[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Slowdive? I never really got into them because at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Souvlaki_(album)_cover.jpg (11KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Souvlaki_(album)_cover.jpg
11KB, 220x220px
Opinions on Slowdive?

I never really got into them because at one point I viewed them as a bargain-basement version of My Bloody Valentine. I'm willing to reevaluate their work, however, so I'm wondering what you guys think is their best album and if you like them at all.
>>
They're a bargain-basement version of My Bloody Valentine
>>
>>72424140
>I never really got into them because at one point I viewed them as a bargain-basement version of My Bloody Valentine.
as somebody who has listen to both mbv and slowdiver over 2k times
i kindly want to tell you to fuck off
>>
>>72424150
Haha, why? Convince me why that's an incorrect evaluation.
>>
>>72424140
they arent really similar to my bloody valentine though?
>>
They went into country music afterwards, wtf.
>>
I can't get into shoegaze. I've tried so many times, but it just makes me anxious, Slowdive included
>>
>>72424159
The songwriting and performances are nearly identical. MBV obviously indulges in the "wall of sound" shoegaze effect more than Slowdive but underneath all of those guitar effects MBV and Slowdive are essentially similar.
>>
>>72424156
well, listen to them. They're nothing like MBV at all
>>
>>72424140
>I viewed them as a bargain-basement version of My Bloody Valentine.
but they aren't at all
>I'm willing to reevaluate their work, however, so I'm wondering what you guys think is their best album and if you like them at all.
Souvlaki is their best work, you should listen to it.

Just for a Day is a great album as well, same goes for Pygmalion (more electronic than their other work, still a great album and worth a listen), and even their latest self titled album is a good comeback record and in my aoty'17 contender list.

And yeah I like them if you couldn't tell.
>>
Souvlaki would be the greatest rock album of the 90s if Loveless didn't exist. Pygmalion is Kid A, 8 years before Kid A was a thing. Slowdive are mesmerizing, and truly a hidden gem of a band.

Yes, most of their music is dreamy teen rock, but goddammit, it evokes so many great emotions out of me. Their 2017 album is great too
>>
>>72424184
my man, you cant evaluate them if you dont listen to them
>>
>>72424197
Ok, you've convinced me to check them out. Thanks hombre.
>>
>>72424171
How 'bout dream pop?
>>
Souvlaki is the day to Loveless' night. Loveless is the album you listen to drunk at midnight when you feel down. Souvlaki is what you listen to when the sun is coming up and you know everything will be alright.
>>
Pygmalion is basically the bargain-basement version of Spirit of Eden/Laughing Stock.
Oh, and it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>72424323
opposite
>>
>>72424323
Other way round for me, I feel like When the Sun Hits is the only optimistic song on Souvlaki
I do prefer Souvlaki to Loveless, it feels more personal I suppose. Slowdive are my absolute favourite band too
>>
>>72424323
both are pretty dark and sad
>>
>>72424514
Only Rutti and Blue Skied bear similarities to Talk Talk really. The rest of the album is basically ambient with rock instrumentation.
>>
Do they have any more song like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN5nzG1t_sM
>>
>>72424162
It was the best decision they made. At least 4 of the Mojave 3 albums are GOAT.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.