[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are they the biggest sellouts of the past decade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: Animal-Collective.jpg (219KB, 1000x799px) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Collective.jpg
219KB, 1000x799px
are they the biggest sellouts of the past decade?
>>
File: in this house pigfuck (1).jpg (361KB, 847x1072px) Image search: [Google]
in this house pigfuck (1).jpg
361KB, 847x1072px
>>72437549
>>
they stopped being interesting after sung tongs
>>
File: cover.jpg (3MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
3MB, 3000x3000px
You're probably just not on the same dimension as they are currently. Don't worry when you take the fourth eighth of shrooms and become one with the modern era you will understand and finally feel peace and jam to some tunes.
>>
>>72437549 (OP)
Nah lol

That honor belongs to Diplo followed by Tame Impala
>>
>>72437644
Diplo was always making trap, Tame Impala was always making psych pop
>>
>>72437549
They never sold out. Their music just got kinda shitty, there's a difference.
>>
Sung Tongs is classic. Painting With was fun though and not bad at all when listening on some quality speaks. centipede kind of hurts sometimes though. Computers can be fun sometimes though so I enjoy the album. Merri is excellent and I will duel for the honor of the album. Strawberry is my jam so I can't discuss that one in any negative light. All that to say I dont think they have sold out. Just gone in different directions like they always have. You just don't vibrate at their new frequencies.
>>
>>72437644
>Tame Impala
>past decade
>>
>>72437723
Feels was their first sell-out, MPP is an ultimate sell-out album.
>>
>>72437644
Cold Play
>>
The biggest sellout of the past decade definitely is American Football. Fucked their legacy for a shit cash grab album.
>>
>>72437734
I don't get what you're implying

>>72437713
You can't tell me Florida is anything like Jack U/Major Lazer
>>
>>72437782
compare Florida to their older stuff
they've sold out harder than diplo who was always making trap
>>
B L A C K E
L Y
A E
C D P E A S
K
E Y E D P
E
A
S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjWXWTKa5kI&ab_channel=BlackEyedPeasVEVO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN9muHLuHDc&ab_channel=BlackEyedPeasVEVO
>>
>>72437740
>has opinions
>doesn't justify them

/mu/
>>
>>72439324
>>72437819
>>
>>72439324
that's not an opinion, that's a fucking fact
>>
>>72437733
Is this pasta?
>>
>>72437549
Panda Bear
>>
>>72437616
*Campfire Songs

Fixed
>>
>>72439604
*contrarian opinion
[reddit spacing]
Fixed
>>
Who got The Painters EP in 320?
>>
>>72437549
>>72437740
>>72437819
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
How the fuck they're sellouts
>>
File: hipste10.jpg (128KB, 620x797px) Image search: [Google]
hipste10.jpg
128KB, 620x797px
>>72439604
>>
Sellout = make music more mainstream sounding to appeal to the normies

How the fuck did they sell out? Normies will never have any AnCo stuff on their iPhones, not even MPP or PaInting With.
>>
Personally i feel like animal collective are the defining band of of the 2000's.
Like, it got the essence, of that wes andersony, yuppie, hipster, neo tribal, childish, experimental 2000's thing captured,( i would also say emo pop was important but thats another story).

Their recent albums have gotten a bit repetitive though, they need to evolve both musically and aesthetically.

They were refreshing and unique in the 2000's but its getting a bit dull now
>>
>>72441684
>Normies will never have any AnCo stuff on their iPhones, not even MPP
wanna know how I know you wasn't into music much in 2009
obviously they weren't as popular as Taylor Swift of Beyonce, and they wont ever make such generic pop album, but still, MPP is how such unconventional artist make a sell-out album, if you still don't get you might be retarded
>>
>>72442485
this
MPP is my favorite anco album, but it's basically their Art Angels (also great album)
>>
>>72442517

okay, so My Girls got kinda popular back in 2009

and I heard Summertime Clothes playing in an H&M store once back in 2010

but AnCo have not been anywhere on the normie radar since at least 2011
>>
>>72442653
>AnCo have not been anywhere on the normie radar since at least 2011
true
their pop music got irrelevant very quickly
>>
>>72437833
H O L Y F U C K
>>
How are they sell outs? That would imply they have a mainstream appeal which they don't. They just straight up suck.
>>
>>72442789
>I don't read threads before replying
>>
>>72437833
Whoa did they really replace a black chick with a white chick to appeal to mainstream audiences? You can't sink lower than that.
>>
>>72441721
you've expressed my thoughts perfectly
>>
you people are way too scared to like music that a lot of people like

even though animal collective are popular, it doesn't mean the average person is going to know who the fuck they are.

just listen to mpp and stop denying that you like it and fuck off with this sellout bullshit which literally doesn't amount to any sort of interesting discussion besides the dick measuring contest you guys participate in to see who hates popular bands the most.
>>
>>72437833
the fuck
>>
>>72437819
>if a band doesn't continue making the same music forever that means they're sellouts
>>
Is the new rain forest project any good? Haven't gotten around to listening to it yet.
>>
Maroon 5
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.