[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8740.jpg (151KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8740.jpg
151KB, 600x600px
I don't know why, but I really like this album. The sound is super cluttered, and it's shot love, buts it's just so damn good. My only pro Alex with it is that there are no real bangers, and every song is basically as good as the next one. It's just so beautifully mediocre, but so good.

Lowkey 8/10
>>
no, that's just obnoxious
>>
>>72358720
Fuck off
>>
It isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It does sound a tad bit autistic, but it still has a place in my heart because this album was their comeback after getting Deakin back and overcoming Avey's drug habits. Before I saw them live for the first time, I listened to this and was a bit unsure of it all, but the tour for this album was fucking great. It was like AnCo reunited for the first time in a while after getting some nice gear and blew everyones faces away as a full band. Having Panda on drums was also pretty cool.
>>
Did they sample Lactose and Lecithin on New Town Burnout?
>>
Loved it since the initial early stream. The accompanying /mu/ thread was classic. Two weeks later the p4k review came out and everyone just called it "burrito-core" and dropped it.

I saw them on that tour as well, and it was fucking awesome. Saw them on this last tour and it was okay. The hocketing live was kinda cool I guess.

Anyway yeah it's cluttered, but I think it fits in their discography perfectly. Great followup to MP, and brings some of the abrasiveness of SJ back in. PW is mostly forgettable to me though.
>>
>>72359248
This

Only newfags don't know that this album is a fucking classic, but fucking p4k ruined it with that garbage review. Practically everyone on the stream threads loved it. Shit I remember making a bootleg recording too. I even submitted a playlist.

Faggots don't know that this is their best album after MPP and SJ
>>
>>72359248
>>72359368
Forgot to say I also saw them on that tour.

In Austin. What a killer show.
>>
>>72359368
>Feels not top three

Easiest way to spot a pleb.
>>
>>72359368
I don't know that I'd go so far as to say that is the definitive top 3, but that three album run definitely fits together, so it makes sense that someone would develop a taste for that era. I used to feel the same, but I took a lot of time with their older releases over the years and appreciate what Sung Tongs, Campfire Songs, and Hollindagain are and what they say for Animal Collective's overall potential.

I don't think that CHz was a misstep at all. PBMTGR and PW were the missteps. Luckily Deak got them back on track with Sleep Cycle, which seems to have pushed Geo and Avey in the right direction. I hope this ushers in a new era where Animal Collective strips their sound back down. I think they've explored pretty much all they can in terms of pop maximalism.
>>
>>72358835
Agreed! The first time I listened to this album, I hated it. Then I saw their set at Bonnaroo 2013 and hearing it live blew my mind. Every time I hear this album, my mind goes back to that show. Ahh, sweet memories.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.