[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First-Timer Reccomendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: a3957713360_10.jpg (322KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3957713360_10.jpg
322KB, 1200x1200px
Hi /mu/.
I never really cared about music, until recently a friend of mine recommended me a few albums.
So I've started to wonder what's out there for me, and I tought this would be a nice place to ask.
Among the albums recommended to me I really loved Whenever, if ever; Harmlessness and People Who Can Eat People are the luckiest people in the world, so you can use those as a reference for recommendations.

Also, keep in mind that I literally listened only a few other albums other than those I mentioned, so you can throw at me any kind of "You must have at least heard of this" album, because I most likely didn't.
Thx in advance.
>>
You might like Foxing - The Albatross or You Blew It! - Grow Up, Dude
>>
Emo / post-rock / folk sounds like yr thing

American football - st
Modest Mouse - the lonesome crowded west
In the aeroplane over the sea (cause meme)
snowing - fuck yr emotional bullshit
Brand new - devil and god

thats all I got lmoa
>>
Try Home, like noplace is there by The Hotelier and You're gonna miss it all by Modern Baseball.
>>
>>72414031
>>72413999
>>72414178
listen to all of these, starting with american football and in the aeroplane over the sea.
>>
>>72413872
The Microphones - The Glow Pt. 2
Red House Painters - Down Colorful Hill (Rollercoaster is good as well, maybe even better)
Sun Kil Moon - Benji
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Nico - Desertshore
Joanna Newsom - Ys
Nick Drake - Bryter Layter (Or Pink Moon if you want something sadder)
Michael Gira - I Am Not Insane (Micheal Gira is the frontman of Swans, a prolific experimental rock act, this is a country/folk album from him, he also fronts Angels of Light, an experimental country/folk band)
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love and Hate
if you want a folk album from completely off the wall check out
Comus - The First Utterance
Current 93 - The Inmost Light Trilogy (Where the long shadows fall, all the pretty horses, The Starres are marching home)
and
Death In June - But, What Ends When The Symbols Shatter?
>>
the first thing I listened when I got into /mu/ was MBDTF in like 2011. I was very confused because I thought I wouldn't like it, but I ended up really enjoying it.
>>
File: mu core.jpg (3MB, 1781x4325px) Image search: [Google]
mu core.jpg
3MB, 1781x4325px
just listen to the core really and then you end up finding the stuff you really enjoy and explore it more
>>
>>72414338
>all those wrong /mu/-core albums
>>
Tigers Jaw - S/T
>>
File: 1399701471366.jpg (183KB, 522x610px) Image search: [Google]
1399701471366.jpg
183KB, 522x610px
newcunts, all of you
>>
>>72413872
More AJJ than just people who eat people
The front bottoms
Michael Kofron - Shut Up
>>
summer is strong, lurk more. honestly just stick around for a while and lurk sharethreads and chart threads and use last.fm and discover what you like. speaking from experiences, finding stuff from digging for a while is much better than having it all given to you right from the beginning
>>
>>72414338
tfw people only make these big charts so they can add whatever they want to the mu core list.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.