[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums from awkward teenage years that you still listen to.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

ITT: Albums from awkward teenage years that you still listen to.
>>
I listened to a lot of 70's punk/pop punk type stuff.
I still listen to it sometimes but not near as much as I used to

First 4 Ramones albums
First 3 Clash albums
First Undertones album
Husker Du - New Day Rising, Flip Your Wig
Green Day up to American Idiot
Rancid
Screeching Weasel - Anthem for a New Tomorrow, My Brain Hurts, Bark Like a Dog, How to Make Enemies and Irritate People
>>
Collage dropout, Laste registration, Graduation
>>
Demon Days is really the only one from those times that I still really dig. I remember when it came out and I would always hear people playing the feel good inc bassline from the music rooms.
>>
File: 1mel2.jpg (37KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
1mel2.jpg
37KB, 475x356px
>>72419150
I was a weird kid and only listened to "novelty" music like Weird Al and songs from Mel Brooks movies. Still love Al but I can't watch Blazing Saddles or The Producers without cringing.
>>
>>72419150
Green Day - American Idiot
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
Yellowcard - Lights & Sounds
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
All American Rejects - Move Along

too many good memories associated with these albums for me not to go back to them every once in a while
>>
>>
>>72419150
>Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
>The Cars - Candy - O
>Aerosmith - Rocks
>Boston -ST
>The Eagle - Hotel California
>Elton John - Rock of the Westies
>>
>>72419962
My niggity nigg nigg.
>>
>>72419150
August Burns Red- Messengers
Parkway Drive- Killing with a Smile
Misfits- 77'-83' fits only, all albums
Bayside-The Walking Wounded
Coheed and Cambria- SSTB through NWFT
TBDM- Deflorate
Streetlight Manifesto- Somewhere in Between
>>
File: 1491877889902.jpg (236KB, 1600x1561px) Image search: [Google]
1491877889902.jpg
236KB, 1600x1561px
>>72419150
I listen to Good Charlotte when I'm feeling nostalgic. It always makes me think of the friends I made on Gaia. I wonder how those socially retarded fucks are doing these days. It used to be so easy to meet misunderstood qts online too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYeEWxKl0l4
>>
File: clairty.jpg (84KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
clairty.jpg
84KB, 300x300px
This, Desaparecidos, and Big Star were my favorite bands as a teen.

>>72419889
Young Frankenstein is great tho. I got more into Monty Python growing up 2bh.
>>
>>72421025
100/10 would hang out with
>>
File: 1459050825409.png (156KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1459050825409.png
156KB, 270x270px
>>72421025
>Parkway Drive- Killing with a Smile
Oh fuck anon you've brought so many memories back. Just giving it a listen to them again after so many years and yeah they're pretty decent for what they are.
>mfw So cry me a fucking river bitch
>>
Niandra LaDes and Usually Just a T-Shirt
>>
>>72421210
Hell yeah bro. Me and the boys having invisible ninja fights to the metal and skankin away at the ska. cheers bro
>>72421266
Dude that album has definitely aged well for what it is.
The best part of it being 2007 is that ALL of these albums from 07+ are gonna be turning ten which means 10 year anniversary tours.
BLESSED.
>>
>>72421025
streetlight manifesto is genuinely good senpai
>>
>>72421333
They are doing a 10 year tour for Somewhere in Between starting next month. Check it out anons, will be a killer show.
Nothing like seeing them melt that brass for an hour and a half.
>>
File: day121-cursive-domestica.jpg (72KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
day121-cursive-domestica.jpg
72KB, 1000x1000px
A lot of Saddle Creek indie etc bands (Cursive, Bright Eyes, Neva Dinova, Rilo Kiley), death cab for cutie, bear vs shark, stuff like that, nothing I'd be embarrassed about. This is probably the stuff I revisit the most

When I'm in the mood..
Some punk like older nofx, misfits when they weren't shit, dead kennedys, rancid, operation ivy, choking victim, probably more i'm forgetting

Also hardcore, 108, bane, champion, judge, gorilla biscuits, integrity, some youth crew/straight edge bands.

>>72421147
Clarity is genuinely a good album. I haven't heard the new Desaparcidos album but I enjoyed their first, may even still have the CD somewhere (bought it when it was new).
>>
Fuck man, Underoath was my shit back then, i still listen to it on a daily basis, they're so good
>>
Underoath is actually good metalcire
>>
>>72419484
literally nothing wrong with clash mate
>>
File: folder.jpg (133KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
133KB, 1000x1000px
>>
File: Folder.jpg (33KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
33KB, 200x200px
I unironically think this album is the best in its genre

>>72421025
> tfw will never be 16 and have Messengers and Constellations "speak to me" profoundly again
>>
A shit ton of surface indie. TV on the Radio, Arcade Fire, Rilo Kiley, etc.

Garage rock revival, like The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

The Killers. Weezer. Kid Cudi.

Occasionally pop punk like Blink-182, Yellowcard, the All-American Rejects, etc.

Early-mid 00's were a good time for rock music.
>>
>>72422577
I never said there was, it's all just what I listened to in my awkward teen years
>>
when the kite string pops
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.