits of video games, movies, etc. with their friends. It's all pointless anyway so if it's fun and inconsequential why not?
>>
>>72465062
Compared to what, movies? Well for starters, literally about 50 times as many albums come out every week as movies. So even if there's hypothetically only 1/50th to talk about them it still evens out because we just say it about 50 times about 50 different things.
>>
>>72465538
>most people
>>
File: 10.png (302KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
302KB, 500x800px
>>72465062
The fact that one doesn't know what they don't know? Naturally you cannot just find out what you're favourite album is unless you've sat down and gone through every album in existence, which it goes without saying is fundamentally impossible. One of the great aspects of /mu/ is that it allows you to narrow down what genres/sub-genres you like and get recommendations that enable you to better explore the areas of music that interest you; for example someone new to the board who listens primarily to "dadrock" like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin may discover bands that they like even more, say Yes in this instance and so profit from the experience as they will benefit from the knowledge of that area in music that will allow them to enjoy it to a greater capacity.

That's not to say that, without having a "patrician" taste in music that one's listening experience would be banal and meaningless, though the greater freedom of choice that knowledge ranging from variations in chord progressions to what the most acclaimed pop-punk bands are can make music a much more colourful experience.
>>
>>72465062
Why the fuck would you want to only listen to music by yourself and never share it or talk about it with anyone?
>>
>>72466220
/thread
>>
Whats more music like Death Grips and Boyd Rice?
>>
>>72465062
how cute satori is
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.