[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with Country music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: cowboypep.jpg (41KB, 585x501px) Image search: [Google]
cowboypep.jpg
41KB, 585x501px
What went wrong with Country music?
>>
>>72450362
Hicks
>>
They started hiring fucc bois with redneck accents who drive 50k Jeep Wranglers with Black chrome rims and who live in fucking small town suburbs rather than real people from farm land with beat up pickups

Source = I'm southern as fuck
>>
existence
>>
>>72450362
It's making a comeback thanks to producer Dave Cobb and his work with artists like Chris Stapleton, Sturgill Simpson, Miranda Lambert, Shooter Jenkins, etc.

Bro-Country is slowly dying out.
>>
>>72450362
like most things, money
>>
It was never good
>>
>>72450424
Bro country is mixing with shit hop
>>
>>72450362
all the outlaws died and all the jewish music producers moved in
>>
hasn't there always been two camps? one what would not be considered "stadium" country and the darker side?
>>
Their audience got younger and radio programmers started trying to appeal to that demographic with hat acts with slicker sounds and lyrics you didn't have to think to hard about. Now that iheartmedia and Big Machine are going under maybe Country radio can stop playing Pop and go back to playing real hick shit.
>>
>>72450362
>"What's popular with white southern kids these days?"
>"Well, they like the country music their dad listened to, but they also like the Negro music."
>"Is there a way we can combine these two genres?"

and so they did
>>
Country stars are manufactured.
>>
>>72450362
Hip Hop its now the Country music of music
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.