[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

political ideology and musical taste

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

Does a person's political ideology play a role in their taste in music?

I appear to be the only leftist i know that doesn't like folk or indy rock
>>
>>72382489
90% of musicians that don't suck lean Left, and I'm Right as fuck, so no, not in the slightest
>>
i can tolerate lefties as long as they don't listen to rap
>>
>>72382489
who the fuck are GOOD some Right Wing musicians?

Toby Keith? Five Finger Death Punch? Rush? Ted Nugent? Neil Young? Kid Rock? Lynyrd Skynyrd?

Only good ones I could think of are Kate Bush, Iggy Pop, Styx, and the Beach Boys.
>>
>>72382532
kek. nice try throwing neil young in there like we wouldn't notice
>>
File: varg.jpg (32KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
32KB, 600x656px
>>72382532
>>
>>72382532
Iggy pop is a leftie and Beach Boys' members are a mix of political opinions, Brian being more left leaning than the rest of then (not so much).
I would say Led Zeppelin is the best right wing band.
>>
>>72382684
Led Zeppelin are utter shit. No wonder they're right wing.
>>
>>72382489
>Does a person's political ideology play a role in their taste in music?
To a varying extent, yes

>I appear to be the only leftist i know that doesn't like folk or indy rock
You don't know many people
>>
>>72382532
>Rush
>>
>>72382532
Johnny Rebel
>>
>>72382782
Johnny Hobo would fuck Johnny Rebel up
>>
>>72382532
Boyd Rice
>>
>>72382532
Death in june, burzum, drudkh, currenr 93

Generally black metal and neofolk are pretty right wing
>>
>>72382532
James Brown, Alice Cooper, Zappa, Clapton, Roxy Music (only for Ferry though), Iron Maiden (I don't know about the rest, but Bruce is), Joy Division (Curtis voted Thatcher, may have been a one-off, but that's a punk voting Thatcher, it's worth noting), the Misfits, Johnny Ramone
>>72382564
Neil Young did half-support Reagan tbf
>>
>>72383615
they're all old and don't release new relevant music of course they're conservative #owned

I don't think that it plays a very big part at all. Overtly political lyrics can turn you off of an artist though. I guess OP is implying that the mellower genres are leftist... hmm...
>>
File: pol.png (359KB, 1000x1050px) Image search: [Google]
pol.png
359KB, 1000x1050px
I don't really care if my political values influenciate me, I think I can still enjoy a lot of music through the political spectrum. Politic shouldn't be a major factor on enjoying music, IMHo, I think there are more music centered factors like composotion and progression that define more my enjoyment. Listening to LRD and Alice Cooper on the same week.
>>
>>72383669
>influenciate
>>
File: Christmas Tree (2).jpg (254KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas Tree (2).jpg
254KB, 1600x900px
I don't understand why you want to listen to certain music for political reasons. Can't you just enjoy music? And just because some bands or artists are left or right winged, doesn't mean they put that into their music.
>>
File: baked.jpg (11KB, 294x256px) Image search: [Google]
baked.jpg
11KB, 294x256px
>>72383696
>ESL
>>
>>72382489
When there was a music industry it was ran by a people who leaned left with an agenda to promote liberal ideology. Right leaning artists were dismissed unless they were truly exceptional.

But it's all over now. When did you last buy an album? Listening free on Spitify doesn't count. When did you last attend a live show? Viewing a live performance on YouTube doesn't count. When did you last buy merch? Rock n Roll tees from Wal-Mart or hot topic doesn't count. There is no music industry. It's all vanity now.
>>
>>72382703
>>
As long as overt political lyrics are not part of the music I don't really care that most artists are left-leaning. I respect artists that keep that shit separate from their music.
>>
>>72382532
>>72383615
what makes kate bush and bruce dickinson right-wing?
>>
>>72382532
Clapton, Frank Zappa, the Joy division guy and the Ramones are/were all right wing

I think Vannila Ice is too

Lou Reed, 80's Lennon, Freddy Mercury and David Bowie were closeted right wing
>>
>>72385649
>In an interview with Sarah Montague for BBC's HARDtalk, Dickinson agreed with Montague's description of himself as a conservative and a eurosceptic.
Bush said she likes Theresa May, but she doesn't seem like she necessarily plants her feet firmly in one political outlook
>>
>>72382489
I've always thought there's a correlation, but no causation
I'm literally ancap, and most of the artists I like are left
>>
>>72382532
Judas Priest, since rob halford is pretty well-known to be very right leaning
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.