[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scaruffi on "Medulla"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Medulla.jpg (70KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Medulla.jpg
70KB, 300x300px
>it is an insult to all the experimental musicians in the world to claim that there is even a bit of experimentation in this album

What did he mean by this?
>>
No one knows who and/or what "Scaruffi" is. Sorry!
>>
File: 1442707950054.gif (621KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1442707950054.gif
621KB, 480x270px
>>
>>72397500
Had a powerful wank over this album cover a couple of times back in the day.
>>
>>72397500
Yes, we get it, Scaruffi doesn't like stuff.
Go fucking figure.
>>
He gave the album a 6.5/10 yet spent 95% of the review talking about how it's not actually experimental (which it objectively is, whether he likes it or not) instead of reviewing the music. How pathetic. Who even said Bjork wanted to make a highly avant-garde album a la Meredith Monk? Maybe she just wanted to have fun trying out new stuff.

Clearly he has a problem with pop musicians being experimental (Radiohead, Beatles, etc.).
>>
>>72397576
>[Post a Reply]
>10/04/16 New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
>06/20/16 New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
>05/08/16 Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!
>[Hide] [Show All]
>>
>>72397637
What's your point?
>>
>>72397610
He claims that this album was a "sell out", which makes no sense considering very little of the music on this album has no commercial appeal. It's a common example of Scaruffi talking out of his ass and being purposely contradicting and being a dickhead to get attention.

You should read his reviews of Bjork albums pre Oscars and Vespertine, where he claimed her to be one of the best Avant singers of her generation, and rated her #9 on the "Greatest female rock singers of all times". Then Vespertine and after, he said that Bjork's music is trivial and obnoxious, and how he never liked her voice. It's transparent
>>
Scaruffi doesn't like female artists who refuse to whine about rape and patriarchy.
>>
>>72397725
Why would we care? He was never important. I mean, why would anyone ever read the guy?
>>
>>72397760
>The Knife, Shaking The Habitual (2013), 7.5/10
Try again
>>
>>72397725
>It's a common example of Scaruffi talking out of his ass and being purposely contradicting and being a dickhead to get attention.

His Bjork reviews are ridiculous. I think he once compared her career to Madonna's, but said Madonna represented the counterculture while Bjork represented mainstream values.
I wonder what society he lives in.
>>
Björk is the only artist i violently disagree with Scaruffi on
>>
>>72397825
You missed his point
>>
>>72397772
Of course he's not important, but he presents himself like he's the greatest music reviewer of all time. It's bullshit, but I want to see what he has to say, since there is always comedic value or obvious faults in what he says.
>>
>>72397825
That album does whine about rape and patriarchy, not to mention it has a 20 minute drone passage, so of course it's deep to Scaruffi.
>>
>>72397869
Why? It's like following Chris-chan, it's futile. You're smarter than the mongoloid, well done.
>>
>>72397829
It's purely because she became popular, hence he used her as a vehicle for his other shoehorned rants like the Beatles, Madonna, "white artist who took exploited black music and dumbed it down", etc...
>>
>>72397895
Not rape, but there are pro feminist and anti patriarchy themes and lyrics within the music. I still consider it a modern classic, and is one of my favourite albums.
>>
>>72397829
That's not bad. I mean, Bjork is the arty Madonna, there's no question about that, and Madonna is foolishly regarded as subversive by people who were the right age to get taken in, so he's putting two true things together to get an outrageous statement, it could be sillier.
>>
>>72397966
Bjork never represented mainstream values
>>
>>72397966
Honestly don't see much of a comparison.
I would say Bowie is the arty Madonna, but of course it's considered a sin to compare females with males.
>>
>>72398118
Pre 1983 he was the "arty Madonna". He sold out and appealed to mainstream appeal on Let's Dance and beyond
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.