[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Ways you've discovered an artist or band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: thomyyorkedoesatrick.gif (3MB, 480x324px) Image search: [Google]
thomyyorkedoesatrick.gif
3MB, 480x324px
I discovered Radiohead when I was 10. I was playing Rock Band and the song Creep came up. I thought it was pretty cool and looked them up, and I discovered a bunch of their songs from the Bends and OK Computer.
Also, I'm not underage. I was born in '98 and the game came out in 2007.
>>
>>72433791
>this entire fucking post

K I L L Y O U R S E L F

I M M E D I A T E L Y
>>
Holy fuck I share a board with children
>>
I started to really enjoy music because of Guitar Hero 2. The song YYZ by Rush blew my mind at the time. So you could say I discovered Rush and music in general from that one song.
>>
>>72433869
>Just coming to that realization now
>>
>>72433819
>>72433869
You guys are getting old, admit it.
>>
File: Noodles.jpg (96KB, 540x539px) Image search: [Google]
Noodles.jpg
96KB, 540x539px
>tfw 98bros are starting to coming out

Literally the best year
>>
I discovered every artist I've ever listened to through the /mu/ essentials chart, sharethreads and various music-related memes
>>
what?
>>
>>72433791

fucking >>72433819
>>72433869

actually never seen a post that's made me want to leave this board this badly before.
>>
File: thisnotmybeautifalwife.png (464KB, 639x429px) Image search: [Google]
thisnotmybeautifalwife.png
464KB, 639x429px
I discovered Muse when they were playing black holes and revelations at a virgin mega store in san francisco in 2006. I thought i was hearing the new thom yorke album and was blown away. i did indeed purchase eraser by thom yorke and was confused when i listened to it in the car. good thing it only took me a year to realize how much better it was than black holes and muse in general.
>>
>>72434296
i wanna fuck that noodle
>>
>>72433869
>>72433819
Frickin youngins! Okay old fellow old fellers, this thread is now dedicated to wearing earplugs at concerts because of tinnitus.
>>
>>72435922

Heh... I've fucked more woman than you, kid.
>>
>>72433819
>>72433869
>>72435787
What exactly is cringy about OP's post? It's not like any of you knew all that much about music when you were 10, everyone started somewhere.
Also this thread's the equivalent of an old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn.
>>
>tfw trying to start an Oasis cover band and told the singer I found them through guitar hero
It wasn't even true I don't know why the fuck I said that
>>
>>72433791
I (unintentionally) discovered Aphex Twin when someone in my class sent me via bluetooth a phone ringtone entitled Techno Pacman around 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjEDX-2M7Qk
>>
I discovered Radiohead when I was a pussy 14 year old and told my best friend I was feeling "depressed". He then recommended me Kid A as great "sad people" music.
>>
File: DIAMONDLIFE.png (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
DIAMONDLIFE.png
80KB, 300x300px
My Mother used to play Sade albums all the time when we were 4 or 5 and would drive around or go on road trips. Her favorite was Diamond Life, i can remember seeing the cover and thinking she was the prettiest woman i had ever seen

Well anyway i get a bit older and kind of forget about Sade until i found out about /mu/ hip-hop essentials and MF Doom
https://youtu.be/ayfv0SOjvRs
Heard Doomsday and loved it but knew i had heard the beat somewhere, it constantly gave me an emotional feeling in my gut.
https://youtu.be/MmOau-PMWJk
When i found out it was Kiss of Life i almost cried, it was like getting my childhood that i had completely forgotten about back. So yeah rediscovered Sade and listen to all albums religiously now,
>>
I discovered My Bloody Valentine because Loveless was one of the few CDs that my uncle had left behind at my grandma's house so I used to listen to it when me and brother hung out down there during family events. This also happened with Radiohead and Hayden.

I discovered Mazzy Star through that one Rick and Morty episode.

I discovered Tom Tom Club through a chance YouTube search while dicking around with friends.
>>
File: fever to tell.png (587KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fever to tell.png
587KB, 500x500px
I made a meme thread about music to listen to while masturbating and someone linked Tick
This is now in my favorite albums list
>>
>>72435953
I bet recommending earplug brands is a great icebreaker for the ladies a mirite?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.