[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are white people so weirdly obsessed with old black music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: 78997898798.jpg (43KB, 487x374px) Image search: [Google]
78997898798.jpg
43KB, 487x374px
That blacks moved on from decades ago. I swear, you play Mobb Deep or Biggie at a party with a bunch of white kids born in 1994 and they start shaking their ass and bopping like they were listening to this shit back when they were in diapers. Or jazz. The shit's been obsolete since Jim Crow was still a thing, but white people somehow think it's cool and #swag to sit in a recliner holding a glass of wine while listening to John Coltrane.

I swear, I've learned more about Nat King Cole, Howlin' Wolf, Jimi Hendrix, P-Funk, Earth Wind and Fire, and NWA from my white friends than I ever have from my black ones. Go to a blues festival and it's all white guys. I doubt any blacks have seriously listened to blues since at most the early 70s. Reggae had its day in the 60s-70s, but it's been kept alive by Puma shoes and white stoners wearing green and red T-shirts and Rasta hats.

The white kids who bump oldskool hip-hop are the worst though. As if any suburban white kid was caught dead listening to NWA back in the day.
>>
>>72424682
most brothas can't afford music let alone attend concerts. All they have is mainstream radio
>>
Niggaz are poor, man. It takes money to be able to preserve history and not be strictly concerned with the right here, right now. Probably why there's never really been an equivalent of classic rock radio for black artists.

Black music has historically been singles-oriented as well and AOR never quite caught on. It was slow to move to CDs because the CD format until the mid-90s was expensive and most blacks couldn't afford it. So record labels put Paul Simon or whatever on CDs early on, but not Kool & The Gang.
>>
I ONLY LISTEN TO FotM MUSIC

UPVOTE IF YOU TOO WERE BORN IN THE RIGHT GENERATION xDDDDDDDD
>>
>people telling other people what kind of music they can and can't not like based on thier race and prejudice stereotypes
Wow they have a word for this.......starts with an R. Can anyone help me out?
>>
White people havew a higher average IQ so are more likely to be interested in intellectual topics like the history of music
>>
>>72424881
retarded
>>
>>72424682
Because black people still love those as well, but you wanted to be a butthole on a message board to make up for the hugs your dad didn't give you.
>>
>>72424682
Most white kids don't listen to mobb deep or biggie - especially at parties. They will be playing the stuff the find on soundcloud. White girls will be playing what is generally popular. I don't know what kind of parties you go to. Here in the states, its like how I mentioned.
>>
>>72424682
NWA had a huge white following from the beginning, as did Jimi Hendrix. It took the whites in Britain to make him a star, too.

Plenty of black people still listen to Biggie. Biggie was an icon. Do you actually know any black people?
>>
What's wrong with a demographic enjoying something? I frequently listen to hip hop, jazz, and currently working my way into some blues. But I'm white as a fucking Scotsmen.
>>
>>72424682
Thats because black music used to be fused with white elements, giving it a unique soulfulness and harmonic richness. Now all black music is degenerate tribal bullshit
>>
>>72424682
Straight Outta Compton was huge among the white suburban crowd when it was released. It's how it sold so well.
>>
>>72425254
"Hip-hop is the only vital form of music since punk rock."

-- Kurt Cobain

Also Bob Dylan became intrigued by hip-hop when it first got big. These were white guys, one of them an old white guy at that, in the early 90s.
>>
>>72425453
Bob dylan had the worst bars ever though when he tried to rap:

https://youtu.be/xfi7ME_Y5Vs
>>
>>72425453

>jews
>white
>>
>>72425634
>/pol/tard
>outside of his containment board
>>
Why the fuck do you care? That is the real question.
>>
>>72424682
How do you even dance to Mobb Deep? Trying to picture someone getting funky to Up North Trip.
>>
>>72424737
this
/thread
>>
>look at black feels thread on /r9k/
>every now and then there's someone saying "white guy here. what music are you guys into? what do blackbots think about miles davis? "
>look at asian feels thread
>have never seen any anyone ask the asianbots how they feel about boredoms and keiji haino

why is this? I'm sure it's one of you who keeps making those posts.
>>
>>72424737
>tfw too poor to ever afford to attend a concert
way to hurt me in the feels, bro
>>
>>72424682
I don't listen to it cause its "cool", I listen to it cause I like it, now stfu and let people listen to what they want to you fagget.
>>
>>72426037
>black feels thread on /r9k/
Are they as pathetic as whites?
>>
OP has never been to a party
>>
File: 1484281143745.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484281143745.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
>>72425051
>>
>>72426159
Same amount of projecting against women, only they sprinkle the blame with race. Despite only wanted white and Asian women.

You can't really compare their pathetically sad lives. It's just a different flavour of sadness and cycles of guilt
>>
>>72426037
Because black music is the basis for most modern western music. It's way more institutionalized in the west
>>
File: chart.png (127KB, 1308x718px) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
127KB, 1308x718px
>>72426037
>>
>>72426597
what about brown asians
>>
File: 1463143772351.jpg (41KB, 335x538px) Image search: [Google]
1463143772351.jpg
41KB, 335x538px
>>72426597
>>
'70s soul music is amazing, black or white
>>
>>72426693
>chromatic scale
>>
>>72426597
Asians have been doing nothing but copying Western music for the past 40 years, that's why they don't have a big influence.
>>
>>72426597
Some of the best quality music of all time was performed by black men. Art Tatum, the blind beast, is arguably the greatest pianist ever.

More directly, this chart has nothing to do with the thread, which is why white people like old black music. The obvious answer is because black music used to be good.
>>
>>72426516
Very apt analysis
>>
>>72424929
Were you jacking off when you typed this
>>
>>72424682
answer: it was pretty good

>As if any suburban white kid was caught dead listening to NWA back in the day.
who do you think was buying those records?
>>
>>72424682
Kill yourself nigger
>>
>>72428347
Well I do browse r9k. Trends come and go. Between 08 to 11 it was men Vs women, then it went into establishment Vs indie and underground. Now it's race. Race baiting is going to keep being fueled for the next century obviously like it always has, to keep us divided. But this particular media cycle will focus in on white Vs the world.

There's nothing I can do, it has become a force of nature, you can't contain what the media does when it tries to rock the vote.
>>
>>72428425
Rock the boat*

It's also important to know that the race baiting will die down in a few years. Manipulation of the masses in western civs will hopefully grow out of this and realize what is happening.
>>
>>72424843
I always wondered why really old soul and blue never got CD releases.
>>72426745
Lauren Nyro deserves to be sampled as well a James Brown.
>>
Why are niggers so violent, lazy, and stupid?
>>
>>72424881
ray j
>>
https://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/11/18/116-black-music-that-black-people-dont-listen-to-anymore/
>>
>>72431291
I don't know why this made me laugh so hard but it did so good on you
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.