[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Listen to Roy Orbison.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Roy_Orbison_(1965).jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Roy_Orbison_(1965).jpg
12KB, 250x250px
Listen to Roy Orbison.
>>
completely wrapped
>>
I really like the wilbury's, and some of orbison's music, but I can never figure out which album to listen to. I mean, I fucking love his voice, and have his discography, but have not found an album I like by just picking random ones.

What do you recommend as entry?
>>
>>72358887
In Dreams is pretty good
>>
Just listen to his 1960-65 stuff. His 70s albums were absolute vaporware and none of them sold more than about ten copies.
>>
Poor guy. He couldn't catch a break.

>wife cheats on him
>then she dies in a motorcycle crash
>his sons die when his house burns down
>gets knocked from the charts by the Beatles
>by the 70s, he's playing at county fairs in front of 20 people
>then he has this miraculous late 80s comeback and...drops dead
>>
Bruce Springsteen worships him but idk.
>>
>>72358998
>wife cheats on him
>then she dies in a motorcycle crash

Karma always gets cheating whores.
>>
>>72359082
/r9k/ plz.
>>
>>72358998
Damn, that's fucking rough.

A lot of people in music looked up to him so much, how did he have it so rough?
>>
>>72359082
Orbison and his wife were pretty much just kids when they married (they were 19 and 16) because...it was the 50s and teen marriage was common in that era. People who marry at that young of an age tend to be too immature to hold it together very long. After they reconciled, his wife smashed into a truck while they were out biking and that was the end of her.

Getting back to music topics, he was always adamant about not using edits or studio overdubs, he insisted on recording everything live in one take. Later on, he was re-popularized by Van Halen's covers because David Lee Roth was a fan of Orbison and to that end, their first two albums were recorded the same way: live in no more than two takes.

After 1965, his star fell in the US but he still continued to be popular in Europe to the end of the decade. By the 70s, he was almost completely forgotten.
>>
>>72359236
A lot of artists from the 50s-early 60s era didn't have it so good and a bunch died young or hardly made any income. Recorded music didn't print money the way it would after 1965, although Roy Orbison made some sound real estate investments so he was financially comfortable from the late 60s onward (lucky for him because he sure wasn't making anything from record sales or concerts by that point).
>>
CANDY COLORED CLOWN THEY CALL THE SANDMAN
>>
One of the best. My favorite of the Sun Records crew.

Mystery Girl is a classic album.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2hoqgDtxzY
>>
>>72358840
Listing to Roy Oebison's MONUMENT recordings
>>
File: 8-1458053644.jpg (37KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
8-1458053644.jpg
37KB, 640x396px
>>72359432
YOU FUCKER
>>
The whole idea of being an introverted betamax who fears girls was kind of a new wrinkle at the time and the polar opposite of Elvis's macho rock stud, for all the world that it was slightly fake since Orbison by his own admission wasn't all that lonely or beta IRL.
>>
>>72358840
I honestly cant think of music that it more fucking boring
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.