[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the FUCK is Thom wearing a U2 shirt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 1492729118118.jpg (59KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492729118118.jpg
59KB, 600x800px
Why the FUCK is Thom wearing a U2 shirt?
>>
Because he's secretly a /mu/tant
>>
Because U2 are patrician, and Achtung Baby and Zootopia were probably big influences on Kid A
>>
>>72434663
>secretly
>>
File: Screenshot (6).png (23KB, 840x421px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (6).png
23KB, 840x421px
U2 is /mu/core

get over it
>>
>>72434618
U2 is secretly patrician. The ultimate music redpill, if you will.
>>
lol dude who do you think he was trying to sound like from Pablo to OK, Bob Dylan? nah, Bono
>>
Their career arc was the same as U2's up until Hail to the Thief, then they branched off. You had your basic rock (Pablo Honey/Boy), then slightly more nuanced rock (The Bends/October/War), then transitioned to haunting, melodic, ambient rock (OK Computer/Joshua Tree), then more experimental electronic rock (Kid A/Achtung Baby). Hell, they even copied them releasing a quasi-outtakes album from that last period (Amnesiac/Zooropa). That's dedication.
>>
>>72434618
It's literally Radiohead's and other britpop band's biggest influence
>>
>>72434618
Nice try, that's not Thom, that's Limmy.
>>
Both sucks
>>
>>72434618
BASED FUCKING THOM

I bet he's the guy making all the U2 threads lately
>>
>>72435419
maybe there's a possibility that more than 1 people like u2? considering they're one of the most successful bands of all time
>>
>>72435496
>considering they're one of the most shit bands of all time

ftfy
>>
Because he has good taste
>>
Because bad musicians like other bad musicians.

Jonny Greenwood is the only thing that keeps Radiohead from being garbage.
>>
>>72436075
i bet you can't explain why you think this
>>
I have no problem with U2 but how the fuck does Radiohead sound like anything they ever released?
>>
>>72436180
Wait no I get it
>>
>>72436180
are you joking?
no The Joshua Tree/Achtung Baby = no radiohead
>>
>>72436180
Radiohead has a lot of slow ballads with vibrato in the very vein of U2, specially their 90's stuff
>>
I seriously did nazi see this meme coming from Damn.'s release
>>
>>72436287
what meme?
>>
He's just supporting his favorite post-punk act :)
>>
>>72434618
Probably being ironic
>>
>>72437135
no he's genuine and has publicly stated respect for U2 in interviews.
>>
>>72437606
Well that's just embarassing
>>
>>72437715
most everyone over 30 has heard at least part of the 80's and 90's U2 Discography and a large portion of the over 30 demographic really enjoy said albums.
>>
>>72437135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEj8CZJqlpE

0:45
>>
>>72438381
not posting the whole interview;

Are you a big fan? "Yeah I wish i could be there but this is so more important"

Thom rocking out and mouthing the words to "One"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imtSibPnTPE
>>
Don't forget Thom also sang a snippet of U2's Please during I Might Be Wrong in 2003 gigs
>>
>>72434689
Freudian slip right there.
>>
>>72434618
Damn it Thom! *deletes ALL radiohead albums*
>>
>>72434689
>>72434701
>>72434751
So, mu must like Coldplay too, right?
>>
>>72439325
Coldplay aren't in the same league as U2 in their prime.
>>
>>72439332
They're literally the same band to me. Idk is it their lesser known songs that are good? I can't stand With or Without You, I Still Haven't Found..., etc
>>
>>72439361
>They're literally the same band to me
Hardly. Coldplay started off as acoustic rock and piano rock, tried to ape U2's sound for a while and even worked with their longtime producer Brian Eno, and then decided to jump on a ton of popular music bandwagons (ie. straight up Top 40 pop songs, collaborations with Rihanna and the Chainsmokers, etc.)

>Idk is it their lesser known songs that are good? I can't stand With or Without You, I Still Haven't Found..., etc
You might like their earlier post-punk stuff. I personally like those songs and The Joshua Tree album.
>>
>>72439325
no. they are better then muse. but not close to U2/Radiohead
>>
>>72439361
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd60Z8AXcUA
>>
>>72436180
>Bones
>Street Spirit
>Stop Whispering US version

It's not that hard really.
>>
>>72434689
I can accept then being their influence during Ok Computer not Kid A
>>
>>72436075
this
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.