[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this would be my favourite album of all time if the crushing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Liftyrskinnyfists.jpg (151KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Liftyrskinnyfists.jpg
151KB, 500x500px
this would be my favourite album of all time if the crushing depressive/lonely atmosphere didn't make me wanna off myself every time.
>>
>>72365609
e d g y
>>
>>72365609
storm is pretty uplifting to me

also f sharp a sharp infinity is the superior album. i would know, i'm canadian
>>
It is that blatant emotional manipulation that attracts you in the first place.
>>
this album is more emotionally nuanced than just "depressing."

it reminds me of renaissance paintings actually. coming to terms with humanity and loss and returning to something primal and beautiful. highlighting the dream of heaven and the end of suffering
>>
Dragonforce with samples.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y5ENJJEMt4
>>
I only listened to storm and static because I felt like I didn't want to waste the whole album by not being emotionally ready. But at the same time I feel bad because I didn't get the whole compact experience.
Am I retarded?
>>
>>72365609
Try MONO's Hymn to the Immortal Wind
>>
Music for trust fundies who romanticize suicide and have never had a bad day in their life, except maybe when mommy and divorced and their inheritence got split in half.
>>
>>72367345
Damn, I didn't know there were so many wealthy families in the world.
>>
>>72365609
Funny, this is the album that I listen to whenever I'm in a bad place. It always makes me feel better.
>>
>>72367393
This. Not a happy kind of better but just better.
>>
>>72365609
Am I making this up or is this a thing, when a happy person is confronted with dark and depressing music they're put off by it and because it makes them feel things they're not comfortable with.

When a person in that mindset listen to dark and depressing music it is kind of uplifting and empowering in a way. To me happy music about positive life experiences makes me more miserable than music with dark and depressing moods and themes.
>>
>>72367201
yes
>>
>>72368314
i think it's like you said, what you're comfortable with. people choose to live in shitholes because it's where they were born. habits are hard to break
>>
>>72368314
Maybe not so much that I'm unused to it,
Moreso I try and avoid depressive thoughts/feelings at this album seems to make me reconsider everything that has and will possibly happen.

I think most people would downright switch it off though.
>>
>>72365609
Really? Of course GY!BE can be pretty dark at times, but I always felt like there was a little ray of light piercing through it all, somewhere. Be it from clear bright brasses, delicate chimes or drums that just press you on to march forward.
Or maybe this is just optimism from my part.
>>72365854
I kinda agree with you. It's like being able to take a step back and take everything in for a moment. And then just marvel at the weirdness of it all, good and bad alike.
>>
I can't decide whether or not this or SFTB is my fav postrock album of all time...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.