[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SURVEY for my school report

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: 1492690976529.jpg (284KB, 715x715px) Image search: [Google]
1492690976529.jpg
284KB, 715x715px
I will also be posting this to /b/ but i'm not expecting much from them. If you guys could answer these questions relating music from the 70's. There are only 5 and dont take to long. Thank you very much, have a nice day.

Link:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScWIzVjgpD57p2z2_c4kaS0lEFo-ObsiR_9HceUvFVBZfux3g/viewform?usp=sf_link
>>
>>72430792
on /b/:

"I will also be posting this to /mu/ but i'm not expecting much from them"
>>
>>72430898
haha no i have a little more faith in /mu/, but now by me saying that i fell like i might regret it
>>
>>72430959
it'll be pretty easy to tell the /b/ posters from the /mu/ posters
>>
Answered, good luck on your project.
>>
>>72431602
thank you very much
>>
I think I probably disagree with your thesis, but I don't think there's anything wrong with a thesis I disagree with.

I voiced some of my gripes with what I imagine your thesis is in my response, and if you address counterarguments, it should be a good paper.
>>
You should post the results back on /mu/ once you're done. Would be interesting to see how your project turns out. Good luck!
>>
>>72431801
sure thing ill take a screenshot and post in like 10 min
>>
>>72431794
those questions were very broad questions and just random one's i thought of. The survey won't be a huge part of my paper i'll most likely bring it up like once. My instructor makes it mandatory that I get 1 interview and a survey for this paper. My paper is a compare and contrast about music then and now. Hence the questions comparing the two ages of music. The goal of this paper is mostly informative rather than stating on opinion on which era of music is better.
>>
>>72431928
*an opinion
>>
>>72431928
B-but I put so much effort ;_;
Pay me in neps, anon
>>
HERE ARE THE RESULTS SO FAR

Link: http://imgur.com/a/ihylg

I want to thank everyone who answered my survey I greatly appreciate it. I was supposed to get at least 15 answers and I have 40 at the moment. Thank you for taking your time and doing this favor for me.
>>
>>72432364
Your effort was not in vain my friend it saved me from losing points on my paper. Without you I am nothing.
>>
>>72432377
damn. didn't even add the scaruffi pasta i posted
>>
>>72432437
sorry you must have submitted right after i took screenshots
>>
Sent. I had an issue with the question "Do you believe music had a bigger influence on its listeners then or now?"

It's simply unanswerable having not been alive back then.
>>
>>72432437
my other posts are in there though. i put it with my age since you said we could post anything
>>
>>72432377
Fuck me this board really is a bunch of teenagers. If you don't remember 9/11 you're too young to post here!!!!
>>
>>72432511
meant for>>72432482
>>
>>72432486
dont worry about it. Some answers i got favored more then since here in the states we just got back from Vietnam and was the start of a huge peace movement and many other large movements at the time. Some favored now since this will be the start of another large peace movement.
>>
>>72432545
I just don't think you can quantify something like that. It's such a nondescript question. Different music will mean different things to different people. The only thing you can quantify is sales.
>>
>>72430792
Good luck on the project anon, felt the questions were a bit too broad but whatever.
>>
>>72432377
Kek
>Can I get back to jerking off?

>tfw my autistic essay del didnt make it to the pic
>>
>>72432589
no i totally agree with you. I explained earlier that some of the questions i wrote were very broad because this isn't an argumentative paper. Its more a compare and contrast paper with different information about the different era's. If i was writing a different style of paper i would have definitely worded it differently
>>
>>72432641
haha i have to email pics of my survey results to my instructor. I will "pretend" i forgot to scratch that answer out
>>
>>72432665
I understand. That being said that type of question would be answered better by your parents and their peers. Either way good luck on your project.
>>
>>72432633
thank you, haha yes i know >>72432665 (this sort of explains it)
>>
>>72432721
yeah i had an interview with both someone that grew up in that era and a peer my age. I asked them about the same questions. Thank you
>>
>>72432760
Out of curiosity, based on the topic, are you a high schooler going through a dadrock phase? I don't mean this disparagingly since I was there not long ago. Also you won't be banned for saying you're in high school since that might as well mean you're 18.
>>
many people are writing Can down as an answer to their favorite band/artist. That was about the only response i never heard of i will definitely give them a listen
>>
>>72432794
no im a freshman in college 19 years old
>>
>>72432827
Alright. I just always found it fascinating how many people get heavily into 60s-70s music during teenage years, myself included.
>>
>>72432804
So you've heard of throbbing gristle, LRD, and Boyd Ride but not fucking CAN?
>>
>>72432865
i've always had a love for music of the 60s-70s both my mother and father palyed that music all the time. High school for me was the start of my love for Rap/Hip-Hop and Jazz/Classical
>>
I said music had a bigger influence on its listeners back then but I'm hesitant to stand by that answer. I feel it was more personal but it's probably now that music has a bigger influence on its listeners, but only because music is consumed massively and globally. Whereas back then you may have bought a Neil Young record and played it out on the weekend (heh), today people will listen to music throughout the entire day. Also, music seems to be more emotional these days–and conspicuously so. I really do not believe you would have seen a Carrie & Lowell come out in the '70s.
>>
>>72432877
YES! ive heard the others from here but i swear ive never seen anyone talk about Can maybe they all talked about it when i was gone
>>
>>72432804
HEY YOU!

YOU'RE LOSING, YOU'RE LOSING out by not listening to Can.
>>
>>72432934
i'll include this answer as well as a response for that question
>>
>>72432934
>Also, music seems to be more emotional these days–and conspicuously so. I really do not believe you would have seen a Carrie & Lowell come out in the '70s.
I think you need to listen to more music
>>
haha now all i see is people responding with Can
>>
>>72432952
Got about half a kek out of this
>>
>>72430792
IT'S DATA MINING YOU STUPID FUCKS!!!
>>
>>72433159
how bout you mine DEEZ NUTS
>>
File: tmp_11240-images(3)-255365934.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11240-images(3)-255365934.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>72433053
Sounds like it's a /CAN/ thread now.

Future Days > Tago Mago > Ege Bamyasi > Monster Movie
>>
>>72433182
Fuck you plebbitor fuck off
>>
>>72432980
I do and I have. There were a lot of '70s albums with emotion, I wasn't saying there weren't. However, the type of emotions is different. There weren't really many deeply personal and overtly emotional albums. Is there really any album from the '70s that is truly similar to Carrie & Lowell or say Skeleton Tree? I'm talking more about the way in which emotions are expressed through music, which I believe has changed.
>>
File: 0000982108_800.jpg (114KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
0000982108_800.jpg
114KB, 800x800px
>>72434341
>>
>>72434389
Okay. I think that sort of fits but I think the quantity has changed. The amount of albums released today that I would consider depressing is much more numerous than the '70s albums I have heard.
>>
>>72434515
>than the '70s albums I have heard.
Going back to my original point, I just think you haven't listened to enough music. I'm not trying to sound like a dickhead or anything.
>>
>>72434543
I have heard practically all the popular '70s albums on RYM
>>
>>72434568
Well, dig a little deeper maybe. Other than technology and rapping there really isn't anything new in music that wasn't done in the 60s and 70s. Not trying to sound like a curmudgeon, it just is what it is.
>>
>>72434607
>there really isn't anything new in music that wasn't done in the 60s and 70s
as I said before

>I'm talking more about the way in which emotions are expressed through music, which I believe has changed.

I cannot think of '70s albums that directly remind me of albums like In Utero or Hospice.
>>
>>72434688
of the top of my head, unknown pleasures is pretty is miserable pop songs in a similar way to in utero
>>
>>72434712
Funny enough, I was waiting for you to reply because I was going to mention Joy Division and how they make the cut.
>>
>>72434688
I don't know what to tell you my man. I could say I can't think of any 2010s records that remind of X and X from the 70s. I just don't think you've casted a wide enough net, especially if all you've delved into is whatever topped charts on RYM. There is a plethora is incredible and emotional music to be found. I mean fuck that was the hey-day of folk music. I haven't even mentioned post-punk.
>>
>>72430792
Sent :^)
I would advise you to throw out all of the /b/ responses
>>
>>72434777
Most of my favorite post punk artists are from the 80s desu
>>
>>72433247
Shit I forgot about Can

oh well
>>
>>72434825
That's fine, but it doesn't invalidate the countless classics that built the genre in the 70s.
>>
>>72434847
Like who? Joy Division counts i guess, I like MX-80 but they were pretty fucking obscure

Television I suppose
>>
>>72434885
I guess you'll have to revisit RYM. I don't think you understand the amount of music that has been recorded.
>>
This is such a cute thread I love this thread.
>>
>>72434914
I'm not the guy who you were talking to
>>
>>72434936
haha thank you
>>
File: tinfoil peep.png (624KB, 723x960px) Image search: [Google]
tinfoil peep.png
624KB, 723x960px
>>72434949
Sorry. We all have the same name.
>>
>>72434975
I forgive you

what's your favorite post-punk band friendo
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.