[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Opinions that would get you fucking SLAUGHTERED on this board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 26

File: tremendously upset.png (216KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
tremendously upset.png
216KB, 500x372px
ITT: Opinions that would get you fucking SLAUGHTERED on this board
>>
Bryan Adams is alright.
>>
I occasionally listen to dadrock.
>>
>>72380613
Justin beiber really did get his act together for his last album, its nothing truly great but way way better than his past. I would never admit this opinion non anonymously
>>
ITAOTS is overrated.
>>
>>72380613
Music is ultimately subjective and it really doesn't matter what you listen to at the end.
>>
Death Grips is just okay.
Neutral Milk Hotel is just okay,
On Avery Island > ITAOTS
The King of Limbs sucks
I really like Blur
>>
>>72380613
NieR:Automata OST is the best album of 2017
>>
DIIV is one of the best bands currently. Both their albums are 9/10.
>>
The Scaruffi Beatles analysis hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>72380613
I unironically enjoy vocaloid
>>
i like bullet for my valentine along with various other metalcore/pop punk/post-hardcore bands
>>
>>72380613
Geologist > Panda Bear > Deakin > Avey
>>
>>72380714
>>72380759
everything here is fine except for these two
>>
>>72380613
I like hip hop, but never got into meme hop (kanye, death grips, kendrick)
>>
American Idiot > Dookie

ITAOTS is just good

All "music critics" are worthless.

People who post a review snippet for an album from these critics should try and use their own heads to describe their own opinion.

Reading reviews for music with a score attached to it is not good for you.

People who care too much about genres "REAL PUNK, REAL INDUSTRIAL" are obnoxious.

I feel as if anons here feel the need not to enjoy certain albums to keep themselves seem better with their music taste. It isn't best way to treat music.
>>
Death Grips are the most innovative and influential band of this decade
>>
File: IMG_4105.png (116KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4105.png
116KB, 1136x640px
:^)
>>
Hail to the Thief is my favorite Radiohead album and OK Computer is boring
>>
>>72380823
>People who care too much about genres "REAL PUNK, REAL INDUSTRIAL" are obnoxious.

devil's advocate, a lot of genres are/were integral to subcultures where they mean more than just a style of music
>>
I don't like U2.
>>
>>72380718
>>72380714
>>72380759
True

>>72380848
>>72380648
>>72380823
Legitimate respectable opinions
>>
Nine Inch Nails is unironically one of the best bands of all time
>>
>>72380918
But anon that's correct
>>
File: 1490254520352.png (700KB, 752x628px) Image search: [Google]
1490254520352.png
700KB, 752x628px
>>72381060
I know
>>
>>72380714
Jesus Christ, 10/10 bait made me reply
>>
>>72380878
>I don't like U2.

Nobody does. I'm 99% sure the people who are posting those threads are doing it ironically just to be contrarian. U2 is arguably one of the shittiest bands around and has completely irrelevant for 25 years.
>>
>>72380613
I still listen to and love Blink-182
(not their new album; that's garbage. However Neighborhoods is p good)
>>
I like /mu/core
>>
Age of Adz is Sufjan's best album and its not even close.

Everlong is the best song of the 90's across all music

Best rap album of the 90s is E 1999 Eternal by Bone Thugs N Harmony

U2 is a great band and Edge is world class

MPP would be better without Also Frightened
>>
Siamese Dream is a garbage album and Corgan is one of the worst singers/lyricists in the history of rock music.
>>
>>72380772
i sorta agree. i know the tide has shifted to the "fuck panda bear he's ruining anco" side but hes still my favorite member.

also sleep cycle was okay but it's super overrated. certainly didn't warrant taking 7 years to make.
>>
>>72381106
Nah. I rate their 80s and most of the 90s stuff alright. The Joshua Tree, War, and Achtung Baby in particular.
>>
File: 1490233928909.png (291KB, 862x696px) Image search: [Google]
1490233928909.png
291KB, 862x696px
>>72381073
>>
>>72381137
>Edge is world class

don't hate U2 but how can you possibly think this

he's solid, but his playing is simple and heavily relies on effects
>>
I genuinely enjoy listening to music.
>>
>>72380613
/mu/ as a whole is not really that pretentious. there's usually always someone who shares your opinion. this board is flooded with disgusting poptimists and waifu fags. plus we all have our guilty pleasures.
>>
>>72381244
/mu/ is the best board. I love you all. You're the chillest dudes out there.
>>
>>72380613
I love Tool
>>
>>72381275
Love you too :3
>>
Don't tell /classical/ but I love Chopin's music and think that the German masters are pretty great
>>
Tame Impala is one of the best bands of the 2010s
>>
Closer is worse than Unknown Pleasures
>>
>>72380613
I unironically enjoy Drake's music
I think Merriweather Post Pavilion is AnCo's best album
The Antlers and Burial are trash
>>
Blink-182's self-titled album is the best pop punk album ever made.
>>
>>72381594
what a shit opinion. its barely poop punk.
>>
>>72380613
I have never listened to Grimes

I have never listened to Swans.
>>
>>72381657
Don't
>>
Rock sucks
Hip hop is better without vocals
Groovy music > feels = angry = angst
Discogs >>>>>> Fantano = Scaruffi = rest
>>
>>72381672

>Groovy music > feels = angry = angst

After many many years i am starting to feel this way
>>
>>72381731
Its in the heart
>>
Geldi Primes and Halfaxa are best Grimes albums
Art Angels and Visions are garbage

The Seer is the best Swans album and is still mediocre at best

Closer is better than Unkown Pleasures, and Still is also better than unkown pleasures

Rubber Soul is best Beatles album

latest Lana Del Rey album sucked

Shoegaze is pretty overrated and boring

David Bowie is massively overrated

Death Grips is just grime with industrial beats, and as such, is mostly an incoherent jumbled mess, except for TMS which is just pop grime with interesting beats and better vocals than Danny Brown
also grime in general is cancer

Electric Wizard is pretty much the best Doom metal has to offer
Sunn O))) is not that great and gets boring fast

Gorillaz only had a few good songs and everything else was always kinda bad

Bones hasn't released anything wortwhile since Powder, and will never release anything that will surpass Rotten
$uicideboy$ mostly suck, but INFTRGMH albums are great, as well as their older stuff

Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar etc are all pretty bad

Animal collective doesn't have a best album, it's a three-way draw between Merriweather post pavilion, strawberry jam and feels, though feels is probably the weaker of the 3

Vaporwave is unironically good, especially blank banshee, but artists like saint pepsi and macross 82-99 sound like a whole different genre compared to that

Wavves are pretty good, can't say the same about mac demarco tho

Kid A is the best Radiohead album and In Rainbows is pretty boring

Dear God, I Hate Myself is the best Xiu Xiu album

black people can't into rap these days, back then yeah but now they are all pop or some other shit, best rappers right now are all white, as well as producers and such

dadrock is the worst thing ever, not because "muh dad listens to it and im contrarian", it's because it's very boring, it can be well done and being good with a guitar is something that deserves respect but music isn't about being good at making music. It's Art
>>
Ween are fucking terrible, their debut is ok.
>>
>>72381907
>David Bowie is massively overrated
I can get behind this

He was a good songwriter and character but his music wasn't exceptional imo
>>
>>72381166
Yeah. solid discography up to Pop.
>>
>>72381933
Space Oddity is pretty good though, but the rest is just meh
>>
I didn't cry about Bowie until I read Reznor's obituary.
>>
I honestly think that Yung Lean is for the most part good, enjoyable music.
>>
>>72380667
DAE HATE LE BIEBER FAG XDDDD???
>>
File: k8WRZm5.png (36KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
k8WRZm5.png
36KB, 1600x1600px
In The Fade is one of the worst songs off this, and Monsters in the Parasol is the best.
>>
>>72380839
>their only truly good album you rated lowest

uberpleb
>>
Remain in Light is annoying and grossly overrated. Not as bad as Discipline, though
>>
The Ramones, while being really influential are one of the most obnoxious and disgusting bands of all time.

Post-punk stopped being interesting after 1981

The Blue Album was always better than Pinkerton.

Hip-hop as a whole has only recently become "good" and finally can be accepted as being as artful as rock music. But it wont last too long, i give it another decade until the next big thing comes by.
>>
>>72380823
One up my nigga I support you
>>
>>72383602
Yeah, we're not gonna be friends.
>>
>>72380759
>>72380714
NO

>>72380828
Sources for influential part pls
>>
>>72380689
hell yeah Blur is the shit
>>
>>72381226
Wtf
>>
>>72381907
Recommend me something similar to $uicideboy$ and Bones please.
>>
>>72380689
>The King of Limbs sucks
I thought most people felt this way. Or at least thought it was mediocre.
>>
The Sex Pistols are honestly the worst pieces of shit I've listened to in a long fucking time, and are literally a gimmick. The fact that so many people jizz over them is borderline pathetic.

The Buzzcocks were better.
>>
Animal Collective is a genuinely interesting band. Their best era is the early folk one. Campfire Songs and Prospect Hummer are their best efforts. Sung Tongs is good too. MPP > SJ > Feels. Spirit is completely listenable and is good but it's missing something that most of their other recordings have (something something vocals and Geo) therefore it is far from their best.
>>
>>72380689
TKOL takes the longest to get into but is probably their 3rd best.
>>
File: dsadsadasd.jpg (542KB, 886x1608px) Image search: [Google]
dsadsadasd.jpg
542KB, 886x1608px
>>72383755
I'm sorry if this offends anybody.
>>
>>72383794
don't be sorry dude. the whole point of being anonymous is being able to tell people to go fuck themselves.
>>
AMSP is Radiohead's best album (in addition, TKOL > The Bends)
The College Dropout > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
The Glowing Man > The Seer > To Be Kind
Pretty Hate Machine > The Downward Spiral
Justice's three albums are all 9/10
Queen have two 10/10 albums (News of the World and Innuendo)
To Pimp a Butterfly is a 7/10
>>
>>72381907
>Art Angels and Visions are garbage
Now that's a rubbish opinion. Her best albums are crap? In your dreams, honey.

>>72381657
>I have never listened to Grimes
It's never too late to start listening to her music. Try Visions; you may be surprised of good it is.
>>
Some of the tracks Aphex Twin dropped on Soundcloud as user48736353001 are his best works.
>>
Loveless is really not that good
>>
>>72381907
>Electric Wizard is pretty much the best Doom metal has to offer
conan's great too
and thre's a lot of great traditionnal/epic doom
>>
>>72383894
Isn't it weird that a guy literally came on a copy of it?
>>
kendrick is just a more socially conscious eminem and the gimmickiness gets really blatant when he has those pitch altered vocals or even changes his delivery slightly. Its all radio rap with good but dumbed down production so that pseuds can listen to radio rap but act like its next level shit.
>>
>>72383911
I guess...

Was it you?
>>
>>72383944
>kendrick is just a more socially conscious eminem
this doesn't even make sense
>>
>>72383951
listen to them back to back
>>
>>72383944
Prove it.
>>
>>72383964
which song does kendrick rap about murdering his wife or putting a gerbil in his ass

eminem was shock rap. if you're talking just in terms of delivery then I guess??? even then not really. but it's good delivery so who cares?
>>
this soundcloud rap shit makes some fun music

hopsin is a good artist that makes shit music
>>
>>72383755
>>72383794
I love Animal Collective but I do disagree with most of your opinions. But that is okay, because everyone is entitled to their own, unique opinion.
>>
>>72383979
I actually thought this one hopsin song was kinda funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNNBc557OQ
>>
File: salad days.jpg (65KB, 608x608px) Image search: [Google]
salad days.jpg
65KB, 608x608px
there's not a single bad song by Mac Demarco.
>>
>>72383945
No, i was in the thread though
>>
a lot of bob dylan's music is annoying to listen to
>>
>>72383829
>Pretty Hate Machine > The Downward Spiral

I respect your opinion, but I don't understand it, I see TDS as a pinnacle of NIN and PHM being the nice but not the best start for Trent.
>>
>>72383986
<3
>>
>>72384011
This. The guy is pleasantly solid.
>>
>>72383974
the shock now is being le socially conscious black man that criticizes black on black violence and upholding stereotypes in blacker the berry or drinking in swimming pools. Odd future proved that shock value isnt really shocking in hip hop anymore
>>
>>72384083
>Odd future proved that shock value isnt really shocking in hip hop anymore
tyler the creator is still banned from performing in australia and the UK
>>
>>72384093
im sure the people responsible for banning him are really in touch with the current state of hip hop
>>
>>72384126
as in touch as the people saying "eminem is making the kids violent" were
>>
>>72383829

Fragile > The Downward Spiral
>>
most of the beach boy's discog is mediocre as fuck
>>
Swans are absolute shit
>>
File: 1492469381059.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1492469381059.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>72383829
>Pretty Hate Machine > The Downward Spiral
my nigga
>>
>>72384038
I would agree that TDS is the peak of NIN's style, but while it's a great album, the five-track stretch right in the middle ("The Becoming" up to "Eraser") isn't as engaging as the material before and after it, and considering that stretch lasts a good 21 minutes, it harms the overall experience a bit. Meanwhile, PHM starts off great and maintains that same level of quality throughout, with only "The Only Time" and "Ringfinger" being a tad weaker than everything else.
>>
>>72384180
I actually disagree with you, I think the parts you are naming are highlights of the album, they perfectly blend into one another and they're the darkest parts of the album and I listen to that part probably the most, to that section of the album that is.

I think that after three amazing tracks PHM opens up with, it drags and gets forgettable personally.
>>
That Billy Joel is one of the greatest popular music composers and all around artists to ever have graced the popular music scene. At least within the realm of the corporate-sponsored artist/musician/composer. Elton John, too, though I don't care to listen to either of them a whole lot anymore, they both are excellent when it comes to chord progressions (like use of 6 chords in places where they don't stand out as 6 chords as usual, 'extended chords' and lots of chord changes too, arranging them, melody, harmony.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vqh5xRSbz4
>>
popularity is the only real, objective and unbiased indicator of the merit of music.
>>
>>72384332
Objectivity means only something the majority agrees about. So you may as well be right.
>>
>>72384208
>I think the parts you are naming are highlights of the album, they perfectly blend into one another and they're the darkest parts of the album
I can get that, at least when it comes to the concept. Truth be told, it's been a moment since I listened to the album, so I think I'll give it another spin later today.

>after three amazing tracks PHM opens up with, it drags and gets forgettable
I can understand feeling the album drags in its second half, but I'm a little surprised to see you visibly don't like "Something I Can Never Have". For my part, it's one of the record's highlights.
>>
I don't get death grips. Bob Dylan was a better songwriter than McCartney/Lennon
>>
>>72380613
I enjoy music
>>
>>72384352
>Objectivity means only something the majority agrees about
TRIGGERED
>>
>>72381413
i don't browse /classical/ but can anyone tell me why they hate Chopin
>>
>>72384400
You monster!
>>
>>72380689
But I really like blur
>>
>>72384422
They probably only like modern fart noises and muh atonal "music"
>>
>>72384386
I'm fairly certain most of /mu/ agrees with you about Dylan & Lennon/McCartney

I KNOW most of /mu/ agrees with you about Death Grips

-friendly reminder that just because something is /mu/core, doesn't mean it's actually good
>>
>>72384468
but why specifically chopin
>>
>>72384364
> to see you visibly don't like "Something I Can Never Have". For my part, it's one of the record's highlights.

I don't like it since the Still version of that song is much better in my opinion ,it seems more mature and honest, vocals in the original PHM version are pretty weak honestly
>>
>>72384422
Because he only composed for solo piano 99% of the time and it wasn't contrapuntal enough. His 1 fugue he wrote for practice as a kid frequently gets laughed at. The old tripfags forced an anti-Romantic period meme. Also because he's popular.
>>
>>72384409
:^)
>>
>>72384479
Probably because he's popular. They shit on Mozart and Beethoven and sho on anyway
>>
Since Billy Joel was mentioned, I'll say Tommy Byrnes is one of the least known great guitarists out there. Obviously he's introduced at Billy Joel concerts but people aren't generally there remembering his name or anything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDDWPLqaT2M There's some video of him soloing at a small gig last year
>>
Phil Collins is fucking awesome.
>>
I pretty much only listen to internet radio stations
>>
every onkyo and lowercase release is better than anything animal collective ever put out
>>
>>72384614
Billy Joel fan here, yeah he is, man. Do you have any opinion on him calling out Paul McCartney for being cocky? Even Phil's fans criticized him for it but I think it was done well.. fuck that old geezer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9VkkSYVgLY
>>
File: 1491927139277.jpg (64KB, 440x490px) Image search: [Google]
1491927139277.jpg
64KB, 440x490px
The Beatles are the most influential, innovative, and greatest band of the 1960s.
>>
OK Computer is far better than Kid A
The Wall is better than anything Radiohead ever did
ITAOTS is just OK
Queen is good
Kiss is underrated
Remain In Light is shit
>>
>>72384762
I'd have to agree with you there. The Beach Boys are often supposed rivals in terms of innovation, or .. comparable supposedly which I don't see how,.. ever. Anyway
>>
>>72384875
>The Wall is better than anything Radiohead ever did

You mean the album "The Wall" ?
>>
Glam metal is good. Rap is trash
>>
>>72381953
This, now this is a fucking weird opinion. Unless you're just talking about the song. But the album as a whole is pretty trash
>>
>>72384462
But I really like blur
>>
I mostly listen to dadrock and country. I haven't bought an album in over a decade and haven't listened to one all the way through in at least that long. I just don't have time to sit around and do that so I assume most of /mu/ are college kids or NEETs.
>>
i prefer newer rap over older rap 99.9% of the time
new stuff has better musicality for the most part, though i can respect older stuffs lyricism
>>
>>72380689
I always assumed we were just memeing the Blur hate. Deep down, we all know they are great right?
>>
>>72380668
I recently heard it and it didnt sound like it was the most beautiful thing in the world like most /mu/ggers would say
>>
Blank banshee and Vektroid are among my favorite artists. On a side note, I want to see them bang.
>>
>>72381672
>Discogs >>>>>> Fantano
what
>>
>>72380613
MBTDF is like the Cleopatra of music, people come over the spectacle rather than the quality.
>>
>>72385626
the funny thing is that 808's was way more influential to modern pop than mbdtf which was more retrospective with sampling and more conservative rapping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZwMX6T5Jhk
>>
>>72385529
Give me an example of good musicality in rap
>>
>>72380613
I think hip hop is generally terrible, but I really like instrumental hip hop like J Dilla and DJ Shadow. I don't mind Death Grips either, for some reason.

Trap and mumble rap are also garbage in all forms.
>>
MF Doom isn't the be all and end all of rap.

Charts are shit. If you're interested in a genre go do some research. Google's right fucking there, you don't need to spoonfed.
>>
Kyuss is the best stoner rock band and nothing else matches them in the genre.
Also, their best album is Wretch and all the members' other bands suck ass. Even QOTSA.
>>
>>72385686
meant to say hip-hop
>>
>>72381907
>also grime in general is cancer
>black people can't into rap these days, back then yeah but now they are all pop or some other shit, best rappers right now are all white, as well as producers and such
delet this, and then you would be right about everything.
>>
>>72384011
This. Guy deserves a lot more credit than he gets and I think he has the potential and likability to go down as a great.
>>
>>72385514
Why are you here???
>>
Ok Computer is as good as the bends
>>
>>72381907
this was the only one i stopped at and thought 'wow this guy needs to listen to less things once, and repeat listen'

not to mention the memes.
>>
How anyone can like anything that isn't noise or drone based, is beyond me.
>>
>>72384916
Listen to this then come back and don't ever make such a fool of yourself ever again.
>>
>>72380613
GRIMES IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>72384762
you misspelled "velvet underground"

>>72384916
what did the beach boys innovate exactly?
>>
>>72385926
Are you serious?
>>
radio rap and pop music is actually complete garbage 95% of the time
>>
>>72385743
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUSJ_MeX4Io
>>
File: 1433388356349.gif (2MB, 372x262px) Image search: [Google]
1433388356349.gif
2MB, 372x262px
>>72384762
>that old John and old George
damn...
>>
>>72384916
Intricate harmonies are more important than you'd think.
>>
>>72386394
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_the_Beach_Boys
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musicianship_of_Brian_Wilson
>
>>
>>72386437
How is this even an opinion? It's demonstrably factual.
>>
File: IMG_0174.jpg (150KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0174.jpg
150KB, 1024x1024px
I think Loveless is very overrated, even as a huge shoegaze fan who respects its influence
There's nearly as much variation within metal as there is within all other rock music, and I don't take seriously anyone who writes off all metal because they know one Korn song or something
U2 have many classic albums, and even some material from their infamous 2000s albums is very good
There is effectively no creativity in hip-hop (with the exception of a very small niche) including lyrical content, rappers have been finding more and more convoluted ways to talk about the same 3-5 subjects, and I truly can't understand how people can continue to hype new releases that sound nearly identical to the previous ones
Poptimism is a cancer and has crippled discussion of music on any non-niche music forum
ADHD style music criticism is a cancer and reducing an artist's hard work and vision to a score out of ten for p4k kids to scroll past on Twitter is disrespectful as hell even if it's not an album you enjoyed
When you get into "avant-garde" stuff, there's a ridiculous amount of flexing and circle jerking over arbitrary albums that people think make them look patrician, with no real distinction of what makes a good or bad album at this point
Slowdive's new album is the best of their career
Gas's new album is the best of his career

>>72381212
He does what the band needs. He doesn't rip solos or break into shoegaze but his minimalist style is the cornerstone of 75% of "indie" guitar playing today
>>
>>72384332
You're technically correct in that it's likely the only objective and unbiased indicator, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the most important indicator.
>>
I despise Leaves Turn Inside You.
>>
Origin of Symmetry is better than OK Computer.
>>
>>72384478
>I KNOW most of /mu/ agrees with you about Death Grips
>I KNOW
so delusion is why you retards think you have a grasp on this board.
>>
>>72384478
Death Grips are one of the most talked-about underground bands of the decade so far, if you think everyone who praises TMS as a fresh new take on hip-hop and eagerly awaited Jenny Death is just in on a meme, you're mentally ill
>>
File: this worries me.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
this worries me.png
98KB, 600x500px
Hip-hop and rap are nothing more than aggressive and yet monotone lyrics, set to simplistic beats and melodies. They take very little skill or hard work to create and are subsequently enjoyed by those with no appreciation of skill or hard work.

Also, hip-hop and rap tend to be something of a catalyst for violent acts committed by these unintelligent, uninspired, unskilled and lazy people (mostly men). Ironically, were one to resort to violence in an attempt to remove said-problem (I can think of a few who'd be first to go), this would negate the argument, entirely. So, the rest of us just put up with hip-hop, rap and their followers.

There are so many wondrous things we've learned we can do with our voices, in unison, with other hard-working people who've been practicing until their fingers bleed, and there are STILL those who listen to people talking over a generic melody and beat? Don't you KNOW this?

Those who "create" rap and hip-hop are an affront to civilization. They're the proverbial "slap to the face" to every man, woman and child who's pushed themselves beyond limits previously thought unimaginable, to achieve heights of success one could only dream of.

Those who willingly listen to rap and/or hip-hop, are the most dangerous of miscreants - examples of de-evolution. In essence, they're "regressing" back to their monkey state and, in my humble opinion, should be put down so as not to infest others with their disease. Ironic, really, since doing exactly that would be going against the argument in the second paragraph.

I genuinely hope humanity can recover from the plague that rap and hip-hop brought forth, but the more logical part of my brain knows it's truly a lost cause.

>tl;dr: rap and hip-hop are crap.
>>
>>72386657
pretty much, yeah. my only issue is it's been like 5 years. If you haven't at least formulated a negative opinion of the band then that's 100% on you for not getting them.

of the handful of /mu/-core artists there are, there's at least 4 I don't like/am ambivalent towards but at the very least "understand". DG being one of them. And in all honesty Americ an Football is probably the only one I actively dislike AND don't understand but I've just chalked it down to me not liking that kind of music.
>>
>>72385803
To talk about music
>>
I unironically love listening to Will Smith's music.
>>
>>72381226
just wait anon...
>>
File: 1492143447207.jpg (39KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1492143447207.jpg
39KB, 500x367px
>>72380613
i use to be adamant about keeping k-pop cancer off /mu/ but these days i occasionally browse the k-pop threads to look at cute girls doing cute things.
>>
>>72387516
are you 8 year old me?
>>
I enjoy mainstream progressive house (deadmau5, Eric Prydz mainly)
>>
>>72381561
this is objectively true.
>>
>>72387571
Thats perfectly fine, I don't understand the vendetta this board has against easygoing, widely enjoyable music. It's disco all over again
>>
Iggy Azalea is unironically the greatest artist of this decade and is really just pointing out the exploitation of certain music cliches to ascend the latter of popularity but all anyone ever cares about is her skin tone.
:thinkingface:
>>
I love Coldplay, their new and old stuff
>>
File: dansen.gif (815KB, 167x167px) Image search: [Google]
dansen.gif
815KB, 167x167px
>>72381731
>>72381771
this so much

you have to be in a certain mood for all the feelsy shit but i'll never not want to listen to pusherman or some shit
>>
Andrew Jackson Jihad is a great band and Sean Bonnette is one of the best lyricists of his generation
>>
File: 1469972662626.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469972662626.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>72386694
I mean, I wouldn't write it all out that way and I'm surprised nobody called you /pol/ yet, but I can pretty much get behind it. When even the best of the best, the most highly respected and classic works of an artform are all at least washed in a base, violent, and materialistic ethic, it says something about the people who enjoy and create it. I hate to lean on the good old "oh man classical artists had so much technique my kid could paint that" meme, but there's an element of that.

MBDTF is seen as great, classic, a must-listen and something a little different from rap, right? It's considered influential and revolutionary. I'd guess because of the production, but also the fact that it is more emotionally honest and open than most rap. Even then, I don't think there's a single song without at least 3 curse words, and most of them deal with sex or violence and still lean on braggadocio and allusions to criminality.

It's so weird to me to think of the variety of subjects and concepts all the sub-genres and forms of rock cover, the different techniques, from Prog to Pop-punk or basic Pop, and yet all of rap and hip-hop seem so close, so narrow, to the point it's almost generic.
>>
>>72383753
This. Have no idea why the Sex Pistols are so loved on this board. Almost like the people here don't know what they're talking about
>>
>>72387727
>fuck white people
>kill the white devil
truly amazing Reddit-tier lyrics
>>
>>72381212
That's a weird way of spelling My Bloody Valentine
>>
File: VampireWeekendCD2.jpg (127KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
VampireWeekendCD2.jpg
127KB, 300x300px
Best indie pop band of all time
>>
>>72383853
Dude what the fuck are you on? Grimes is garbage.
>>
>>72387800
wote > ve for that title
>>
>>72386500
Does it not seem interesting to you this was undoubtedly written by someone with the same opinion as you. Little bit of confirmation bias.
>>
>>72386500
>Brian's combined arranging, producing, and songwriting skills made him a major innovator in the field of music production,[15] and he helped raise pop music to the level of high art.

here's an article you may also enjoy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole
>>
Later Radiohead has a lot of hip-hop influence (Especially In Rainbows era), and everyone that denies it is just a close-minded idiot that doesn't want to explore music outside the comfort zone.
Also while we're on it, OK Computer didn't age well and first half of The Eraser is better than most of the band's.
Groove and rhythm > Non-repetitious song structure > Melodies > Technicality
Minimalism is a nice trend, and pushing artists to get as much as possible out of something limited is a good thing for art, Blonde being the perfect example.
There is nothing wrong in enjoying choruses/hooks, but a dope bridge is even better.
Although trap is trash y'all need to stop being so pissy about it, it's gonna die out just as any fad before it.
>>
>>72387923
>blonde
>art

i know this is a safe space thread but i really think you need to leave
>>
>>72380689
Blur > Radiohead

Only patricians know this to be true.
>>
>>72383753
100% correct

>AnCo sucks
>Speaking In Tongues is better than RiL
>Death Grips only have one good album, and it's Exmilitary
>The Pod is Ween's best album, Pure Guava is a VERY close second
>>
Most of /mu/'s user base does not actually enjoy listening to music. They only enjoy ranking, categorizing, and memorizing/repeating opinions about music.
>>
>>72387832
>this

THESE things are all sourced. Read the fucking books if you'd like. The majority think he's a genius. I don't care about your snowflake opinion.

>>72387915
And one for you buddy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gofuckyourself
>>
>>72383723
similar to both? Hard to do, they are pretty different
but i'd suggest checking out the rest of TeamSESH, you may find the producers' music interesting like Drew The Architect and Drip-133, Cat Soup and more.
Also A$AP Rocky is very simillar to Bones, so you could try checking out his squad as well

>>72383853
>two pretty boring pop records vs two interesting experimental records
we have to disagree there famalam, though i'd say the sweet spot in between are songs like Crystal Ball and Vanessa, and if Grimes just did more of those instead of just pure pop, i could dig that more

>>72383902
Bongripper is okay also, Ice Dragon too, but Electric Wizard is easily better than all of that, im not saying it's the only artist worth listening to, im saying that once you hear electric wizard, in my opinion, there isn't much else to listen to that would be better.

>>72385755
nah, grime is just bad, honestly until i researched why people like it i just couldn't take it seriously at all, it seemed to me like just really bad rap
as to do with black people, well this one is highly debatable since everyone's taste in rap is so different, but the stuff i personally enjoy is never made by black people, and this isn't a racist remark, it's just an observation i made, besides, most black rappers i know people praise around here are usually mainstream and/or pop-rap, which is usually all the same shit, showing a lack of creativity on their part, i'm sure there are decent black rappers even now, but they're not The best.
Back in the 90s - early 2000s the situation was different, the Wu Tang Clan, Nas, NWA, were all great and innovative at their thing, much more so than even Eminem who simply perfected the style and made it more accessible, but usually white rappers sucked back then.

>>72385904
i actually repeat listen way too much, there are some albums in my library i have listened to over 200 times, and some songs that are in 4-digit numbers of overall plays.
>>
>>72388148
If we didn't do that, there would be no board here, just a bunch of soundcloud/bandcamp threads and /prod/
>>
>>72388173
i think your link is mistyped it's not working
>>
R.E.M. is one of the best bands of the last 35 years

Pearl Jam is underrated because people only have listened to Ten, which is their most boring record in the 90's
>>
>>72388182
>not true btw
>>
>>72388181
>the Wu Tang Clan, Nas, NWA were all great and innovative at their thing
>Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar etc are all pretty bad

Really rustled my jimmies right there my man, could you explain the hate? Early Kanye is on the same level as the ones you listed, but also has much more interesting production on top, while Late Kanye switches up styles so often it's amazing how he makes them work so well.
And find me another hip-hop album that covers as many themes as TPAB, ranging from political to very personal, in a concise manner, with most of the songs being enjoyable.
>>
>>72388181
>once you hear electric wizard, in my opinion, there isn't much else to listen to that would be better.
this. Once you have listened to Electric Wizard and Sleep, every other stoner/doom band just becomes a rehash (pun intended) of those two.
>>
>>72381907
>black people can't into rap these days, back then yeah but now they are all pop or some other shit, best rappers right now are all white, as well as producers and such

Oh no, I'm not falling for this one
>>
>>72388148
This is why I fucking hate chart threads it's the same repeated covers over and over again . That and the mods not doing shit , but god forbid I make a thread about something not usually seen of mu and I get no replies except one to kill myself
>>
Boris is fucking terrible
only numale cucks listen to shoegaze
>>
>>72388381
K
>>
>>72388066
>AnCo sucks
>Speaking In Tongues is better than RiL
>Death Grips only have one good album, and it's Exmilitary
>The Pod is Ween's best album, Pure Guava is a VERY close second

are these really unpopular opinions? anyone with working eardrums knows this is 100% true
>>
>>72386368
Fuck off, turbopleb
>>
>>72381907
Several of these are fucking awful opinions.
>>
>>72388281
>Early Kanye is on the same level as the ones you listed, but also has much more interesting production on top

Anon, i don't think early kanye really had that interesting of a production, and while yeah it wasn't absolute top 40 shit, it got old very quickly and i also think it was somewhat incoherent, i feel like it was there for the sake of being there

>while Late Kanye switches up styles so often it's amazing how he makes them work so well.

This is just an opinion thread anon, imo they don't work well together at all, and it's not very hard to switch up styles, now try inventing one, like many of the earlier influental hip-hop artists who i totally agree - were all mostly black.

>And find me another hip-hop album that covers as many themes as TPAB, ranging from political to very personal, in a concise manner, with most of the songs being enjoyable.

Those songs are hardly what i'd call enjoyable, in fact Kendrick's voice and minimal production on TPAB always makes me cringe a little whenever i do come back to that album, even more so with the "themes" present on the album, which are just some opinions, we wuz kangz black power shit and muh whining.

But this is where im conflicted, should rap be juged on lyrical content alone, as poetry, or should it be judged like music, including how well the words flow and work with the beat and so on?
In case of the first then yeah, TPAB is pretty interesting, as you said it does cover a variety of very simplistic themes and the pure lyrical content is interesting
>>
>>72387817
You are garbage. Meanwhile, Grimes is still the artist of the decade. Deal with it.
>>
>>72388281
cont. from >>72388535
But it's far from enjoyable, when compared to even your neighborhood soundcloud rapper, as far as rating rap like music goes, TPAB sucks due to it genuinely just being bad, the lyrics don't flow, the vocals suck, the beats are boring and sometimes even annoying, and nevermind comparing all this to Ice Cube and Dre and other rappers of that era, they had lyrics that were essentially dumb gangsta shit, but they had flow, they had good rhyme, technique, creativity, i think that's what made rap music so accessible and popular worldwide, those rappers have made it more like music and less like poetry, they portrayed often a very violent exaggerated atmosphere and it worked, it was entertaining and enjoyable. While TPAB's coverage of themes seems boring in comparison, and while maybe these songs are meaningful, it doesn't matter since they are just not very good songs in the first place. I can record myself reading political interviews or texts from ex's in a high pitched voice with hardly any rhyme and shove a slightly not so mainstream beat over that and call it good because it's "meaningful" when in reality it's just shit.

>>72388311
Well, i'd say too many of them are now in it for the money, and do more pop stuff that sells, reason im bringing up this angle is because in comparison to Bones and his squad, most mainstream black rappers instantly look like absolute shit with zero creativity or good production
>>
>>72381907
i agree with the most of it and don't care for the rest.
however, fall be kind is the only decent anco release
>>
Bruce Springsteen > Bob Dylan
Rock music peaked in the 70s and has been on the decline since the 1990s
Hip hop is the best genre right now
>>
>>72388519
good for yew anon
but they're opinions though
they can't be bad, unless they're one of two:
Meaningless, as in, an opinion that oxygen/air sucks
or
not based upon any fact or even at the very least a weighted judgement, like saying x is bad without giving any reasoning to what led you think that way
have a nice day anon
>>
>>72385529
This. I feel like production is so much better now and I much prefer the more creative or lusher beats we have now to the sparser, more lo-fi stuff from the 90's.

Lyricism has improved so much as well.
>>
>>72388566
You're so wrong on TPAB but you gave a really wordy reply that I can't even make an answer for because I'm not as well spoken, so whatever, I respect you though.

Mind throwing some albums with what you'll consider "not minimalistic" production? I guess you'll say Madlib?
>>
>>72388173
Yeah and the source is some dude with your same misguided opinion
>>
>>72383829
I think you'd get more shit here for claiming that TBK is the best reconstituted Swans album.
>>
>>72380613
The more something is lauded on /mu/ the shittier it is in reality.
The more something is shat on on /mu/ the greater it is in reality.
There is one exception for each case. Nobody will tell you who/what it is.
>>
>>72388931
it is tho
>>
>>72388772
>misguided opinion

You're baiting. Fuck off.
>>
>>72383762
NO

FANTANO MADE A LIST THE OTHER DAY AND TKOL WAS LAST!!!!

EDUCATE YOURSELF
>>
Jazz is a meme for snobs
>>
The Beatles are genuinely the greatest band of all time, fuck the contrarians

Frank Zappa is one of the most important artists of the 20th century

Swans and Radiohead and Animal Collective and Godspeed all make lazy, boring, bland music

Aeroplane is a stupid album that shouldn't work, but it is actually very good

Pet Sounds and Trout Mask are very mediocre

Music critics all suck and people who take their opinions seriously suck too

>>72384332
False, marketing and social factors always influence perception of music more than the actual notes and shit. That's not a bad thing, but popular doesn't always equal good.

>>72384237
Haha, I was thinking about this the other day. Definitely agree.
>>
I like the Fantano. I respect his opinions and think he can be a funny guy some times.
>>
>>72389096
Sorry I don't like your boring pop record you've been convinced is some groundbreaking achievement
>>
>>72380613
I like Muse
>>
Radiohead is obviously just dadrock.
>>
>>72383881
Most of his albums are just randomly chosen tracks. He's even admitted to doing this for the US release of quoth.
>>
punk is only good when mixed with metal
90% of the shit /myoo/ qualifies as good is boring artsy shit that every tumblr-browsing normie knows
>>
Rap is objectively the worst subgenre of hip-hop and people only pretend to like it to score brownie points for listening to music made by black people

Poptimism is the worst thing to happen to music since crunkcore

Grimes is profoundly overrated
>>
I think Loveless is very mediocre
>>
>>72388583
so the peak lasted 20 years?
>peaked in the 70s
>started to decline in the 90s
>>
>>72388302
this is actually 100% true. There's only so many ways you can make DUDE SLOW RIFFS LMAO interesting
>>
>>72381657
don't its pretentious and boring
>>
>>72381907
you have terrible taste
>>
Grindcore is the most fun genre
Mumble rap is going to be a dead joke genre within a few years
ITAOTS actually isn't overrated and is a 10/10
early Boredoms is best Boredoms
>>
>>72383619
>imblying lame impala has ever made a good album
>calling someone pleb while imblying this
remove yourself from this board pleb boy
>>
>>72386571
>There's nearly as much variation within metal as there is within all other rock music, and I don't take seriously anyone who writes off all metal because they know one Korn song or something
wow you're not as stupid as the rest of /mu/
>>
File: tumblr_o9ax8w7zg61vyqb6ho1_400.gif (694KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9ax8w7zg61vyqb6ho1_400.gif
694KB, 360x360px
>>72380667
>Listening to Justin Bieber
Normie...
>>
File: Maria.jpg (5KB, 156x198px) Image search: [Google]
Maria.jpg
5KB, 156x198px
MBDTF is not even in my top 3 best Kanye albums.
Homework is the best Daft Punk album.
I enjoy Drake and Tyler, The Creator. Both as musicians and personalities.
I love every track on No One's First And You're Next
>>
>>72384237
Lawn Guysland-fag here, praise Billy
>>
>>72389914
yeah, but with that said, EW and Sleep are fucking amazing.
>>
>>72383753
sex pistols were just a punk-themed boy band
>>
>>72381498
Lame Impala is derivative trash, there is a near identically sounding band from the early 2000s and many obvious heavy influences from the 60s and 70s. Their music isn't interesting and the lyrics are abysmal, no reason to listen to them when many better artists exist.
>>72381657
That's not an opinion you dope, you are supposed to not listen to them but still form an opinion to make people mad.
>>
>>72380613
Old Kanye is bland as fuck.

New Kanye is a significantly greater and more impactful artist due to the fact he's retained all the latent talent he had back in the day, and filtered it through a unique and progressively unhinged world view which only a handful of artists will ever experience in their lifetimes.
>>
Kid A was made irrelevant the moment Amnesiac clicked with me, it is what Kid A was supposed to be.
>>
I can respect almost anyone's musical tastes and opinions on music unless they think oasis is a good band. Not only is oasis shit, but only garbage people think oasis is good. Irredeemable people
>>
>>72381907
THIS
>>
File: 1492411008237.jpg (477KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492411008237.jpg
477KB, 960x640px
>>72380689
He likes Blur
>>
>>72389859
I mean that it seriously declined, the 60s until the mid-90s were pretty good with rock with the 70s as its apex. Rock started being shitty in the late 90s and has only gotten worse (with some exceptions like Nick Cave, who were around well before its decline).
>>
>>72380613
Kanye and Kendrick have been severely overrated on this board
>>
I freakin' love Tool.

Kanye West was good only when i was young and influencable.

I still like the first three Limp Bizkit's album...
>>
>>72385451
Nah i actually like that album the most, it's at least somewhat interesting
>>
>>72389806
>Grimes is profoundly overrated
No. She's underrated.
>>
>>72383755
How is this an unpopular opinion? Except maybe "their best era is the early folk one", but that's not too uncommon either.
>>
>>72384875
How is OK Computer better than Kid A? The song structures are so generic for their time, and even more generic now.
>>
>>72381275
this desu. /mu/ and /fit/ are best boards
>>
>>72380667
This is probably true. But voluntarily listening to enough of his music to make this assessment is plebby af.
>>
>>72387571
>I enjoy mainstream progressive house (deadmau5, Eric Prydz mainly)

>>72387571
>Thats perfectly fine, I don't understand the vendetta this board has against easygoing, widely enjoyable music.

My vendetta is because I also enjoy dance music and am disappointed 99% of dance fans only listen to the super mainstream stuff. There are so many great artists who make 4/4 house/techno with steady, simple, easily-danceable dopamine beats while being wayyy more hard-hitting and interesting and danceable than deadmau5 or Eric Prydz.

Those 2 have some decent tracks but it just disappoints me that some people may never find music that's just like that but even better. People just get fooled by their production and mixing/mastering quality.
>>
Death Grips is Pleab entry level noise (Which it is)
>>
>>72380772
Avey's written like 90% of their material, I legitimately cannot understand him being someone's least favorite member if they are into the band at all past the surface level
>>
>>72380613
Emotion Side B by Carly Rae Jepsen is a 10/10
>>
Going Blank Again > Nowhere
Souvlaki drops after Souvlaki Space Station.
Red is the best KC album and ITCOCK is maybe #3 or beyond that.
Pet Sounds and most 60s pop shit aren't that good at all. The two best rock albums of that decade were ITCOCK and Velvet & Nico.

>>72380668
This.
>>72380689
The first, second, and fourth opinions are correct. I haven't listened to much Blur or On Avery.
>>72380718
Correct.
>>72380823
This.
>>72380918
I wouldn't go that far, but they're fucking great
>>72381148
Siamese Dream is great, imo. To each his own though.
>>72381561
Correct.
>>72381907
>Closer is better than Unkown Pleasures, and Still is also better than unkown pleasures
No.
>Shoegaze is pretty overrated and boring
I see where you're coming from but it's my favorite genre, so I'll have to disagree.
>Vaporwave is unironically good, especially blank banshee, but artists like saint pepsi and macross 82-99 sound like a whole different genre compared to that
Nigger, fuck no.
>>72383593
It is. Not good, but I'll listen to Yung Lean when I'm in a random mood.
>>72383665
The first part is correct. That last sentence, though. Come, now.
>>72383753
This. Fuck Sex Pistols
>>
>>72387560
College... changes a man
>>
Garage rock is a garbage genre.

Being a musician makes you appreciate music more.
>>
Draco by Future is genuinely one of the best songs to come out this year
>>
Bruce Springsteen is one of the greatest songwriters of all time
>>
Metalheads will never admit this, but post-metal is the future. Experimentation is the only way out of the stagnation that metal, and guitar music in general, is experiencing.
>>
Mark Knopfler is the GOAT guitarist and Sultans of Swing is one of the best songs ever made. Dire Straits as a whole is not a great band though
>>
>>72391522
Kid A is wankery
Bloody barely audible whinging over ambient electronic tracks with sparse & uninmaginitve accompaniment

OKC is at least somewhat enjoyable to listen to
>for the most part
>>
>>72383853
Grimes as a whole is pure garbage. The only people I can see unironically defending Grimes are turboplebs who have never listened to any electronic music.
>>
>>72386571

>He does what the band needs. He doesn't rip solos or break into shoegaze but his minimalist style is the cornerstone of 75% of "indie" guitar playing today

This guy knows what he's talking about. If you think being a good musician means you have to be able to play fast or know hundreds of chords you don't know much about how musicality works.
>>
>>72385713
>Kyuss is the best stoner rock band and nothing else matches them in the genre.

Is this a controversial opinion? They're one of the most foundational in their genre and Homme is a fantastic guitarist. Not to mention how fucking iconic Garcia's vocals are..
>>
Neutral Milk Hotel is overrated garbage. Not my opinion, but definitely and opinion that would get you SLAUGHTERED.
>>
>>72392170
>The only people I can see unironically defending Grimes are turboplebs who have never listened to any electronic music.
Stop lying. I listened to a lot of electronic music, from Silver Apples and Air to uZiq and Shpongle, don't fucking tell me this bullshit. Fact: she's a great songwriter and a great producer.
>>
>>72392078
Shit taste
>>
808s > Graduation.
>>
>>72392020
>Dire Straits as a whole is not a great band though
dude wtf. they're one of the greatest roots rock bands of all time. each record they put out was solid
>>
I don't have any because all my opinions are perfect.
>>
>>72392573
Speak for yourself mate

Kid A has no imagination and no soul.

Even shitty pop songs lacking those at least have a groove or some form of melody, but not even Kid A has that.

No, it's vacuous, and absent of any kind of creativity or inspiration, both in terms of the artists own, and what it gives off to the listener

It is one of the most overhyped, if not the most, albums on this board, and in general.
>>
>>72386571
Disagree 200% with your shitty opinions on hip hop.
>>
>Radiohead is this generations Beatles
>Death Grips are okay but not incredible
>My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is vastly overrated
>Blackstar is Bowies best album and not because of his death
>>
Vessel by Twenty One Pilots is better than almost anything Animal Collective has put out
>>
>>72387740
Who cares if it has swearing? What are you, some kind of fucking religious prude?
>>
Nu Metal was fucking cool
>>
File: 1493067453507.jpg (473KB, 1024x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1493067453507.jpg
473KB, 1024x1444px
Arguing over music is for stupid people
(rap is still shit though)
>>
>>72387993
13 is a far better album than OK Computer and it isn't even close.
>>
I only listen to the Beatles and Beach Boys in stereo.

Stereo sounds better.
>>
Pablo Honey is better than any Radiohead album released post-1998.
>>
Arbitrarily ranking music out of 10 is pointless and destroys the fact that music is an art form by slapping a number to it.
>>
>>72384011
because they're all the same
>>
File: are_u_experienced.jpg (110KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
are_u_experienced.jpg
110KB, 800x800px
drugs r cool and psychedelic rock is most based music
>>
Unironically one of the best albums of 90s
>>
>>72388209
kek
>>
>>72384011
especially his stuff as "Makeout Videotape"
>>
>>72392650
Shit taste
>>
>>72388622
not him but Deltron 3030
>>
>>72385713
>Kyuss is the best stoner rock band and nothing else matches them in the genre.
This is correct
>Also, their best album is Wretch and all the members' other bands suck ass. Even QOTSA.
This is not, although Wretch is underrated
>>
File: lana.jpg (48KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lana.jpg
48KB, 960x1200px
I love Lana Del Rey and she makes great music.
>>
>>72393152
Nice argument
>>
>>72380823
I didn't even know people who were anti-American Idiot existed.
>>
>>72381657
Tried Swans (To Be Kind). Didn't like it at all.
>>
Kendrick Lamar is unironically the Tupac of this generation and best rapper in the past decade

Death Grips is the most influential and innovative group for this generation

Grimes is the most dull and boring artist to ever exist

Trap music is overrated
>>
>>72393198
Me too but her lyrics make me feel like i'm a 40 year old cat lady who wants to get drunk on red french wine and dream about muscular tall hispanic men in their 20s-30s
>>
>>72393305
Tupac wasn't even that good nigger
and lmao no, Kendrick isn't even close to being above average
Death Grips is just grime with incoherent yelling and industrial noises on top, it's not innovative at all
Grimes both is one of the best pop artists since 2010 and also has some of the best experimental pop to ever exist.
Trap music is overrated tho
>>
>>72384156
thats not even debateable pretty much everyone everywhere thinks that
>>
>>72392903
this desu, reccomend me some psych rock
>>
>>72389232
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnrrJjtraas
>>
>>72393305
>Grimes is the most dull and boring artist to ever exist
This must be bait. Grimes, dull? In what universe? Just say you don't like her music and be done with that.
>>
Led Zeppelin is my favorite band
>>
>>72380718
>>72380912
>>72391879
If you actually agree with the Beatles analysis, it goes to show that you know as little about music as Scaruffi does, retards.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.