[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cringy lyrics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1485197843561.jpg (6KB, 250x204px) Image search: [Google]
1485197843561.jpg
6KB, 250x204px
I was going through my old songbook and found some lyrics I'd written that made me cringe into a singularity, what about you faggots, have you written something to regret it so much later ?

For those interested, the lyrics I wrote were;

>I want to be better, but how can I be when I'm reminded I'm useless
>but maybe I'm a stupid boy
>and maybe I was born to die
>maybe I want it all
>maybe I think too much

^ Anon, 2011, aged 15
>>
>>72431484
They're not that bad, just kind of bland

The key, for me personally, to writing good lyrics is just not being on the fucking nose and using cliches. Just twist language a little, play with the words. And sometimes it can be lyrics like yours in the OP, OP. If it fits, has a nice rhythm and works with the music who gives a fuck.
>>
>>72431522
Tbf, now I just write the lyrics after I've finished the chord progression and have a general feel for what I want it to be about, reading old stuff does actually make me want to end myself though at how try hard it was.
>>
>>72431603
Gotta start somewhere

I used to write raps when I was inspired to by Odd Future and though I can't find them, surely they were god awful horrorcore lyrics. I had fun though and you learn something every time if you don't put yourself in a box.

The best place to start is realizing how shit you were or how shit you are. Most don't even think to that point, most people who write songs don't think beyond "I made this so it's good".
>>
Scrap or rework the first 2 lines, rest are pretty good if you can form something around them
>>
>>72431710
Aw, thanks sugar.
>>
Did you hear the one about me?
I'm sure you heard it
It's funny
Tear haze
It goes:
He shoots himself a lot nowadays
UH
>>
>>72431964
That's not even that bad anon, I just don't understand the last two lines though ?
>>
protip: all lyrics are cringey as fuck on paper
>>
>>72432325
This, a lot of good songs have meh lyrics over nice instrumentation, and vice versa.

>>72431484
btw, I really like your lyrics OP, other than the second line. Don't know what kind of music you're making, but I'm imagining you rapping it for some reason, blame soundcloud idk.
So long at you aren't crooning this out over 3 chords on an acoustic I think you're good
>>
File: IMG_3345.jpg (21KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3345.jpg
21KB, 240x240px
This was junior year of high school. I had a crush on my English teacher. The title of my song was called "School Daze".
>"Hey hey, little foxy lady, tell me my ABCs"
>I need some discipline right now, get me on my knees."
>With them heels on, you stop on my brain, calm down"
>"I am the king of your detention, take me to town".

>MFUCKINGFW
>>
>>72432554
That's hilarious because you were almost 18 when you wrote that. Sounds like a bootleg version of "Wet Dreamz"
>>
>>72432554
Lmao what is this a fucking glam rock song from the 80s?
>>
>>72431484
>maybe I'm a stupid boy
If you can look back and laugh, that's good. Because that line is hilarious.
>>
File: IMG_3346.jpg (32KB, 396x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3346.jpg
32KB, 396x386px
>>72432657
>>72432684
LOOK YOU CREATINS, I was going through some weird groove 70's, "We're Not Going to Take It" sort of phase back then. I'm much better now.
>>
>>72432931
kudos for having a good sense of humor about it lol
>>
I have a bunch of weird lyrics from my drug filled teenage years. Theyre all edgy and written about a girl i was in love with that rejected me to prom. theyre not horrible i guess, but id be damned if theyd made much sense at all.

>Stand atop the little shreds I've left
>Why are you denying?
>Plaster heresy onto my disposition
>Don't controvert meaning
>Of the times
>Of the times of black and soot stained lips
>I'm still holding on to it all

>A hum of the still things
>Makes me think of the beginning
>Wrapped so tight in my head
>Be through misery
>Or fleeting moments shared with the dark
>I'm okay to wait
>I know you love it when I do
>Prolong sanctity to the edge of my heart
>My darling, my darling make me dependent on you

>To recognize that of black and white
>You see every aspect masked
>This leaves me limited time
>When she figures it all out
>And when I stand to be of purpose
>I will slip unto baseless grasps
>To ever so try and prolong that which I know is hopeless

I listened to a lot of grindcore too lmao
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.