[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw when this is on par with the rest of their work really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: f738b519.jpg (106KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
f738b519.jpg
106KB, 630x630px
>mfw when this is on par with the rest of their work
really shows what music journalism can do to ya
>>
underrated
>>
Composition wise it's okay but I just can't get past the abysmal mixing desu

I really liked performed live
>>
>>72372297
yeah it's mixed kinda claustrophobiclly

i think seeing it live really helps you "get it"
>>
>>72372297
You might have listened to the shit leaked version
>>
>>72374007
Nah, I don't.
>>
Everyone complaining about the mixing should listen to this mix I made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ttLUt9A_IU

Not perfect, but I think I made it sound less mudied up.
>>
>>72374225
Also, CHz is in their top 5, easily. Fuck P4K
>>
wtf I really like the mixing on this album, really helps it have an impact
>>
>>72375085
How? Are you sure you're not talking about the production, because the actual mixing is objectively weak. There are certain synth and guitar parts that you can only hear if the volume is turned way up or way down etc.
>>
>>72375196
yeah but that's basically my fetish. I like a density of quiet things in the mix, it makes for a rewarding listen.
>>
>>72372297
The mixing was meant to be played on speaker
>>
amanita is one of their best songs. the rest is low to mid tier animal collective.
>>
>>72372248
Did you mean to post Danse Manatee? CHz was garbage and praised too highly if anything
>>
>>72372248

CHz is better than Painting With, however I think CHz had a lot going against it.

>The successor to MPP, which inevitably put lots of pressure on AnCo
>Released in 2012, the year Pitchfork and many other indie music journalists decided to turn their backs on indie/guitar music and start hyper-focusing on rap
>Deakin's return made people expect Feels/Strawberry Jam 2.0
>Let's face it, AnCO are getting older, and they don't have that same creative spark they did in their youth (probs don't take hardcore drugs like they used to either)

New Town Burnout is the best Panda Bear song, only behind Daily Routine.

CHz is a 9/10 album for me
>>
For a while it was my favourite AnCo, and [after comparing versions] I've always listened to the iTunes master which sounds great.
>>
>>72375640
did they sample lactose and lecithin on NTB?
>>
>>72375657
Itunes master? Is there any differences?
>>
>>72375723

what are you talking about
>>
>>72375835
Drums sound much better and it's overall less muddy, the latter of course being most important on this album. I think it's the same as Domino's 24-bit release, actually? Just checked. There's definitely a difference between CD and digital though.
>>
>>72376002
Shit, I only found out about this. Is there any link?
>>
>>72375950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqW4tKkRoOE
1:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oblEdlJ9hPg
0:54
>>
>>72376022
Uploading to Mega right now.
https://mega.nz/#!ZkNCxRaZ!VhJLsaoabSy_2tx4BjuHk6GpUHqzIrcvkW09YxdZ7_o

It was like King of Limbs for me. I didn't like that album at all until I heard WPW's rip of the Newspaper vinyl. So, like this album, that's the only version I enjoy listening to.
>>
>>72376239
Sounds like it was compressed and equalized a little bit. Sounds better, but not 'different' desu senpai
>>
>>72376493
yeah theres a difference in mixing and mastering

no matter how good something is mastered it can't remedy shit mixing
>>
>>72376239
Damn dude, thanks
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.