[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

popos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: The_Police_(album).jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Police_(album).jpg
22KB, 300x300px
where do i start with these niggas?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcUWKecKoN0
>>
File: 5331129882.jpg (71KB, 542x467px) Image search: [Google]
5331129882.jpg
71KB, 542x467px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA4b1GKjiew

what did fripp do to him?
>>
You don't
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTdnFHETgrg
>>
>>72420777
already beat the game! nice trips btw.
>>
First album is a good place to start, but all their albums are quite samey
>>
Start with Outlandos d'Amour then listen to the rest of the albums in this order:

Regatta de Blanc, Zenyatta Mondatta, Ghost in the Machine, Synchronicity.
>>
File: Police flowchart.png (535KB, 1757x438px) Image search: [Google]
Police flowchart.png
535KB, 1757x438px
Just made a flowchart for you.
>>
>>72421368
SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY SO LONELY
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.jpg (39KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.jpg
39KB, 550x550px
Can't find their albums in the archive
>>
>>72420472

Now poster >>72421497 has the right idea but the first five albums posted are totally unnecessary. All you need is the first two on the right and that's basically it.
>>
I really like their song Wrapped Around Your Finger but find everything else they've done insufferable garbage
>>
>>72422639
Nah. They're pretty kickass band. Copeland is a god tier drummer and Summers might use space better than any other guitarist and Sting is no slouch as a bassist.

I like all their albums but especially Zenyatta Mondatta and Ghost in the Machine.
>>
>>72422828

WE ARE SPIRITS IN THE MATERIAL WORLD WE ARE SPIRITS IN THE MATERIAL WORLD WE ARE SPIRITS IN THE MATERIAL WORLD WE ARE SPIRITS IN THE MATERIAL WORLD WE ARE SPIRITS IN THE MATERIAL WORLD WE ARE SPIRITS IN THE MATERIAL WORLD WE ARE SPIRITS IN THE MATERIAL WORLD WE ARE SPIRITS IN THE MATERIAL WORLD
>>
File: the big 5.jpg (11KB, 273x184px) Image search: [Google]
the big 5.jpg
11KB, 273x184px
>>72420472
Start with anything except Ghost. Ghost is a little over arranged. It took me, a fan, a few listens to get into while the rest immediately clicked. Otherwise,you'll wonder where the time went, they're a really consistent fun band.

On a separate note check out this interview the Police did with Revolver from 2000. Everybody gets some zingers in, they'd fit right in here.

http://www.sting.com/news/article/4251
>>
Zenyatta Mondatta best album.
>>
>>72422609
Why not Zenyatta? That's easily my personal favorite
>>
File: zenyatta mondatta.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
zenyatta mondatta.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
>>72423487
Their box set on the far right has all the Zen tracks plus their b sides and the rest of their album tracks. Otherwise, yeah Zen is my favorite album of all time. It should be tied with Remain in Light as the album of 1980.
>>
>>72423550
Patrician opinion. Voices in My Head was the first bassline I taught myself to play.

>>72422639
The entire second half of Synchronicity is objectively the strongest materiel that they ever recorded. Just listen to the building atmospherics from King of Pain through Wrapped to Tea In The Sahara. That fadeout on Sahara never ceases to give me the shivers.

They knew that they had peaked as a band, and they knew that it was the last material they would ever record together, and it's why I'd argue that Synchronicity's second half is the best example of a band knowingly saying "farewell" since the second half of Abbey Road.
>>
>>72420472
start with that compilation
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.