[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: God-tier album titles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 15

File: 1488563222367.jpg (289KB, 1494x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1488563222367.jpg
289KB, 1494x1500px
ITT: God-tier album titles
>>
File: BeatlesForSale_1.jpg (342KB, 1482x1482px) Image search: [Google]
BeatlesForSale_1.jpg
342KB, 1482x1482px
Beatles for sale
>>
File: PWLIALIL.png (857KB, 888x888px) Image search: [Google]
PWLIALIL.png
857KB, 888x888px
>>
Passionoia
Philophobia
>>
File: dialmformotherfucker.jpg (140KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
dialmformotherfucker.jpg
140KB, 600x594px
>>72388202
>>
>>72388230
lmao should i listen this
>>
File: DarknessontheEdgeofTown-400x400.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DarknessontheEdgeofTown-400x400.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>
>>72388221
What's it supposed to mean?
>>
wasted on a forgettable album imo, one of my favorite album titles
>>
The Who Sell Out
Thick as a Brick
Ghosts of the Great Highway
The Second Album
Bad Music for Bad People

Idk i always liked these titles
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 493x496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 493x496px
most of their discography really
>>
>>72388371
no
that guy has been spamming this album for no reason in completely unrelated threads since 2015
don't buy into the meme
>>
>>72388371
Yes.

The more I listen to it, the more I love that album. Not even the guy who posted it.
>>
File: blondeonblonde.jpg (47KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
blondeonblonde.jpg
47KB, 500x499px
I love Blonde on Blonde because there's no clear answer for what it means, yet on first glance it seems like a completely normal, sensible phrase. Like some archaic idiom that you're supposed to understand innately. But the longer you actually think about it, the more nonsensical it seems. Some good theories I've heard/read are:

-A reference to the phrase "blue on blue", which is a way of describing incidents of friendly fire on the battlefield. It could also be a reference to the Bobby Vinton album "Blue on Blue", which had come out in 1963, just 2 years before Blonde on Blonde, so Dylan would have been aware of it, as would many listeners at the time.

-It's possible it is a reference to "Brecht on Brecht", a sort of montage-stage production written about the life of Bertolt Brecht, a playwright and poet that Dylan was known to respect. Relevant quote:
>Even more important, though, is Bertolt Brecht, whom Mr. Dylan writes had an enormous impact on his development as an artist. As if describing a conversion on the road to Damascus, Mr. Dylan recalls in great detail “Brecht on Brecht,” a musical revue he saw in the Village the same year as the Genet play.

-Blonde as a reference to the term for Virginia tobacco, which is lighter in color than "black" tobacco, because it is cured in a different way. So in this sense, Blonde on Blonde could be either a reference to a blonde woman smoking tobacco, or maybe a reference to the act of chain-smoking (think of it like blonde after blonde after blonde)

-Perhaps it was just a reference to 2 blonde girls getting it on? It's possible. Keep in mind that the word blonde, with an e, refers to a blonde woman, while blond refers to a man.

I think it most likely has to do with Brecht but that would still leave the significance of "blonde" unclear, as the most obvious answer would be that it's a reference to the artist himself but Dylan himself has never to my knowledge had blond hair.
>>
>>72388406
you must be underage
>>
File: 2a09604e.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2a09604e.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
They took a bold stand on this one. But I agree, fully automatic firearms should be legal in the US
>>
We're in it for the Money
>>
>>72388930
this is going to sound like a shitpost but why doesn't anyone just ask Dylan?
>>
All Eno albums have GOAT titles;
The Taking of Tiger Mountain,
Another Green World,
Here Comes The Warm Jets
Before and After Science

Also,
My life in the bush of ghosts,
More songs about buildings and houses
>>
>>72388202
you don't even know what that means you self-indulgent weeaboo. look up kegare and maybe you'll understand.
>>
File: chilton.jpg (69KB, 457x700px) Image search: [Google]
chilton.jpg
69KB, 457x700px
>call album #1 Record
>never reaches #1
>>
>>72390249
This is his response:

>"Well, I don't even recall exactly how it came up, but I know it was all in good faith... I don't know who thought of that. I certainly didn't."

So, knowing Dylan, basically he either doesnt remember or, more likely imo, just doesn't want to explicitly explain what it means
>>
File: alex-chilton.jpg (54KB, 608x400px) Image search: [Google]
alex-chilton.jpg
54KB, 608x400px
>>72390372
>call next album Radio City
>none of the songs are played on the radio
>>
File: Boc060613.jpg (137KB, 685x686px) Image search: [Google]
Boc060613.jpg
137KB, 685x686px
Music Has The Right To Children

I still don't fully understand what it means exactly, but I love it.
>>
Fear of Music
>>
File: Butthole_Surfers_Hairway_Front.jpg (41KB, 298x296px) Image search: [Google]
Butthole_Surfers_Hairway_Front.jpg
41KB, 298x296px
>>
>>72390327
Not the OP but that was really interesting, thanks. Definitey gives new meaning to the title
>>
File: folder.jpg (126KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
126KB, 600x596px
Not sure why but I really like Mogwai Young Team as opposed to just Young Team

I don't even like the band or album that much but it's a really great album name
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.