[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums that women will never understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

File: spiderland.jpg (141KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
spiderland.jpg
141KB, 800x800px
ITT: Albums that women will never understand
>>
woman here, stfu spiderland is one of my favourite albums ever
>>
File: classic meme 1.jpg (81KB, 854x960px) Image search: [Google]
classic meme 1.jpg
81KB, 854x960px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9m3Xduvn4&t=10s
>>
>>72403106

Sure it's your favorite but you would never understand it.
>>
>>72403142
What's not to understand? Breadcrumb trail is about the dream of a lonely guy who wishes he had a gf. Nosferatu man is about having everything but throwing it all away out of boredom and despair. Don Aman is simply about social anxiety at a party. Washer is about killing one's self after the love of one's life goes away. And Good Morning Captain is about the Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

This album is a favourite *because* I understand it.
>>
Any prog album
>>
>>72403142
So you understand Henry Cow better than Dagmar Krause?
>>
>>72403215
Was meant for >>72403192
>>
>>72403164
Men give this album a minimum of 7 while women, since they don't get it give me a maximum of the same number.
>>
>tfw gf introduced me to spiderland
>>
>>72403310
I give it a 9, sooooo~
>>
>>72403331
So be my gf
>>
>>72403338
What a cuck
>>
>>72403310
Do you think a black/middle-eastern man or a white woman is more likely to give Spiderland a higher rating?
>>
>>72403338
no ty, good taste in music tho. You might like Sunny Day Real Estate - How It Feels to be Something On. Just as good as Spiderland IMO, wide variety of sounds, and very emotional delivery and themes...
>>
>>72403362
I played Spiderland to my housemates. 2 white guys, one black guy, one indian, and 3 girls. All the girls hated it, the black guy hated it, the indian hated it, and the 2 white guys loved it even tho one of them only likes classical usually...
>>
>>72403106
Please be in London
>>
>>72403164
hmmm no
>>
>>72403106
You know the rules
>>
>>72403164
>Breadcrumb trail is about the dream of a lonely guy who wishes he had a gf.

No, it's about how differentiating yourself from the sheep reaps its own rewards.

>Nosferatu man is about having everything but throwing it all away out of boredom and despair
No it's about a vampire who ends up killing his lover, leaving him alone.
>Don Aman is simply about social anxiety at a party
And then he leaves, isolating himself. That's important.
>Washer is about killing one's self after the love of one's life goes away
Perhaps.
>Good Morning Captain is about the Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
That's a bit of a simplification. Each song is about isolating oneself, and Good Morning, Captain turns it all around with a man who misses all the people he left.
>>
>>72403106
Please sit on my face
>>
>>72403106
post feet
>>
>>72403434
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL65NQVTubw
>>
>>72403434
Wow, you're pedantic. I can be pedantic too

>No, it's about how differentiating yourself from the sheep reaps its own rewards.
uhh and it's also about a lonely guy who dreams he had a gf.

>No it's about a vampire who ends up killing his lover, leaving him alone.
then I'm afraid you're not looking deeply enough into the music to see the point

>And then he leaves, isolating himself. That's important.
yeah, it's important. It's also important that there's a positive ending to the song where he realises who's fault it is and starts to take control of his life

>Perhaps
"Woah look at me I can say perhaps"
really big contribution...

>That's a bit of a simplification. Each song is about isolating oneself, and Good Morning, Captain turns it all around with a man who misses all the people he left.
>thought nosferatu man was just about a vampire killing his lover

All you've proven here is that you're insufferable and that no girl would ever wanna go out with you. You don't understand at all that subjective interpretations of the lyrics are an important part of Spiderland, people look for different things in the music and relate them to their experiences differently. That's why some people simply don't like spiderland, whereas you and I clearly love it. Why don't you just stop being rude and narcissistic hmm?
>>
friend of mine directed a fan music video for Don Aman.
Would I regret posting it here?
Don't want him getting any nasty messages or anything
>>
>>72403106
let me lick your asshole please
>>
>>72403473
Never listened to Radiohead. Video doesn't apply to me I guess.
>>72403480
Haha holy shit. You okay there? Real defensive n' shit. A little sand in your vagina?

>uhh and it's also about a lonely guy who dreams he had a gf.
Where's the dream part come from?
>then I'm afraid you're not looking deeply enough into the music to see the point
The point is isolation. That's the whole album. All of the characters have this in common alone.
>It's also important that there's a positive ending to the song where he realises who's fault it is and starts to take control of his life
Whoaaa elaborate on that one there. All we know is that Don is responsible, we don't know for what.

I said perhaps because I really never saw the suicide angle before, and I'm not sure do now even with your say so. It's interesting, and I'll have to digest it more.
>All you've proven here is that you're insufferable and that no girl would ever wanna go out with you

>Haha holy shit. You okay there? Real defensive n' shit. A little sand in your vagina?
>>
My impression is Spiderlade is made for women.
Women will never understand brutal rap.
>>
File: born-to-die-4f3ac0c16af41.jpg (589KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
born-to-die-4f3ac0c16af41.jpg
589KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>72403505
Men confirmed for not allowed to listen to Spiderland. Women best sex =3
>>
>>72403524
*Liberal women
>>
>>72403106
Can you fart in my nose
>>
File: 117443346.jpg (141KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
117443346.jpg
141KB, 1024x1024px
>>
File: img_6087.jpg (80KB, 540x568px) Image search: [Google]
img_6087.jpg
80KB, 540x568px
>>72403480
BTFO. she just ended his whole career
>>
>>72403480
Go make a sandwich
>>
>>72403955
abuse me more daddy
>>
>>72403087
>implying that women would understand anything about music.
>>
ITT: anons that will never understand women
>>
>>72403480
>yeah, it's important. It's also important that there's a positive ending to the song where he realises who's fault it is and starts to take control of his life

I think you might have misunderstood the last verse. I think the last verse is about Don isolating himself from the rest of society as he realizes the only person he can trust is himself.

Don woke up
And looked at the night before
He knew what he had to do
He was responsible
In the mirror
He saw his friend
>>
>>72405104
you could interpret it that way or you could believe that by him finally seeing his friend in the mirror he learned to change is tendencies.
>>
>>72403164
>>72403434
>>72403480
>>72403503
how are you two missing the point of breadcrumb trail? it's about not dwelling on the future. instead of waiting in line to have his fortune told, he is riding the exciting rollercoaster. for these depressed teenagers, it symbolizes them trying to seize their fleeting youth snd celebrate today and live life, instead of being worried about the future. if you want me to go into more detail i can.
>>
>>72403087
This is true. I was blaring this and my sister told me turn that shit off while my older brother who is into hip hop/rap shit told me it was weird but cool
>>
File: The 1975 - The 1975.png (720KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
The 1975 - The 1975.png
720KB, 800x800px
The majority of their fanbase are girls, but for it to actually hit you you have to be a guy.

>tfw Robbers
>>
>>72405555
Dude you wasted quads on this fucking awful post
>>
>>72403473
varg?
>>
>>72403087
Women might be able to enjoy Weezer's Pinkerton, but they could never fully understand it.
>>
>>72405902
this. no music makes me feel as shitty as relating to this album. however, i'm a man, and as much as i love Dolly Parton's Jolene, I'll never understand mosts aspects of it like a woman can.
>>
>>72403106
Are u into femdom?
>>
>>72405931
I feel like that's probably a really good comparison. I'll never fully appreciate Jolene because I will never experience those struggles.
>>
>>72405555
"no"
>>
>>72403106
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Seriously though, OP is just shitposting. Spiderland's themes are relatable to most people.
>>
There's a girl at the record store I work at with a spiderland shirt and when I saw shellac, everyone wearing slint gear was female
>>
>>72403106
please read my reply
>>
>>72403164
The difference is sympathy and empathy.
>>
>All these autists posting the "RIGHT" meaning to a song

Oh my god! It's like song's meaning is intepreted by an invidiual subjectively, which is one of the reasons what makes music so interesting as you can intepret things to your own subjective view

Oh my god!
>>
>>72407016
>artists can't have specific messages they are trying to convey
>it's not possible to tell what a song was intended to convey
every song means just whatever you think it means XD it's itz all subjective :p
>>
>>72407077
There is a reason why most artists refuse to tell you what their song means.

Yes, sometimes there is a clear message, but you should see what you yourself take away from the art.
>>
>>72403310
male here and enjoy the 4 I just gave it
>>
>>72407092
>Yes, sometimes there is a clear message, but you should see what you yourself take away from the art.
of course. but what we were trying to discuss was the original meaning to the song. what the story was about. and how the lyrics and symbolism were tied to the music. everyone has a subjective connection to the music and the lyrics, but the original meaning is decipherable.
>>
>>72405229
>if you want me to go into more detail i can.
genuinely interested, please do
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Name a more iconic duo than a girl wearing a shirt with this album cover yet not being able to name even one song.

I'll wait.
>>
>>72405799
>>72406048
Such a shame that you refuse understand this masterpiece
>>
>>72407176
let me finish this paper i'm writing, then i'll do a rap genius style lyric breakdown. i swear i don't have autism.
>>
>>72406301
No, I have empathy for it that's why I like it. You boys are too dense to understand that somebody who is not male could appreciate this art for what it is without caring about genitals
>>
File: weezer_pinkerton.jpg (143KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
weezer_pinkerton.jpg
143KB, 1024x1024px
Objectively true.
>>
Every. Single. One.
>>
File: file.png (27KB, 560x245px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27KB, 560x245px
>>72403540
>>72403524
this
>>
>>72403164
Lol. No. At the surface level sure thats what most of the songs are about, but you're still way off
>>
>>72403372
>SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE
>ANYTHING LIKE SLINT
Proof woomoon can't understand anything other than shitty pop
Fuckin dropped
>>
Lmao at these idiots who try to find the meaning behind slint songs and still botch the interpretations.
>>
idk my girlfriend said spiderland "lowkey bangs in the whip" so
>>
>>72407386
yep. it's an ugly relatable feel
>>
>>72405229
>>72407176
>>7240722
>I stepped out onto the midway. I was looking for the pirate ship and saw this small, old tent at one end. It was blue and had white lights hanging all around it. I decided to check out the tent, it seemed I could hear music coming from inside. As I walked toward it, I passed a crowd of people at the sideshow
this is to set up the scene. he is actively seeking out enjoyment and its right in front of him. the narrator wants to enjoy life/the moment/etc.
>I couldn't figure out why they would want to wait in line
the narrator, can see the fun in front of him. doesn't understand why all these people are choosing to be away from it
>I pulled back the drape thing on the tent.
however, his curiosity gets the best of him and he looks to see what the hubbub is all about

The scene is set, now here comes the on the nose symbolism
>There was a crystal ball at the table, and behind it, a girl wearing a hat. She smiled, and asked me if I wanted my fortune read. I said okay and sat down.
He, like everyone, is worry about his future. This symbolize our curiosity of our destiny/fear of the unknown
>I thought about it for a minute, and asked her if she would rather go on the roller coaster instead
However, on second thought the narrator would rather go on the rides. This symbolizes the desire to live in the moment/enjoy fleeting youth (they were 19-20 when they made this) as opposed to dwelling what the future has in store.
>Creeping up into the sky
Stopping, at the top, and starting down
The girl grabbed my hand, I clutched it tight
I said good-bye to the ground
Musical climax and shouted vocals, at the climax of the roller coaster. Like trying to talk to someone while on a rollercoaster. He is with a beautiful girl on the peak of a roller coaster. He is engrossed in the moment. There's no turning back, just going along for the ride. Slint were entering adulthood. They could either dwell on their future or they could experience the here and now.
>>
>>72408856
(cont.)
>Far below, a soiled man. A bucket of torn tickets at his side he watches as the children run by. And picks his teeth
a jaded view of adulthood. the man with a job and responsibility has to work to survive and watch the kids play. The boys in Slint know that their past of childhood freedom is about to come to a close. They see their future in front of them.
>Spinning round, my head begins to turn
I shouted, and searched the sky for a friend
I heard the fortune teller, screaming back at me
as he's leaving adulthood, he's searching for meaningful relationships. he doesn't know how he will so he puts himself out there literally.
>We stuck out our hands and met the wind
he finds a meaningful relationship in the girl. now they can let go and go for the ride. In this moment, the future does not matter, as they are on this ride together.
>The girl falters as she steps down from the platform. She clutches her stomach, and begins to heave.
the literal stumblings of entering adulthood. similar to a newborn learning to walk, the ground is shaky. they are trying to gain their footing.
>The ticket-taker smiles, and the last car is ready. Who told you that you could leave?
the ticket-master, symbolizing the adult, knows, probably from past experience, that the two of them, no matter were they end up in life, will have that moment. that time where the only thing that mattered was each other. love young sticks with you forever.
>>
>>72409106
(cont.)
>The sun was setting by the time we left. We walked across the deserted lot, alone. We were tired, but we managed to smile
they both know that they will have to separate/break up, but they try to hang on for as long as they can. the sun is setting both on their relationship, but also their youth.
>At the gate I said goodnight to the fortune teller. The carnival sign threw colored shadows on her face, but I could tell she was blushing
they will always have the time they spent together. the boys in slint will always have their youth. as a fond memory. all because they decided to live in the moment.

this song is a blatant symbol for young adulthood, it's bittersweetness, living in the moment, and the interpersonal connections involved with it.
>>
>>72408856
>>72409106
>>72409140
you're overlooking it
none of the lyrics on spiderland have real metaphorical values like "young adulthood", and i'm saying this as someone who considers it the most significant and greatest album of all time and has probably listened to it 500 times
there is no use of symbolism in spiderland. slint weren't trying to have a big message. watch interviews with them. it was just 4 white kids.
>>
>>72409194
common dude. the fortune teller stuff is the most obvious use of symbolism. they were 4 kids terrified of adult hood. they weren't specifically trying to capture young adulthood. they were expressing their current mindset as young adults. to say there's no symbolism in spiderland is an insult to the band imo.

but i agree that it is an amazing album.
>>
>>72409310
i see what you mean, but i really don't think any overarching themes with the album are intentional, perhaps with the exception of the very blatant feeling of isolation IMO
>>
>>72409481
i don't think that this theme stretches the whole album, at least not on purpose. they were jus expressing how they felt as young adults. but songs like breadcrumb trail, don, amon, and (my favorite) Good Morning Captain all have blatant lyrical symbolism. I don't think they were trying to create a concept album, there's just a consistent theme of being a lonely, young adult because they were lonely young adults. try reading the lyrics with the music if you want to try to find instances of symbolism in their music if you want.
>>
>>72409194
That's the great thing about art though isn't it. I watched the breadcrumb trail doc. and yeah it's obvious they weren't putting much effort into the lyrics at all and it's mostly just random shit that's catchy or memorable. But the fact that there's different interpreting and it means different things to different people just adds another layer of greatness to this album, intentional or not.
And that goes for all types of art really.
>>
File: The Fragile (2).jpg (426KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The Fragile (2).jpg
426KB, 1920x1200px
>>
>>72409807
If you aren't clinically depressed you won't understand this album
>>
File: deadass incorrect famelot.jpg (134KB, 820x774px) Image search: [Google]
deadass incorrect famelot.jpg
134KB, 820x774px
ITT Men and (possibly women) who don't understand the same album
>>
File: madlads.jpg (315KB, 787x974px) Image search: [Google]
madlads.jpg
315KB, 787x974px
>>72409773
Something I love about this album, and I think it's something that comes across in the music itself but also through the documentary is that they weren't tryhards, I know it sounds dumb to put it that way but I think that is what makes this album so timeless.

They all had fun making it, sure, Brian in particular was going through some shit around the the time the album was finished and they were getting ready to tour, but it was a time of musical exploration, that was mainly driven by them being creative kids that had a lot of time on their hands.

This isn't some teenage emo record ridden with personal anecdotes of angst and self doubt, that's what makes it timeless. They weren't trying to make a dark record, they were making something honest.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.