[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RELEASE NIAGARA ANXIOUS FRAGMENTS PAUSE DEEEEEEEEEEEP PUDDLE DYNAMICS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (103KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
103KB, 700x700px
RELEASE
NIAGARA
ANXIOUS
FRAGMENTS
PAUSE
DEEEEEEEEEEEP PUDDLE DYNAMICS
>>
Doseone ruins this album for me. His voice makes me wanna rip my eyes out. Sole was the best rapper on the album. it's a nice and interesting album with cool themes, but I can't rate it highly because of mostly, Doseone.

His lyrics are pretentious, his delivery is trash.
>>
>>72403029
and it's a shame because I really like it otherwise and would rate it on the same level of A Tribe Called Quest if they'd just replaced him with a mediocre rapper at least. All the philosophy references are very nice, I do like some of the lyrical play. There's that moment in one songs where some guy is heckling Doseone, and that's how I feel about him on most the album lol. Big words != smart rapper

When I'm calling Sole, the guy who rapped "I only rap because I'm not smart enough to write a book" smarter than Doseone, you know he's shit.
>>
>>72403029
>>72403041
I can't say whether he's pretentious or not, I'm still digesting his lines since he's the most out there. But the little I catch he doesn't come off TOO pretentious. Like his verse on The Scarecrow Speaks, where he's getting heckled, he's just encouraging freedom of thought in a verbose way.

Though his verse on Mothers Of Invention eludes me as to what the fuck he's saying.
>>
>>72403400
It really is pretentious friend.

>LIFE IS A BUT A SINKING A FEELING XD
>I IMPLORE you... JUST....THINK

It's so cringey for me... that + the heckling really kills what might have been one of the best tracks on the album completely. He's trying to way too hard to sound like he's clever.

I don't believe in bad voices, only bad ways to use a voice, and Doseone uses his voice very badly...
>>
>>72403449
>LIFE IS A BUT A SINKING A FEELING
It's a valid interpretation of life. The theme song is the notion that life is about suffering, and the sooner you accept it the better. Life is a sinking feeling.

I dunno I just don't get that feeling of cringe. It's a guy who's putting his heart in words out there for the world. Admirable for sure. I just don't feel the cringe.

His vocals are interesting. I used to fucking despise them but it's kind of interesting to me.
>>
>>72403528
the lyric isn't the problem, all the rappers sing it. I actually think this is one of the most clever points of the album. But it's ruined by Doseone's cringey af delivery. Listen to it again and tell me he's not trying way too hard to sound "holier than thou"
>>
>>72403567
>and tell me he's not trying way too hard to sound "holier than thou"

I feel you on this. That's definitely how it comes across. I can understand how that'd ruin your enjoyment.
>>
>>72403014
Ibe had this album for so long but just can't find the time to listen to it. What are the 5 tracks you'd recommend someone to listen to if that was all they were listening to from the album?
>>
>>72403630
Deep Puddle Theme Song
Slight
Exist
Purpose
Mothers Of Invention
>>
>>72403641
Thanks going to listen to this right now
>>
I'm a huge doseone fan and disagree with pretty much all of the arguments against in this thread.

Alias is far and away the weakest link on this record. Sole is and (despite his acknowledgement of not being able to write a book) has remained the most "holier than thou" of the 4 of them. He has since attempted to write 2 books.

I don't think there's anything wrong with his delivery. Dude's working with what he's got, which is an incredibly nasal voice. This was also relatively early in his career in a time where he was still getting his bearings on his own style. Fast forward a couple years and you start to really see it shape itself into something utterly unique.
>>
File: MI0002097641.jpg (51KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
MI0002097641.jpg
51KB, 500x506px
>>72405253
proof
>>
>>72405253
I don't think he's pretentious man, but jesus fucking christ I wish I knew what he said for a lot of his verses:

For the sum of us
It’s completion, loaded myself in the walk way
Scratching out, walk ‘way
Deals like problems with the pots inside the phone
Hand the liar’s block
Coming down with the deals, girls (for once!)
Rip some texture out of me, [into me] small world
Rip into me if you more [caps] and one last
Question that’s all I need
Go buy a fresh stem and issue, open end
A moon boot tire survived earthling
(Heave!) Cracks in the headphones and the scalp
[Cants and should not who just wasted ink]
(Left it, left it) Colours within, colours within
[I’ll see said the plum and] curtsy bow
He bowed on his birthday
Moon against his own questions anyone skeleton
(Skeleton key!) key period open

And this isn't the norm. Deep Puddle Dynamics has some great wordplay, great things to say, very clear cut. So when doseone comes out with verses like this:

Every line’s not perfect punk
Loaded the gram wrong
Don’t make a difference still hurts
Being out of minds to stand up and
Run sour, be small today
Screams a scarecrow with self-righteous
Taking so seriously
Even the big stick it rusts shut
Water burns off the good catcher as it burns

It throws off the rhythm a tad. But I'm still gonna listen and try to figure this shit out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.