[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radiohead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: kidA.jpg (111KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
kidA.jpg
111KB, 640x640px
why is Radiohead such overrated garbage? I've listened to Kid A, In Rainbows, and most of OK Computer but it's so unbearable. Is this some sort of ironic meme?
>>
Youre boring
>>
>>72358552
>implying Radiohead's discography is anything more than boring
>>
U2 vengeance thread detected.
>>
>>72358833
yo, fuck U2, fuck Radiohead
>>
>>72358539

I'm a fan of Radiohead but I left the "They're incredible" phase a few years ago. Kid A is starting to sound dated, but when I first heard it it was mindblowing. Granted, I've never liked OK Computer, and I imagine that had I listened to it only a few years earlier I would have had a period of loving it just as I did Kid A.

I think most music that is hyped to this level is progressive upon it's release, and that always becomes a double edges sword down the road.

In general I think Thom is more melodramatic than people are willing to admit. But I like them all the same.
>>
you know you can not like something without being a cunt about it
>>
>I dont like it
>Therefore it is objectively bad and anyone who likes it is wrong

I remember being a teenager too
>>
>>72359498
Youve got shit taste
>>
>>72359498
>I'm a fan of Radiohead
>I've never liked OK Computer
I read this in Trump's voice.
>>
>>72358539
I´ve tried so many times to like Radiohead but it´s impossible.

For me is one, if not the most overrated band out there.
People just like it because people say its amazing.
>>
>>72358539
Not unbearable, but bland as fuck for sure in my case.
>>
>>72360305
>I´ve tried so many times to like Radiohead but it´s impossible.
Girls liked the Radiohead guys so I tried to fake it.
>For me is one, if not the most overrated band out there.
My efforts failed, my ego collapsed, therefore reality must be inverted.
>People just like it because people say its amazing.
Everyone is wrong but you.
>>
>>72360305
you know, everybody has bands they don't like, you don't have to be a little crybaby about it
>>
>>72358539
It's pretentious trash
>>
Listen to A Moon Shaped Pool, it's the only full Radiohead album I enjoyed. Other then that, a few singles are great from Kid A and Amnesiac, but otherwise they are very overrated. Especially OK Computer.
>>
>>72360597
Listen to Scatterbrain and point out the lack of feeling.
>>
File: 1491272608169.jpg (39KB, 668x729px) Image search: [Google]
1491272608169.jpg
39KB, 668x729px
>>72358539
>OP
>>
>>72358539
>>72360305
I used to think this way exactly, then I was driving home listening to Radiohead once and it smacked me across the face. It's like it all clicked. Just wait
>>
>>72360636
Radiohead will save the world, song by song.
>>
I went into Radiohead completely blind to what people thought of them a while back and listened to some of their albums
I really fuckin liked Kid and OK Computer, and HTTT might be my favorite of theirs
I don't really get how people rag on them so much for being "overrated" and yet nigger rap on youtube gets hundreds of millions of hits daily
>>
>>72360707
Obvious frog attempt to slyly associate Radiohead with racism.
GTFO, cockroach creep.
>>
File: 1492210520672.jpg (58KB, 541x566px) Image search: [Google]
1492210520672.jpg
58KB, 541x566px
>>72360753
>cockroach
I'm American not a gross fuckin Turk
>>
>>72360030
>>72360217

The first four songs off of OK computer are some of their best, but the rest save for perhaps no surprises are so incredibly heavy handed.

For the record,

Kid A > Both Discs of In Rainbows > Amnesiac > TKOL Sessions including Staircase Etc. > The Bends > AMSP > Ok Computer > HTTT > Pablo
>>
>>72360783
QED
>>
>>72360610
this nigga gets it
not that I dont like OKC or Kid A,they have their own thing I guess, I even like some songs from OKC but it has to convice me fully yet
but man,A Moon Shaped Pool does its job in getting warm with the band,even tasting a little bit the rest of their discography,I've always given AMSP a listen from time to time and finally enjoying some material from them,even when you try with their most influential records
>>
Even if their music was good, their fans make me want to vomit. Just the thought of talking with someone who loves radiohead is enough to keep me as far away from that band as possible.
>>
Who do you like? Show yourself.
>>
Take your time ... Gather your friends ...
>>
>>72359498
calling album that is almost twenty years old "dated"

good one
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.