[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hate this guy and his fans to an irrational level?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
Anyone else hate this guy and his fans to an irrational level?
>>
I love him
>>
I don't get either the massive fandom or hatedom that this guy gets.
To me he's just sorta there.
>>
Nah. Usually articulates his opinions and reasons for liking/disliking something pretty clearly, and he's turned me on to a few cool bands
>>
i really wish i could filter his fucking face
>>
>>72393778
He's totally uninteresting and unremarkable.
>>
Why do you hate him?
>>
>>72393736
I don't hate him, I hate what he's become.

He made a video a while ago about how he wasn't sure if he wanted to review ITAOTS because he felt the meme status of that album had outweighed the music and he didn't want to add fuel to that fire. Now he does fucking meme reviews.
>>
File: 1491737363856.png (328KB, 462x515px) Image search: [Google]
1491737363856.png
328KB, 462x515px
>>72393782
>he's turned me on to a few cool bands
Fantano has never once, ONCE, covered anything that wasn't basic RYM/lastfm/pop-culture core. GTFO fucking newfag.

>reasons for liking/disliking something pretty clearly
>trap influenced beats
>>
>>72393736
no. his voice and delivery is good background noise but i don't listen to much of what he reviews
>>
>>72393736
Yes, not me though.
>>
>>72393787
He looks like fucking Pitbull the rapper
>>
this board is fascinated by him but aside from "melon" doesn't have the most interesting memes about him

get your shit together /mu/
>>
I feel like all he does is say in a pretty basic way how the music sounds and then says if he likes it or not. He's not really a good critic and has a personality I personally dont like
>>
>Cover basic music
>Obviously no knowledge in music theory
>Just pretend you know what you're talking about in a monotone, calm, and analytical voice to give newfag retards the impression that you're knowledgeable
>Elsewise, just spam memes to keep your boring and bad review interesting to your 13 year old viewers
>Fantanos career in a nutshell
>>
I'm subscribed to him but I can only watch the first 5 seconds of his videos where he turns his name into a meme name because it gets way too boring listening to him
>>
>>72393811

Shit post detected! Ring ring! Shit post detected!
>>
File: personality deficit disorder.png (41KB, 332x334px) Image search: [Google]
personality deficit disorder.png
41KB, 332x334px
>>72393736
He's ok. Not all of his fans suck, but a large portion do and are just trendy people that want to be in on the latest cool music. you can spot them when they kick musicians/entire genres to the curb after mere months of just discovering them and acting like it was amazing when they happen to get panned, only to hop back on board again eerily around the same time AF seems to hand out a good review and boost their popularity stock. Also there are people like you OP, who will burn in a special kind of hell for making multiple, formulaic threads about him. At least the kpop critters can keep their shit in one thread. they're much more mature than you are.
>>
>>72393953
It's okay, we were all new at one point.
>>
>>72393932
this
>>
>>72393811

Name your 3 favorite bands

Defend your taste
>>
>>72393736
he's such a retard when it comes to music. he knows what's good and what's bad but he can't explain why so he fills the first 5 minute mark of every review talking about muh "sonic evolution" and other pseudo intellectual words that are synonyms to the word "sound"

he seems like a fine person but his fans can fuck off mu for all i care
>>
>>72393955
How do you have such a tab on people's listening patterns? Are you assuming vague groups of people are all the same over time?
>>
>>72394012
Death Grips
Swans
Kendrick Lamar

Because STRONG 10 that's why.
>>
Only time I don't like him is when he's reviewing rap. He's fucking obsessed with it so I have no idea what he's on about half the time. Did you like it or not Fantano? Jesus.
>>
>>72393736
His fans are idiots but I have nothing against him. His reviews are okay but people take his opinions like gospel for some reason. Nothing makes his opinions special.
>>
>>72393736
nigger
>>
>>72394029
do you go to uni?
>>
>>72393736
You're his biggest fan op.
>>
>>72394012
These posts are so retarded and pointless. No matter what somebody responds in these situations, they will always be shot down by the guy asking to justify his own stance. "Defend your taste"? Fuck off.
>>
better than you fags on here
>>
90% of his fan are autistic underage memers. The real theneedledrop died many years ago.
>>
File: 620.gif (1MB, 332x311px) Image search: [Google]
620.gif
1MB, 332x311px
>>72393736
hating the
>MELON HEAD
why are you posting on /mu/
>>
>>72394338
I wish I was a mod so I could ban you right now
>>
>>72394259
OH yeah. What kind of posts do you think are better then? Defend your taste.
>>
File: ag.png (288KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
ag.png
288KB, 480x480px
>>72394356
my butte tastes like your mouth
>>
>>72394303
damning with faint praise
>>
File: IMG_2525.jpg (74KB, 1024x962px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2525.jpg
74KB, 1024x962px
>>72394353
I wish I was a mod too
>>
>>72394029
I don't have people pinned down at all. the only group I feel safe generalizing about are those that are really trendy and self-conscious with a strong desire to fit in. Many of those people seem to parrot, more so than anyone else, popular opinions, hyperbole and buzzwords surrounding musicians at the time, and their opinion also seems to fluctuate almost perfectly in line with popular critics like fantano. I can't actually know what's going on in their heads, but I swear some of these people will actually pretend to like or dislike something based on shit like popularity . I've actually heard someone cite record sales figures when making a case for Kendrick Lamar being the best rapper ever (i think he's good btw), and having a difficult time telling me what his favorite verses or parts of the album were, which was just bizarre.
>>
>>72393795
Just like every other youtube celebrity
>>
Heyy /mu/friendsss!!!
have you given my video a view did u love it did u hate it what would u rate it youre the best youre the best what should i review next hit that like if you like which you should, LIKE THIS SHIT
Also check out my second channel where I revjew the MEMES!!!!!!
aHEHaHA I know for sure all of you will LOVE my latest revieew!!!
Stay aWESome ;))))))
And dknt forge t to subscribe!
>>
>>72394218
not anymore
>>
>>72395444
autism
please kill yourself, you obviously are not fantano and stop ruining his reputation
Reported and saged your post
>>
>>72393778
he's obnoxious and has a massive ego
>>
I went to see Anthony when he came out to Australia to do a few talks. Me and a couple of friends stayed around after his lecture and got talking to him, he seemed like a cool guy at first and we asked him if he wanted to join us for a few drinks at a nearby pub, to which he agreed. When we got there, he ordered 4 beers, we all figured he was getting the first round but he proceeded to drink all four himself right there at the table and by the fourth (around 45 minutes in) he was visibly intoxicated and the security guard kept looking over and gesturing to the bar staff because Anthony seemed to be in a nearly comatose state and was drooling slightly. Soon after he took out his phone and started taking photos of these people minding their own business next to us, subtly at first, but then when they realised and started to look in the other direction, he got up and walked over to the other side of their table and started taking photos (flash on) directly in front of their faces. The couple were clearly uncomfortable with this, and me and my friends decided to get out of there and leave him to himself. The next morning, on my way to work I saw Anthony sitting on a park bench not far from that bar and his shirt was inside out.
>>
nope, I am tired of this wave of anti-intellectualism and I think he's fighting the good fight. not all opinions weight the same. most popular music reviewers are atrocious communicators. /mu/ is essentially illiterate and proud. some even think they're unironically woke. fantano doesn't even feign pretence, he's not even a pseud, he's just an above average reviewer and I don't mind him. you kids should listen to him. or actually articulate why you disagree with his reviews. disregards the grades, focus on the textual content.
>>
>>72395789
>>72395827
Shitposting thread?
>>
>>72394338
newfag here, I need source
>>
>>72395910
not me. I'm genuinely sick of illiterate music fans who can't articulate why they like or dislike something, but are self indulgent enough to believe all opinions weigh the same
>>
>>72395938
source my dick in ur butt faggott
>>
>>72393736
perhaps you should focus all that energy into something more productive anon
>>
>>72393805
On a separate channel that isnt related at all to music and only caters to his teenage audience.

Good argument.
>>
>>72396251
Just because it caters to a younger audience doesnt mean it's bad... me and my friends always enjoy his alternativs videos
>>
>>72393929
Probably does know music theory. Didn't he play bass in some shitty jazz fusion hardcore band or something?
>>
>>72393736
no, you're probably projecting a form of self hate. It's impossible to dislike a genuine, friendly guy like fantano. I would advise you to see a therapist.
>>
>>72395674
kek
>>
>>72396069
>>/pol/?
>>
>>72393929
>>Obviously no knowledge in music theory
If you think music theory deserves a spot in a music review, you either have not studied music theory or you are literally too dumb to read and have no place studying anything
>>
>>72396607
fuck off newfag you cNt even greentext
Also use the greater than symbol not the bitshift operator.
Sincerely,
Oldfag
>>
Yeah man I fucking hate it when music man has opinions on music that don't match up with my own. Like that one time he said an album was bad, but I actually liked it so fuck him

Why can't he just copy paste all of his opinions from /mu/. That's what we all want right
>>
>>72396720
All I did was forget the third arrow
If you really wanna call me a newfag you should ask why I didn't delete and try again
>>
>>72396734
>music man
It's ANTHONY FANTANO
not music man
ANTHONY FANTANO!!!!!
HE doesnt EVEN make musiCC!!
>>
>>72396607
/pol/ is home to many of us so please don't take its name in vain
>>
Who ?
>>
>>72396782
Ok, why didnt you delete and try again?
Can I call you a newfag now?
>>
>>72396818
confirmed for underage and possibly clinically retarded
>>
>>72393795
Is he supposed to be? He's reviewing music
>I'm just a regular guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvNjCNBVs9k
>>
>>72396818
Yes
I can't figure out how
>>
>>72396861
No u fag
I have a PHd in PURE MATHS
>>
>>72396904
ok? Show me your thesis on triple integrals then?
>>
>>72396938
>phd in pure maths
>triple integrals

both confirmed for underaged
>>
Pretentious twit with an extremely punchable face who reviews popular albums solely so they will populate the YouTube search results whenever people search for the album
>>
>>72396983
suck my dick
>>
>>72397021
>>72396983
>>72396938
>>72396904
you faggots tell me how to delet post or i go to r/music and tell them /mu/ is having free album giveaway
>>
>>72397064
*deep sigh*
Ok newfag, I'll only tell you once:
Step 1) grab your phone
Step 2) call your mom
Step 3) scream DDDEEELLLEEETTT TTTHHHIIISSS!!! into the frickin fone
Step 4) suck my dick
Step 5) le profitZZ!!!
see? That wasn't so hard!
>>
>>72396878
your welcome, always here to help
>>
>>72393736
dude where do you think you are? this is pretty much the place to hate things to an irrational extent
>>
>>72393953
>>72394012
>ignoring the fact that Fantano strictly reviews based on potential for clicks
>>
>>72397156
you literally sound like a little kid that I'd hear when playing modern warefare 2 in middle school.
>>
>>72397406
put you didnt
>>
>>72397799
hey dubs now you have to help me senpai
wtf i said senpai not senpai
>>
>>72397574
i kinda doubt it, if that was the case he'd review every single pop album and give them positive ratings as to not piss anyone off.
Like artv
>>
>>72393811
I found Botanist through him. Don't know where else that would have happened.
>>
Can this board just die
>>
File: a0144143476_5.jpg (110KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a0144143476_5.jpg
110KB, 700x700px
>>72398017
>>
>>72394394
i used to be
>>
>>72398128
BEST ALBUM COVER
>>
His face really pisses me off but I think he's a reasonable guy
>>
>>72393778
>he's just sorta there
>it's not good or bad, it just "is"

ah, the classic fence-sitter-thinks-they're-clever logic
>>
>>72399536
>le with us or you're against us meme

ah, the classic /pol/-tier/antifa argument we have here
>>
I don't hate him at all, but there's one fuckimg fan of his that I see every time I scroll down to the comments. He worships Death Grips and regularly calls them the greatest band ever, and has this really shitty attitude whenever someone dislikes them. He also has this fucking ugly profile picture of some terribly drawn cartoon character with blacked out eyes. He can't be over 14.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.