[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pitchfork Media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: Untitled.png (65KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
65KB, 600x557px
>pitchfork rants against band being named 'viet cong"
>finds mc bin laden to be "artistic"

JUST
>>
Those guys had their brains scooped out
>>
>>72446760
Pitchfork = CNN

Stop being surprised or outraged by any of the illogical shit they do.
>>
>>72446760
i think you're taking 'artistic" out of context there

maybe now that he's been on pitchfork he'll get more negative attention for the name
>>
>p4k trying to normalize the name of a muslim responsible for the worst terrorist attack in US history

haha bin laden is a funny name now xD
>>
>>72446895
I don't mind controversy, but its gotta go both ways and these fucks need to lose the Foucault power structure crap.
>>
>>72446760
My two guesses are:

He's Brazilian, not North American/or European white guy,

"We" were the bad guys in Vietnam while "we" were the victims in 9/11.

Maybe it's a bit of both. Neither really make sense considering the weird disingenuous aspect of the first one and that VC/PreOc are Canadian thus nowhere near as responsible nor militarily involved as Americans are if one believes in Americans being the bad guys.
>>
Oh I forgot what's probably the main reason: all them clicks for each respective article. Cater to the right crowd at the right time kinda thing. Similar to like Brietbart/Milo pre-Gamergate vs during and post-Gamergate.
>>
>>72446813
this

/thread

shills can stop talking to themselves pretending anyone gives a fuck about this fake controversy
>>
Funk, being a favela-based rhythm, has a similar posture to gangsta rap in glorifying criminals and so on, and brazilian organized drug traffic has been labeled a terrorist organization by our police sometime in the last decade, so these guys take the mantle.

That being said, MC Bin Laden is just a fat dude having a ball, that p4k would ignore more "serious" (as far as funk can be serious at least) artists to hype him is very weird. This mash-up is dope though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw8oigns5AI
>>
>implying the rest of the world isn't glad to trivialize and make fun of america's suffering

we all hate you, you fat fucks, few things make me happier than seeing you own hang yourselves with that disgusting rope called Donald Trump
>>
>>72447005
Son everyone will be doing the famoso sinal o Ronaldinho
>>
File: FuckingP4K.png (300KB, 620x880px) Image search: [Google]
FuckingP4K.png
300KB, 620x880px
>>72446760
Why would you ever give pitchfork traffic or bother with them?
>>
>>72447542
Tbh the fact that Waiting for the Man is the VU song that's highest on the list triggers me more than that.
>>
>>72447542
They should be higher, but the Dr. Who theme is definitely more important for music than Heroin. Heroin's influence is only felt mainly on post-rock and some other indie stuff. The original Dr. Who theme's influence is felt on the greater part of all electronic music ever since.
>>
favela monkeys are not even human wtf
even detroit niggas would be scared over there
>>
>>72447599
>Heroin's influence is only felt mainly on post-rock and some other indie stuff.
what the hell are you talking about nigga?
>>
File: numale.png (461KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
numale.png
461KB, 500x518px
>>72447599
This post gave me AIDS
>>
>>72447632
Heroin's easily the first post-rock track, or at least post-rock in the vein of GYBE. Builds, tension, repetition and all that.
>>
File: tmp_29030-35250816-655177604.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29030-35250816-655177604.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>implying the viet cong were wrong
viet cong did nothing wrong
>>
>>72447666
>getting this mad due to his TVU circlejerk and not noticing the wider influence of the original version of the Dr. Who theme
I bet you think because it's from a goofy weirdo sci fi adventure show that it's not actually important in the realm of music. Maybe do some research on who made it. Fucking a, I come back here for five minutes and its infested with newfags pretending to act like they know anything about music.
>>
>>72447666
every person that uses the term "nu male" believes that all men in the past conformed to an idealized male aesthetic that they fetishize
>>
>>72447726
>>72447726
No one denied the influence of the Dr. Who theme, you fuck. It's just that it's widely recognized that TVU is one of the more influential bands of the 60s, having influenced everything from punk rock to noise. Stop getting triggered over nothing, specially when you're so abismally wrong.
>>
>>72447743
Worst of all, all the times i've seen people use the term in non-anonymous situations, it's always some hairy fatty who thinks he's "robust" or some other shit but are just as emasculated (if not more after years of fapping to anime dickgirls) as your typical male feminist ally
>>
>>72447858
>punk rock to noise
Not noise, noise ROCK. MMM is just Lou, not TVU, not to mention that record uses techniques that ironically are actually used to make the original Dr. Who theme. Now that we have that out of the way, do you realize it's the same old middle class white boy underground music? Punk rock, noise rock, indie rock, post-rock. They are all very similar to each other often being born of the same scene. Electronic music post-Musique concrete in the terms of popular music is a far larger field than just those genres of music.
>>
>>72447858
>Stop getting triggered over nothing, specially when you're so abismally wrong.
Whoops, didn't read this sentence. But,

>tries to call out others for being triggered
>This post gave me cancer
>>
>>72447599
>>72447726
>>72447858
Also, it's not just to do with "influence." It's the "greatest" songs of the 60s, not most influential, and regardless what you think of the influence of each track, Heroin is unarguably greater.
>>
>upcoming True Panther debut É Grau
Hey did Bin Laden get a contract? noice, looking forward to that.

>>72447078
funk carioca is far from being serious in any level, most artists who start to write about less party-oriented topics move out to other styles like Pearls Negras did.

>>72447542
I would be ok with Heroin higher on the list than DW's theme but
>Ron Grainer
>not crediting Delia Derbyshire like Grainer himself wanted since his version of the theme was more like an alt-The Prisioner theme
>>
>>72446760
Pitchfork didn't rant about them being named viet cong. in fact in the review of the only album they put out under that name they mention the name without criticizing it at all. the worst they have said is that protesters didn't like it. also you clearly misunderstood what they meant by calling it an artistic moniker. they aren't complimenting it for being artistic, they are just saying that its the moniker he uses for his music.
>>
>>72448112
Nah dude, there's plenty of socially conscious funk artists, it's just that we never get to hear them.

t. a brazilian with friends in the funk / rap scene

>>72448000
Saying punk rock, noise rock, indie rock and post rock are very similar is pretty retarded, I bet you'd get even more triggered if I told you house, deep house, acid house, street house, palace house, post-avant house, dreamhouse and darkhouse are just black people screaing over feelgood gay music.
>>
>>72447006
viet cong fought against american in vietnam tho. in fact if they really wanted to be progressive as possible they could have brought up the fact that viet cong was just an uprising of the people against an unwelcome occupying force.
>>
>>72448171
I'm not that interested in funk, that probably explains why I never saw "conscious" funk even though I'm also Brazilian.
>>
>>72448059
More people have heard the Dr Who theme, that is what greater means. Heroin might be better but it isn't greater.
>>
>>72448059
>Heroin is unarguably greater
Grow the fuck up. That's up to taste and can't be objectively determined. Greatest lists are usually made by virtue of influence/impact either way, not necessarily some objective standard of good/bad.

>>72448171
I wouldn't feel bad about you saying that about house music. Cool thing that's a tiny part of the entire umbrella of electronic music though. If you think that the amount of electronic music that has existed after Musique Concrete is somehow a smaller amount of music than the underground white people rock stuff, then you're delusional.
>>
>>72447041
But then they'll just keep doing this shit without anybody being upset, and then that will just make it look like it isn't absolute bullshit to people that don't already know the situation's context
>>
>>72448059
What p4k calls quality is just what they perceive as being striking in the larger (shitty) world at large
>>
>>72448303
Okay bad choice of words then. But seriously find me one person who spends much time listening to music which one they think is better.
>>
why are you fucks debating whether some shitty pretentious slab of pseudo-experimental rock is better than a old-timey TV show theme is beyond me

I Want You Back is far better than both and you can't dispute that
>>
>>72448494
>But seriously find me one person who spends much time listening to music which one they think is better.
Why does the opinion of others matter in terms of one's own personal enjoyment of music though? I can prove to you that more people would enjoy the Dr. Who theme easily by far, but would that change the fact that you like listening to Heroin more and that you'll suddenly change your tastes?
>>
>>72448303
how the fuck do you even measure the "amount" of music, people are still discovering rocksteady and garage rock records to this day
>>
>>72446760
>P4K
lmao who cares
>>
>>72446760
Praising garbage on the premise of being socially conscious because this degenerate crap is considered to be an expression of poor black people etc.

Typical of every news outlet anyway. You should stop giving them free publicity.
>>
>>72448771
It's tough to find exact measurements that's for sure. But it's easier to at least be able to figure out that there's more electronic music done in a non-modern classical experimental style than there is rock music done in a particular independent/underground style as the earlier covers a wider variety of music that has hit a wider crowd of listeners that also tends to on average release far more records (admittedly though due to them being singles often) with average track lengths also being longer than the latter.

>>72448644
I said I could see P4K having Dr Who theme higher than Heroin because the earlier is more influential, that's it.
>>
>>72446760
LISTEN UP

You guys don't seem to understand that Pitchfork isn't one person. With track reviews–specifically, those that are not given the "Best New Track" label–it is mostly at the whim of the writer. If a writer really likes a song they will usually be allowed to review it even if the rest of staff don't like it. You are reading the opinions of a man named Alexander Iadarola (pic related).

If you do not make the distinction then you are being deceiving.
>>
File: in44.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
in44.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>It's another contrived controversy from the fake indie press episode
>>
>>72446760
you can only do something bad if you're white
>>
>>72447616
Syria > Jacksonville
>>
>>72450165
You can only be this stupid if you're white.
>>
File: vvvvv.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
vvvvv.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>72450149
yep. and then you get shills like: >>72450165
to get the race baiting going.

these niggas are predictable as hell
>>
>>72450165
>>72450185
same shill wrote both of these

baka
>>
>>72447743
>>72447899
t. unironic nu-males
>>
>>72450149
shit is WWE
>>
>>72450149
Do you know what fucking site you are on?
>>
>>72448644
Look four posts up.
>>
>>72447743
>>72447899
>t. proud nu-males
You may as well could have posted a picture of your glasses and receding hairline instead of writing anything.
>>
>>72446895
>bin laden
>responsible for 9/11
>>
>>72448152
This.
>>
ninguém comentou sobre a música
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.