[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it me or there a lot of Springsteen-bashing threads on /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Is it me or there a lot of Springsteen-bashing threads on /mu/ lately? I'm sorry if you're all plebs and your dad used to beat you while playing Born To Run, but...
>>
I'm On Fire is still one of the most romantic songs I have ever heard.
>>
No OP, you are the pleb and so is Bruce Springsteen.

>rip off Bob Dylan
>rip off funk rock, oh look I have a New York accent
>rip off heartland rock, oh look I have a Midwestern accent
>rip off hard rock
>rip off an assortment of pop rock styles and also speed up the vocals to sound more like a teenager
>rip off folk and country and the band Suicide while bemoaning the hard times endured by Midwestern folk just like me as I'm staring at the millions of dollars in my Swiss bank account
>rip off Tom Petty and synth pop, oh look I have a Southern accent
>rip off a bunch of adult contemporary soft rock and synth pop tunes
>repeat on next album, oh look I have a California accent
>mix and match all of these for the rest of my career
>oh look I have an Irish accent on this one song
>make an album about 9/11 so I can be relevant again
>>
>>72361205
its fallout from his new Trump protest song.
guess /pol/ is triggered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u81YZDEmXrA
>>
>>72361274
>make an album about 9/11 so I can be relevant again
That album's great, eat a dick
>>
Springsteen wasn't that good, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time to capitalize on baby boomers who'd grown out of edgy teen buttrock and wanted something more superficially adult.
>>
>>72361594
I don't even know what you mean by this. He wrote many songs that were covered and made hits by other artists and term butt rock didn't even exist in the 70's when he was on the carts with the Born to Run and his other early albums
>>
> shitty irrelevant music
> redneck fanbase
> classic rock

wouldn't give a single listen to any of his albums

now btfo pleb
>>
>>72361319
>guess /pol/ is triggered.

How novel!
>>
>>72361223
subtle
>>
File: 1492118274597.jpg (16KB, 266x255px) Image search: [Google]
1492118274597.jpg
16KB, 266x255px
>>72361679

but anon-kun... it is
>>
File: born to run.jpg (73KB, 381x653px) Image search: [Google]
born to run.jpg
73KB, 381x653px
>>72361628
your loss.
Literally a 10/10 Album
>>
Favorite Springsteen cover. probably this one for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_BcivBprM0
>>
Someone gave me a "complete" version of Darkness on the Edge of Town a few years ago with something like 55 songs on it (tracks that ended up on The River; outtakes, etc.) and I had to concede that it was pretty great.

There was some filler, but for the sheer number of songs, the quality was incredibly consistent.

The thing is, if it's so easy to "rip off" other people and styles, why have so few people done it as well as Bruce?
>>
>>72361757
Bruce has his own style. He didn't need to rip off anyone
>>
File: pc_brucelive1.jpg (825KB, 3452x2432px) Image search: [Google]
pc_brucelive1.jpg
825KB, 3452x2432px
Bruce Springsteen is patrician AF.
>>72361744
Protection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBzoIJdPiZI
>>
Dancing in the Dark and Streets of Philadelphia are undeniably great and real nostalgic
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.