[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XTC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: xtc.jpg (126KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
xtc.jpg
126KB, 800x450px
It's time to take the XTCpill.
Take the XTCpill now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDDQqO9kWo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZjZBCZWxpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xPnAlMgHHU
>>
>>72380595
>XTC
Who?
>>
literally whom
>>
>>72380595
>Who?
Listen to the posted songs and maybe then you won't be such a fucking pleb
>>
>>72380927
>>72380903
Holy fuck I hate neo-/mu/

unironically kill yourselves these guys are huge.

Don't act arrogant over the fact that you literally know zero music outside of the /mu/ cure albums that are constantly jerked off around here.
>>
>>72380947
are you one of the u2 fags?
>>
>>72380947
Based anon

XTC is objectively patrician
>>
>>72380963
I haven't made a single post about U2 but I think the joshua tree is a good album

I dont see how thats at all relevant though
>>
>>72381004
It's relevant because you clearly have shit taste
>>
File: byrnethom.jpg (35KB, 420x339px) Image search: [Google]
byrnethom.jpg
35KB, 420x339px
>>72381004
>likes U2
>likes XTC
who are we being invaded by? it doesn't feel like reddit...
>>
>>72381030
>>72381061
I understand that the Joshua Tree is pretty divisive around here but I just like how reverby and nice a lot of the guitar playing is, really makes that album for me.

I didn't realize people around here didn't like XTC though. I think that's probably a pretty contrarian opinion, they are generally accepted as a great group with at least a few classic albums.
>>
>>72381120
>I understand that the Joshua Tree is pretty divisive around here
Because U2 are a fucking dogshit excuse for a band and nobody beyond the age of 13 with half-developed taste would actually listen to them.

>but I just like how reverby and nice a lot of the guitar playing is, really makes that album for me
You're like a child being distracted by shiny objects. The Edge is a shitty guitar player. He uses pedals to mask it.
>>
>>72381145
>You're like a child being distracted by shiny objects. The Edge is a shitty guitar player. He uses pedals to mask it.

Sounds like most shoegaze records.
>>
DUDE BEACH BOYS LMAO
>>
>>72381145
>Because U2 are a fucking dogshit excuse for a band and nobody beyond the age of 13 with half-developed taste would actually listen to them.
Ok I get that they have released some pretty shit material but Joshua Tree is pretty good. It's not like my fav album ever or anything but I jus tlike it. And thats just my opinion man

>You're like a child being distracted by shiny objects. The Edge is a shitty guitar player. He uses pedals to mask it.
This isn't a valid point at all. Guitar tone and the use of effects are a huge part of a guitarists ability and if a guitarist can use them well, it makes them a good guitarist. Are all of Jimmy Hendrix's solos invalid because of his heavy use of wah? Would you consider him a shitty guitarist who "masks" his playing under a wah pedal? Would you consider Josh Homme a shitty guitarist who "masks" his playing under a big muff? I mean, the riff on Gardenia is pretty basic. Does this make Josh a shitty player who is using pedals to mask his shittiness? Is Kevin Shields a shitty guitarist too?

The proper use of equipment is a contributing factor to the skill of a guitarist. The Edge's tone on the Joshua Tree is excellent and his guitar sounds ethereal and great, like the chiming of bells. While most of his riffs on the album are basic, they show great restraint and explode when they need too. Not to mention the use of delay and reverb on every song is nearly perfect and complements the playing perfectly, a difficult thing to do if youve ever tried playing riffs like these with significant delay.
>>
File: XTC.jpg (286KB, 713x544px) Image search: [Google]
XTC.jpg
286KB, 713x544px
I've already taken the XTC pill though.
>>
>>72381274
I'm sorry wut

>>72381333
My fucking guy
>>
File: IMG_9905.png (42KB, 608x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9905.png
42KB, 608x620px
I love XTC but can we please stop this debate? It's not too weighty of an argument, just enjoy the music. XTC is a great band in my opinion, for those who have heard them, what is your favorite album?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.