[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somebody pls recommend more artists like TV on the Radio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: c700x420.jpg (79KB, 700x420px)
c700x420.jpg
79KB, 700x420px
Somebody pls recommend more artists like TV on the Radio
>>
Seriously. I know they're entry-level indie but I need more artists like TVotR.

Are there any more artists that blend together traditional African music, like stuff with polyrhythms and rock music? It's something that I think is really unexplored in popular music.
>>
I think Menomena - 'Friend and Foe' sounds like TVoTR, I can't think about nothing else right now. I actually love all of TVoTR, even their weaker stuff is really good.
>>
>>72391299
I hate when someone is using this 'entry-level' bullshit. It's fucking annoying. Love TVoTR anyway and they deserve better fans than you.
>>
Maybe last record of Young Fathers?
>>
>>72392315
I just didn't want /mu/ to hate me. I fucking love TVotR. ;_;

It sucks that no one ever really talks about them anymore. I remember they were pretty big around Return to Cookie Mountain and Dear Science.
>>
Thanks for reminding me how much i love Return To Cookie Mountain. It's one of my all-time favorites.
>>
>>72392482
Well /mu/ hates everybody so I wouldn't mind if I were you. They will probably call you a pleb for liking TVoTR just because they aren't obscure so you must be pretty excited right now, right?
>>
>>72392554
>They will probably call you a pleb for liking TVoTR just because they aren't obscure so you must be pretty excited right now, right?
Y-y-yes.
>>
>>72392387
I came here to say this and you said it. I love Young Fathers but holy shit that album is mastered poorly.
>>
It's a fucking shame Gerard Smith died. He was a legitimately great bassist that did a lot for the band's sound. His bass on RtCM, Dear Science, and NToL are some of the highlights of those albums. None of them would be as strong if it weren't for him.

I suspect that's the reason why Seeds wasn't as good as the rest of their albums.
>>
Honestly out of all the NPR-core Pitchfork indie Williamsburg hipster music from the 00s that nobody talks about anymore, Return to Cookie Mountain is seriously one of the few records that still holds up. It's a shame their impact never lasted.
>>
>everybody talking about return to cookie mountain
>neglecting dear science, their magnum opus
>>
>>72392985
Dear Science is great but it's a little bit more homogeneous than Cookie Mountain.
>>
The Veldt and A.R. Kane.
Amazing, massively underrated bands.
>>
>>72392985
>>72393006
Return to Cookie Mountain is like a pleb filter. If they prefer Dear Science to it, then they are a fucking pleb, although Dear Science was amazing too, if more accessible.
>>
Did u guys like Seeds?
>>
>>72393135
I hardly remember it, except for the title track, which is pretty good. I should give it a re-listen but I remember thinking it was just 'okay'.

>tfw you're the only one you've ever known who absolutely loves this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fpn1_94YHM
>>
>>72393135
Their worst record but still better than almost every record by "indie" bands that are popular nowadays.
>>
>>72393346
Ya this band is underrated
>>
>>72392387
>>72393041
Thanks for the recs, d00ds.
>>
>>72393041
+1
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.