[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have one reason to explain why Selection of a Place isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: av-geo.jpg (216KB, 750x743px) Image search: [Google]
av-geo.jpg
216KB, 750x743px
You have one reason to explain why Selection of a Place isn't your favorite song off of Meeting of the Waters.
>>
Because Blue Noses is also a song on the album, but they are all great. Really proud of them.
>>
>>72392911
because its the best

OH DAMN
>>
>>72393911
I really don't get the immense love for Blue Noses. Man of Oil and Selection of a Place are infinitely better in every way in my opinion. Is it the ambience everyone is in love with? It's not bad, don't get me wrong. Just in terms of the folky writing, Man of Oil or Selection of a Place definitely have it beat.
>>
I'm waiting to get a good DL
>>
>>72393967
lol wut?

http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/dGzdWKpA/file.html

straight from the download card.
>>
>>72393992
Oh shit thank you
>>
>>72393950
I really like Avey's vocal delivery on Blue over Selection. Blue also has that ambiance most similar to Campfire Songs that hooked me on Animal Collective in the first place.
>>
>>72394035
I guess I see what you mean about the ambience, but that's really just the rustling of the leaves if anything. Selection of a Place has similar ambience as well, much more akin to Moo Rah Rah Rain. I just really enjoy the melody of Selection of a Place and the lyrics much more so. And it's much more reminiscent to me of Campfire Songs where as the chord being played in Blue Noses reminds me of something from Feels, mainly Did You See The Words.

But those lyrics in Selection of a Place and the melody over this part:

"If all the people that you ever bumped into along the way have left a mark inside a case for tomorrow, today it might sting. And if somebody special ever ran away with what they gave you, wasn't it a gift to touch for a second? I'm right beside you. Not thinking about, all the dirty things we do. Suddenly I wake up. Not thinking about all the work that must be done. Suddenly I wake up. Not thinking about little letters on my phone, suddenly I wake up"

Too much, but god damn that part is sooooooo good.
>>
>>72394110
Definitely going to have to check out Selection again.
>>
>>72394167
It didn't seem like anything special to me at first but honestly, it's this records De Soto De Son. It's perfect.
>>
i cannot stop fucking listening to this release...i think i am going to have to switch to TTG and compare or something to break this endless loop of MOTW.
>>
>>72394315
Blue Noses
>Queen in my Pictures, Did You See The Words
Man of Oil
>Foetus No Man, Sasong
Amazonawana/Anaconda Opportunity
>Jungle Heat, Satin Orb Wash, Urban Creme
Selection of a Place
>Moo Rah Rah Rain, De Soto De Son, Darkness from TTG

anyone else get these vibes?
>>
>>72394410
Maybe that's why I love Blue Noses so much. Queen in my pictures is one of my favorite songs of all time.
>>
>>72394410
what Did You See The Words vibes do you get on Blue Noses?
>>
>>72394709
The strumming of the chord is very similar to the opening of Did You See The Words, just immediately reminds me of it because I'm pretty sure it's the same exact chord, strummed very similarly. Just doesn't have the delay and reverb of Feels.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.