[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should bars be legally required to play hip hop music? Could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Should bars be legally required to play hip hop music? Could it be considered a hate crime to only play rock?
>>
of course fucking not. do you really need to ask that here?
>>
File: 1493183364542.png (28KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
1493183364542.png
28KB, 354x286px
>>72448919
You tell me

http://www.dailycardinal.com/article/2017/04/censoring-hip-hop-in-bars-is-racist
>>
>>72448907
yeah, let's just go ahead and make it a crime to be white too
>>
You can always trust /pol/ to completely misunderstand a headline and act like frightened little snowflakes.
>>
>>72448927
These articles are meant to 1) trigger you and get you to share their shit to show people the stupid article 2) get fringe sjws to share this shit on their blogs and to their friends

People are always trying to sell you shit.
>>
>>72448927
I know the article exists, but it should be painfully obvious that anyone on /mu/ would disagree with what the headline promotes.
>>
>>72448907
No. The guy's safety argument is a bit baseless but as the bar owner it's perfectly fine to go for a particular crowd. Hip-hop isn't only listened to by blacks, and rock isn't exclusive to whites. If the bar owner wants a bar marketed towards the rock or pop crowd, that's absolutely fine.
>>
>>72448927
mooooooooooooooooooooot
>>
>>72448980
define snowflakes
what do you mean when you say this?
>>
>>72448907
If I was the owner of the bar, I wouldn't try to make an argument that hip-hop shouldn't be played over safety claims, given that they're baseless. Instead, I would make an argument that he is appealing to a crowd and/or doesn't like hip-hop. Other than that, he's completely right.
>>
>>72448980
/pol/ is a board of peace. You don't really think we would immigrate to your board and destroy your board's culture, do you?
>>
> socializing in bars
>>
>>72448980
>>72449144
>pol boogeyman
this board complains about them more than any other i swear
>>
>>72448907
obviously a bar owner has a right to try to give his bar a certain vibe by playing a certain kind of music but anyone who says "if i play rap music i might draw in some other types of people who will be a danger to students" is obviously a racist. i mean what does he think college students listen to?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.