[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the consensus on /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: sample-wars-neil-young.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sample-wars-neil-young.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
whats the consensus on /mu/?
>>
GOAT
>>
>>72422574

dadrock projecting fast towards gramparock. one of the GOAT nonetheless
>>
Incredible man. Saying otherwise is a sign of immaturity. You're not fucking cool for saying he's shitty "b-because p4k likes him, s-so therefore..."
>>
I like Neil Young
>>
File: CSNY.jpg (77KB, 798x446px) Image search: [Google]
CSNY.jpg
77KB, 798x446px
Rank them
>>
>>72422626
>>72422693
>>72422771
>>72422786
Imagine having such shit taste in music.
>>
he's kinda overrated, isn't he? great guitarist but after the gold rush isnt that good
>>
>>72422802
yeah i feel bad for you. neil young is a legend and creative genius.
>>72422817
you should listen to him more before you form an opinion because you come off as so uniformed. sad!
>>
Simple ABAB rhymes invoking mundane imagery like fire - desire, dance-romance, love - above, sung in an andorgynous voice to a simple country pop backing. That is all.
>>
File: Neil-Young.jpg (85KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Neil-Young.jpg
85KB, 600x400px
>>72422574
Neil Young is one of the greatest artists to come out of the 60s. His range of acoustic prairie melody and frantic electric style make him both a staple of folk rock and a rebel in his own right.

And thats not even getting into his proto-grunge.
>>
>>72422799
Young>Stills>Crosby>>Nash
>>
>>72422799
Neil was probably the best songwriter. Close second is Stills for his talent. Crosby could write pretty well but is probably the 3rd most talented. Nash was talented and wrote some great songs but he's more or less an incredible harmony singers.. So he's 4th.
>>
>>72422817
He's got a massive discography. I think people usually warm up to him when they find an album that connects. For me it was Zuma's 'Cortez the Killer'

Then I started to get into his discography and realized how prolific/incredible his songwriting ability was.
>>
File: Arc.jpg (217KB, 1086x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Arc.jpg
217KB, 1086x1081px
>>72422574
He's underrated for how experimental he is/was. I have a lot of respect for him for his forays into Noise, New Wave (Trans is underrated af btw), Post-Rock, Noise Rock, Grunge, etc.
Not many of his generation would do that
>>
>>72424826
I admire that most about his work. He just does whatever his muse calls him to do. The guy doesn't stay stale to make money. He just goes after the art.
>>
>>72424858
The record company he was working for had asked him to please make a rock 'n' roll album like he used to. So he made an album based off of 1950s rock 'n' roll in order to piss them off and get out of the record deal.
>>
>>72424899
His Geffen stuff gets slagged off quite a bit, but I think his only bad one for them was Landing on Water. A lot of it was weak compared to his usual stuff, but Trans in particular was great. Geffen fucked up by suing him.
>>
>>72424940
Sometimes I wonder what albums would sound like if record companies would just step out of the studio and let the artist create. Either way, he did great work with trans. That one really surprised me.
>>
>>72422574
I dont like him but i respect the hell out of him, hes an undeniably great songwriter. In fact tonight im going to make another attempt to get into him, thanks OP.
>>
>>72425073
start with everyone knows this is nowhere. its solid as fuck and the perfect entry album. still one of my favorites
>>
>>72425500
I'd say start with Harvest but that's a great choice too
>>
His lyrics, guitar playing, and voice is amazing. He really is a legend
>>
>>72425500
That one took me the longest to get into, I started with harvest and then went to after the gold rush
>>
>>72422574
I just can't get past his voice, I'm sorry
>>
>>72425938
I didn't start with albums. I started seeing his live performances and I just loved his performances. Really is an incredible conduit for songwriting.
>>
>>72422626
Seconded. He's my favourite artist. So so many great albums, both studio and live ones.
>>
He's great. Immense discography with a bit of everything, and a lot of it is mediocre or even straight out crap, but when it's good, it's really fucking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHN62t5hPcY
>>
>>72426116
I can't even pin point what gets me about this song each time.. But I always get shivers when he starts singing that first verse.
>>
>>72426154
Cortez the Killer gets me every time.
>>
>>72423988
Really?
>>
>>72426269
I mean, I'm not the biggest Neil Young fan, but come on.
>>
>>72425938
im really into guitar heavy stuff so everyone knows this is nowhere was the jam of a lifetime when i first heard it.

cinamon girl, everyone knows this is nowhere, down by the river and cowgirl in the sand hit me instantly as hits and quickly there after i loved every other song on the album.

i like harvest a lot but songs like a man needs a maid and there's a world through me for a loop with their massive orchestrations. i think the needle and the damage done and words are some of the best songs he ever wrote though.
>>
>>72422799
young > stills > crosby > nash
>>
>>72424899
the madman
>>
Kinda boring, never really liked him
>>
>>72422802
imagine having such shit taste in music.
>>
i actually really like harvest never got into the whole grandfather of grunge side of him
>>
>>72425500
>>72425691
Thanks lads, last time i tried Gold Rush but couldnt get into his voice. Wish me luck, im going on an adventure
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.