[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ableton Live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

How am I suppose to learn this shit. Help.
>>
>>72437156
ask guitarcenter
>>
>>72437156
Whoa I didn't know you could make the automation curve
>>
>>72437156
Make songs, lots of em
Served for me.
Alternatively there's lots of tutorials on youtube
>>
Just use audacity. It's far more intuitive.
>>
>>72437156
Ableton thread?
I miss the /prod/ but I'm too lazy to make one
>>
>>72437909

Audacity is for editing samples, using it as a daw is crippling yourself for no reason
>>
>>72437909
Good bait.
>>
Bump, give me some tips bros. I'm coming off from fruity loops so this is rather daunting.
>>
>>72437944
Well if you come from another daw is easier.
I suppose you've got some basic knowledge of production already. You just need to get used to ableton's workflow, which is delightful so like I said earlier, my best advice is you just keep making songs and finishing them. Every mix you make will teach you something you didn't knew.
Also, Ableton comes with some cool plug-ins, you should get used to them.

Or you could just watch fifteen minutes long tutorials, but that's the easy and boring way.
>>
>>72437931
It's not even good for editing samples. The only things I can think of that Audacity is good for, is speech recording and the recording of things you're just going to throw away afterwards, like microphone placement tests, etc. when you're recording guitar.
>>
>>72437156
>>72437912

I got you senpai

>>72438156 new /prod/ thread
>>
>>72437944
I actually just got Ableton about a week ago myself, been having lots of fun with it. I've been using FL for about 4 years (not giving it up, just been dying to try Ableton) and I've found it rather easy to work with once you get familiar with it. When I first got FL, I literally just fucked around with it for like 6 months before ever looking at tutorials or anything. Obviously learning from experience is best, so I recommend fucking around as well as watching a bunch of tutorials, however it'd probably be better if you spent a little more time fucking around. One thing that helped me a lot was to stop worrying about doing something wrong or messing something up. Click around, get familiar, if you don't know what something does then play with it until you figure it out. Just don't take it too seriously at first and let yourself explore and have fun.
>>
>>72438226
Thanks, that's good to here. I've spent time with FL for while but never dove deep like I should've. I'd be more interested in making weird songs than learning the fundamentals of mixing and production. Now I seriously want to understand all of this so I figured Ableton is a good place to begin that "journey". I really don't much knowledge, it all seems so confusing to me, but I want to get really good, so yeah, like you said, I should just play with it and not take it too seriously.
>>
>>72437156
By the time I learned Ableton, I realized it was shit and switched to Cubase
>>
>>72437156
Just use lots of compressors, some reverb and the impulse feature for drums
>>
>>72438419
what's a compressor
>>
>>72437156
You don't. You use a real DAW like someone who isn't a major faggotron.

(Or you could just ask for lessons or look up some YouTube videos.)
>>
>>72437261
same, looks photoshopped in to me, where are the points?
>>
press buttons
>>
>>72439287
Option + drag on a straight line n00b.
>>
Berkeley has an ableton course it's free, google it
>>
>>72439571
Berklee
>>
>>72437156
live is fuckin easy
>>
>>72437156

Start with Fourier transformations of continuous signals.
>>
>>72438408
How is Cubase I'm planning on moving to it from FL
>>
>>72438504
I'm pretty sure the simplest expansion is that it brings the highs and lows closer to the mids. Literally compressing the volume of the audio.
>>
>>72437156
are you a fucking toddler or something
>>
>>72437156
Reaper , renoise, sunvox
You don't have to use live
>>
>>72440438
>I'm pretty sure the simplest expansion is that it brings the highs and lows closer to the mids.
Wrong

>Literally compressing the volume of the audio.
Right
>>
>>72437156
ableton's great. very intuitive and well-designed

>>72439287
draw mode.....
>>
>>72437931
>>72438162
I still use it for producing tracks/albums after 10 years. It's extremely simple even if all the plugins are garbage.
>>
>>72441895
>Reaper , renoise, sunvox
Reaper and renoise are pretty good, haven't tried sunvox.

What is a good mixer?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.