[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 29

File: muunpopularopinions.png (5KB, 291x276px) Image search: [Google]
muunpopularopinions.png
5KB, 291x276px
I like Grimes's music, but I don't think it's perfect, and I hate waifuposters.
This opinion is unpopular because everyone on this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion. There is no middle ground.
>>
I don't like U2
>>
I like Music
>>
In The Fade is one of the worst songs off of Rated R, and Monsters In The Parasol is the best.
>>
>>72356280
yeah what's up with that? I feel like the rage must be in response to the waifufagging because she's really just "pretty good." Nothing to get all pissed off about except the waifufags themselves.
>>
Not only do I love Muse, but I even like their recent albums.
>>
File: Volt.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Volt.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>72356280
>because everyone on this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes
She released a two 6's, a 7, and an 8.

Is that middle ground enough?

But anyway Volta > Medulla
>>
>>72356400
>6's-8's/10
>middle ground
Anon, did you take math when you were in high school? Or grade school? Or kindergarten?
>>
>Kanye west is overrated
>Kendrick Lamar is overrated but still much better than the majority of rappers
>rock music is generic and boring
>metal is an immature genre
>>
PinkBlack is fucking terrible.
>>
>>72356395
I feel you.
>>
>>72356280
I like X&Y and I think it's Coldplay's magnum opus.
>>
>>72356280
I agree
She looks like an ogre honestly
But , it comes from an overreaction from both sides
>>
weezer is shit

pop punk is actually unforgivable and it just proves that you don't listen to enough music because if you did you wouldn't need to listen to such a low form of music

i don't like the majority of white light white heat

indie folk is boring

blues is pretty kid

there's no such thing as patrician pop

patrician, pleb, and contrarian are just buzzwords with no weight in an argument

old hip hop > 2010s hip hop

british can't make punk music

british can't make reggae or ska

british were the best at making psychedelic music in the 60s since the other band's at the time were just making rock/rhythm and blues and not heavily experimenting with song structure, vocals/chants, etc

no wave is good

it takes talent to make a noise album you listen to more than three times

minneapolis had better punk bands than new york and la
>>
>>72356779
I heavily agree with everything here up until the British stuff and some stuff thereafter
>>
>>72356828
nothing against the british in particular but the buzzcocks, the clash, and sex pistols are not even close to american punk music. siouxsie and banshees are more raw and radical than them and they're considered post punk
>>
>>72356779
>blues is pretty kid
what did he mean by this
>british were the best at making psychedelic music in the 60s since the other band's at the time were just making rock/rhythm and blues and not heavily experimenting with song structure, vocals/chants, etc
who are the red krayola
pretty much agree otherwise
>>
>>72356894
SAY IT FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK.
God I cant stand the Sex Pistols.

On the other hand. Subhumans and Rudimentary Peni are english and made some of the best punk albums ever. The Day the Country Died is flawless.
>>
>>72356611
The two 6 albums would technically be middle ground.

And either way it's more level than most peoples ratings on here for her ya condescending prick.
>>
>>72356894
I was actually thinking about agent orange and some other one offs with reggae and one two tone album .
Another thing here, third wave American ska is super shit
>>
>>72356911
i was reading the word kid when i was meaning to type good.

fuck dude red krayola is just what i've been looking for. very expressive lead singer thanks
>>
>>72356957
yes. fortunately i don't live with anyone that thinks third wave ska isn't a crime. nothing really beats lee scratch perrey for me
>>
>>72356647
>metal is an immature genre
opposite, it's way past its prime
>>
>>72357001
Yeah like i like dub too. My thing is that at the same time in Latin America and elsewhere in Europe and Asia , the actually moved it in a direction that was for fitting how it should have moved, of course they tried to live off their old glory days and became too self aware and made very shit stuff but itvwas nice what they made .
>>
>>72356946
Anon, the average of 6, 6, 7, and 8 is 6.75 - not 6.
>>
>>72357209
And again, that's closer to 'middle ground' than a lot of other's rate it on here.

At least I'm not panning every release or giving all of them 10/10 like OP claims people do.
>>
>>72356280
I unironically like Train
>>
>>72357345
lyrical madness second only to scooter
>>
>>72356280
>everyone on this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion. There is no middle ground.
Lol I'm part of the middle ground you mistakenly think doesn't exist (because of participation bias and all that.) I love Grimes' music, think she's an okay person, and am not a waifuposter.
>>
>>72356779
>weezer is shit
Fucking this

Also Radiohead is a pretentious band for pretentious autists
>>
>>72357507
also pretentiousness doesn't necessarily make a band wholly bad
>>
>>72357507
I only like supercollider
>>
>>72357568
It's not a bad band, but it certainly doesn't deserve all the wankery it gets. Kid A isn't one of the best albums of all time, but since it has a 2deep feeling to it people hold it on some pedestal like it's God's gift to man.
>>
>>72356280
>I like Grimes's music, and I hate waifuposters
>everyone on this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion

are you retarded
>>
DAMN. really isn't that good.

I don't mind listening to Top 40 music but most of it really is shit.

I like U2.
>>
Neutral Milk sucks
>>
File: IMG_1834.jpg (577KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1834.jpg
577KB, 1500x1500px
This album is terrible. I can't get more than three tracks into it. I don't understand how you people even like it
>>
>>72356779
Edgy
>>
Fantano is a pretty cool guy
>>
I don't like Madvillainy at all
>>
>>72359380
ay mate that's cool and all but this is an opinions thread, not a falsehoods one.
>>
>>72359196
You're actually retarded. The first 3 tracks are the best tracks.
>>
>>72356280
I'm the middleground, but I lean towards liking her.
>>
>>72356280
The Beatles was the best band ever.
>>
Prog is too nerdy and most prog fans I meet are stubborn manchildren.
>>
>>72356280
kpop is shit
>>
I like James Blunt
>>
Oasis has 3 10/10 albums
>>
I like Youth & Young Manhood but I prefer King's of Leon's later albums. WALLS and Mechanical Bull are in no way inferior to their early works.
>>
>>72359380
if you can get over his poor tastes he's actually quite fun to watch
>>
>>72359196
it was my favorite album once. then i turned 19 and stopped taking acid
>>
Plastic Beach by Gorillaz is not only the best album by Gorillaz but one of the best albums of the decade.
>>
>>72356280

>Lyrics are almost all very bad.

>Hip-hop is less mature than metal, which actually has many very good albums while hip-hop has a handful, most of which are instrumental

>/mu/-core is about as mature as metal on average and the only reason /mu/ hates metal so much more is because they are a certain genetic type of person with anti-masculin tendencies

>given the above, nu-males totally exist, totally pervade /mu/, and are basically a genetic archetype of person consisting of faggy guys.

>There are only two black musical geniuses: Ornette Coleman and Charles Mingus

>Jimi Hendrix is considered the greatest guitar player ever because he is a black person, and would be considered merely good if he were white, sort of akin to the status of Eric Clapton

>Almost no popular music before WWII is worth listening to except as a historical relic.

>The worst post-WWII musical period is from late 1974 to early 1976

>All rock musicians in the 1950s, including Chuck Berry, Bo Didley, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, et cetera; are talentless jokes.

>Michael Jackson, Prince, the Beatles, every member of Pink Floyd except for Syd Barrett, the Beach Boys and David Bowie are all talentless freaks

>David Bowie's Berlin trilogy should be credited to Brian Eno as the main artist.

>Jazz and classical music have about as many tired cliches as rock music does and aren't actually higher quality than rock on a large scale.
>>
>>72356894
>>72356938
Lydon redeemed himself with PiL.
>>
>>72359971
What about Piñata? You may just not like Doom.
>>
>>72356280
>I hate waifuposters.
>everyone on this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion. There is no middle ground.
so you hate yourself?
>>
>>72356302
Not to be that guy, but have you listened to their earlier stuff?
>>
>>72360158
Be Here Now is NOT a 10/10. Or are you talking about The Masterplan.
>>
>>72360398
You are saying some things that can be objectively wrong and non-sensical.

>Jazz and classical music have about as many tired cliches as rock music does and aren't actually higher quality than rock on a large scale.

But this? This is just taking a shit after you ate that shit before
>>
>>72360398
why do i get the impression you're a divorced 35 year old
>>
File: 1491524038399.jpg (86KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491524038399.jpg
86KB, 500x375px
>>72356400
Visions and Art Angels are 10/10 and actually the best albums of the decade!
>>
My Chemical Romance was the best rock band of the 2000s
>>
File: tumblr_ojoshlnKbV1tp9x5lo1_1280.jpg (403KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojoshlnKbV1tp9x5lo1_1280.jpg
403KB, 1200x1200px
>>72356758
Goddess take on many forms. Some of them may resemble ogres to the uninitiated. But we do not scorn the unenlightened for their folly. No, we pity them, for they lack the eyes to see the world as it is.
>>
>Souvlaki is better than loveless
>radiohead are overated
>indie rock is the most uninspired genre of music.
>>
Nine Inch Nails is not as edgy as you lot told me it was. It's depressingly real with exception to the Broken and TDS period, especially Fragile onwards.
>>
Courtney Love blows...

..her husband's band out of the water. She's a total fucking nutcase and a true to form autist, but she is far more real than he ever was.
>>
Grimes posters are nice people that do god's work here.
>>
>>72356339
delete this
>>
The best;

Classical is chamber music
Jazz is hard hop
Rock is Kreatrock
Hip hop is turntablism
Techno is electro
House is acid
Breaks are oldskool hardcore
Traditional folk is throat singing
Regional music is dub
EAI is turntable music
>>
Deadmau5 > Aphex Twin
>>
The Chainsmokers > Death Grips
>>
I hate:
>The Beatles
>Nirvana
>Pink Floyd
>>
>>72362728
half of top 40 is better than most of garbage spammed here. indies fuckin dead
>>
El-P has contributed more to hip hop than any of the artists that get spammed here and its a crime that he's not widely considered one of the greatest artists in the genre.
>>
>kanye
>>
>>72356779
>i don't like the majority of white light white heat
God tier A Side, Shit tier B Side
>>
File: 1489002667000.png (3MB, 1384x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1489002667000.png
3MB, 1384x1264px
>>72362064
>>
>>72362744
This
>>
MBDTF would be much better without "Hell of a Life," "Blame Game," and many of the guest verses, namely Jay Z's.
>mfw LOOOVE
>>
File: AngelsOfLight_1200crop.jpg (166KB, 1200x549px) Image search: [Google]
AngelsOfLight_1200crop.jpg
166KB, 1200x549px
Angels of Light > Swans
>>
>>72360398
Are you 12?
>>
>Gangsta Rap has sucked out almost all the fun in rap, leading to most modern rap being overly serious and unpleasant

>The Grateful Dead were better in the studio than live

>The Velvet Underground was at its best when writing sweet songs, Sister Ray is one of the worst things they ever produced (whole Bside of white light/white heat actually)

>ITAOTS is a good album, but nothing more

>Only radiohead song worth listening to is creep

>The song 'Radiohead' by Talking Heads is better than anything Radiohead have ever made
>>
>>72362909
What do you consider gangsta rap? I consider artists like NWA, the Game, and Snoop Dogg to fit under that umbrella. I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by "sucked out almost all the fun in rap."
>>
>>72356280
i like Linkin Park?
>>
>>72363004
I feel like most modern rappers either just do mumble rap (which I hate) or try to copy those artists you listed, but worse. What I'm saying is a miss fun rap/hiphop.
>>
>>72360398
low tier bait
kys
>>
rap "music" and similar negro jungle beats can not be considered good by any standard and you've been brainwashed by Shlomo if you listen to any negro derivative
>>
Black people don't make good music.
>>
>>72361789
This response is super cringe
Someone screencap this for the cringe threads
>>
>>72361865
What is reggaeton?
>>
>>72356779
>british can't make punk music

Define punk. it's just a different than american punk but it's still punk. and IMO far more open minded and experimental then american punk

>british can't make reggae or ska

do you mean first wave ska? because second wave is exclusively british and imo way better than the 1st wave. and third wave is american pop punk crossover cancer
>>
>>72356280
>is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion
You're an idiot. There's a third category: people who genuinely like her music. Apparently you're just a waifuposter.
>>
dj screw invented vaporwave
>>
>>72363489
>IMO far more open minded and experimental then american punk
This. Try getting bands like Crass in american punk
>>
>>72363512
John oslwald
>>
Load and ReLoad is Metallica's best musical output.
>>
>>72356345
>she's really just "pretty good."
"Pretty good", "bad", "amazing", "good", "decent" are all subjective terms. We're dealing with music, which can't be judged objectively except stating some basic facts (this song has 3 chord changes etc). An artist should be judged by the impact of their music, not some bullshit "objective" criteria.

Speaking of her, just a pretty good artist wouldn't get so much acclaim worldwide, wouldn't make people having strong emotions related to her work and her as a person, wouldn't be appreciated by other artists. Only a great artist could manage that. She's polarizing on /mu/, but really acclaimed outside of this board.
>>
>>72362584
lol you an alt-right "retro-gamer"?
>>
>>72362064
This.
>>
File: stereolab.jpg (19KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
stereolab.jpg
19KB, 400x384px
>>72356779
>there's no such thing as patrician pop
>>
File: (You).png (49KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
49KB, 216x216px
>>72356280
Anon, do you realize the fallacy of your post? Let's analyze it:

>I like Grimes's music, but I don't think it's perfect,
So, you like her music.

>and I hate waifuposters.
So, you hate waifuposters.

So, there are just 2 categories: waifuposter and hater. But wait a minute: you said you hate waifuposters, so technically you're a hater (you said there are just 2 options and no middle ground). But wait a second, you can't be a hater, because you said you like her music.

OP, WTF did you do here? Are you an idiot?
>>
>>72356779
most of music you know is pop
>>
>>72363627
he says he's part of the middle ground, there's a grey zone between haters and waifuposters like people who just like or don't like her music or have a completely neutral opinion on grimes. and that grey zone is wildly under represented on this board. don't act like you're smart fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>72363776
>he says he's part of the middle ground
>There is no middle ground.
WTF are you talking about, OP? Just admit your logic sucks. Also you can't pretend you're part of a middle ground while everyone else is either a waifuposter or a hater. That's arrogant and stupid.
>>
>>72363531

Right on the money. It was by far their most risk taking work that's for sure.
>>
Radiohead is only okay
>>
>>72363627
What are you? An idiot?
He clearly states most /mu/ either is a waifuposter or a Grimes hater.
But he doesn't hate Grimes, he likes her. But he's not a waifuposter, he dislikes them as well. This is possible.
I feel the same. Art Angels is one of my favorite albums, but I hate waifuposters, I think they ruin Grimes for other people by overblowing her like she was the first coming of God and is going to heal every single problem in the world, they're just annoying and make other people, that maybe would like her, to just hate her on principle.
>>
>>72363943
that's not an unpopular opinion
>>
File: 1454974614380.jpg (161KB, 469x600px) Image search: [Google]
1454974614380.jpg
161KB, 469x600px
>>72364010
>like she was the first coming of God
First coming was Jesus Christ. The second is Claire Boucher.
>>
Lyrics don't matter. They're as relevant to 2017 as poetry.

There is nothing wrong with using pitchfork and Fantano as a means to find music. They are more articulate in their understanding that your contrarian ass.

Grimes is just okay. Nothing remarkable about her artistically, physically, or personably.

Throwing in rudimentary left wing political opinions into your song only weakens it. You're a millennial artist, we know exactly what you think politically before you even open your mouth.

If you post in threads you don't like or knowingly reply to shitposts, you are weak willed and deserve your multi-year 4chan malaise.

Millennial grown men who are uncreative and/or have shitty self-management skills should just kill them selves before they waste more resources.
>>
>>72364010
>He
It's you, the OP.

Are you fucking stupid? Read again:

>This opinion is unpopular because EVERYONE on this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion. There is no middle ground.

Everyone means everyone. Everyone includes the OP. Hence >>72363627 You can't say you're part of a middle ground while saying that everyone (including you) can't be part of a middle ground.

Stop trying to defend your idiocy. Learn some logic.
>>
Videogames are the cancer. Literature is the answer.
>>
>>72364124
I'm not the OP, but I agree with his point.
What are you? An English teacher? Of course it's not EVERYONE, just the vast majority.
Which is why it's an "unpopular" opinion and not a "non-existent" opinion.
Use common sense.
>>
>>72364171
>Of course it's not EVERYONE, just the vast majority.
If it's not literally everyone on /mu/, then why not
>This opinion is unpopular because the vast majority of this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion.
?

Everyone =/= vast majority, ffs.

>An English teacher?
English is not even my first language.
>>
>>72364281
>This opinion is unpopular because the vast majority of this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion.
Yes, that's the argument.

You're taking things too literaly, bro.
Relax
>>
>>72364295
>You're taking things too literaly, bro.
Maybe. I'm a programmer. But the OP seems like a smug anyway. It's like he's the only one who likes her music and everyone else (hmmmm, the vast majority) is either a waifuposter or a hater. That's stupid and false.

I have no evidence, but I believe that most of her fans actually like her music. Her songs are really likeable.
>>
>>72364341
I'm also a programmer, but this isn't a program,
Also, I think the problem is not if they like her music or not. I think the problem is they overhype her and force her down our throat.
And some of them get overly defensive over any remark.
>>
>>72364427
>I'm also a programmer, but this isn't a program,
Actually the whole board itself is a program. There are programs running on their servers. Now seriously, that first post has a blatant logic error.

>Also, I think the problem is not if they like her music or not. I think the problem is they overhype her and force her down our throat.
So what? Many other popular artists are overposted. I'm sick of Radiohead, NMH, Kanye and other meme artists but I just filter or ignore anything related to them. Anyone could do that.

>And some of them get overly defensive over any remark.
This board is not suited to immature teenagers who get annoyed if other anons "defend" their favorite artist. If the first category insult the favorite artist of the second category, what the hell they would expect? Congrats? It's like insulting your taste. Some people take that personally.
>>
File: GST.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
GST.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
Great Southern Trendkill is Pantera's best album and it isn't even close
>>
>>72356400
>Volta > Medulla
this
>>
Mariah Carey's new song "I don't" song is kinda alright
>>
>>72364341
>>72364281
>>72364124
>>72363627
oh my god is this really how you want to spend your time
>>
>>72364567
>Actually the whole board itself is a program. There are programs running on their servers. Now seriously, that first post has a blatant logic error.
Yes, that's totally what I meant and not that the guy writting the OP isn't a program and, therefor, not locked to the sintax that programs and, clearly, you are.
>So what? Many other popular artists are overposted.
I agree, but the conversation was about Grimes, never did I claim this was a isolated problem.
>If the first category insult the favorite artist of the second category, what the hell they would expect? Congrats? It's like insulting your taste.
Again, agreed. But it's to the point that if someone says Grimes is a 8/10 (meaning they like it very much) there's still people coming around defending her and making as if the guy said any insult. This isn't Grimes exculsively, but they seem to be the more vocal group.
>>
>>72363388
No. We do not speak that name here.
>>
>>72364124
You are taking what he stated too literally.
>>
>>72364756
>But it's to the point that if someone says Grimes is a 8/10 (meaning they like it very much) there's still people coming around defending her and making as if the guy said any insult.
I read lots of Grimes threads and that happened rarely. This is clearly not a common issue. Some people overpraise her ("the best artist ever!") more to counteract the vitriolic hate she gets from clueless haters. Newton was right:
>For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
>>
>>72364848
>>72364341
>>
>>72364750
Yes. It's my choice in the same way your choice was to shitpost here. Your post adds nothing valuable, hence it's a waste of time.
>>
File: elo.jpg (107KB, 468x470px) Image search: [Google]
elo.jpg
107KB, 468x470px
Not even being inducted to the Rock and Roll HOF makes up for how criminally underrated this band is.
>>
File: 2tsdGdT.gif (900KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
2tsdGdT.gif
900KB, 500x600px
>If you're older than 18 and still listen to hip hop you're a mega pleb
>Mac DeMarco and Tame Impala is teenage girl core, and if you like them you're a faggot
>Almost all metal is for edge lords (Excluding 70's Heavy Metal and Atmospheric Black Metal)
>Katy Perry>Taylor Swift
>>
>>72365801
ELO is fucking great dude
>>
File: redkrayola.jpg (3KB, 220x207px) Image search: [Google]
redkrayola.jpg
3KB, 220x207px
This is Red Krayola's best album. Way better than Parable, but Parable is still really good
>>
>>72356280
i miss dubstep
>>
File: 61zm7e+Q8CL._SL1417_.jpg (97KB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
61zm7e+Q8CL._SL1417_.jpg
97KB, 1417x1417px
>>72356779
faggot
>>
>>72365801
ELO fucking sucks dude
>>
>>72356280
deadmau5 makes decent music when he isn't making 'EDM bangers'.
>>
>>72365977
Ok, I'll bite. Why?
>>
File: fear-of-music.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fear-of-music.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
This is better than Remain in Light
>>
>>72366034
Shitty 70's corporate dadpop that tries too hard to be the Beatles without understanding what made the Beatles so good.
>>
>>72356647
I second all of this. Rock is fucking boring and repetitive, I think Kanye West is one of the best producers and composers to ever do it, but his lyrics suck donkey ass, I love Kendrick but even at that he's overrated, and all metalfags are pretentious manchildren who think they're special
>>
>>72366076
Suspected this. They started off being a lot like the Beatles, but Jeff Lynne was a great song writer, one of John Lennon's favorite tracks to listen to was Showdown. Once they started doing their own thing is when the magic started happening. If you haven't listened to the Discovery Album yet, you definitely should. It's their most "non-Beatles" album in my opinion.
>>
>>72356779
Last one is true as fuck.
>>
>>72366185
I've listened to it. Jeff Lynne was a hack.
>>
>>72356779
oh shit, I think you just teleported behind me
>>
>>72356280
Of Monsters and Men, The Lumineers, and Run River North are good.
>>
Fuck rock and rap

/bleep
>>
>>72366232
Let's agree to disagree. He's one of the best songwriters to come out of the 70's.
>>
>>72366262
Nope. Only good stuff he wrote was in the Idle Race.
>>
File: 1492197323199.jpg (10KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1492197323199.jpg
10KB, 228x221px
>>72360398
Who are you trying to impress?
>>
File: 1268891287892.jpg (30KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
1268891287892.jpg
30KB, 337x404px
>>72365801
>Underrated
>Not in the RRHOF
>From 1972 to 1986, ELO accumulated twenty Top 20 songs on the UK Singles Chart, and fifteen Top 20 songs on the US Billboard Hot 100. The band also holds the record for having the most Billboard Hot 100 Top 40 hits, 20, of any band in the US chart history without having a number one single. In April 2017, ELO were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I believe the word you're looking for is Dated.
>>
File: 1448628268864.jpg (25KB, 353x353px) Image search: [Google]
1448628268864.jpg
25KB, 353x353px
>Bad as Me is better than Rain Dogs
>The Final Cut is Pink Floyd's one of the best albums
>Coil is a pleb version of Einstürzende Neubauten
>>
>>72366251
Fuck bleep actually
>>
I don't like neutral milk hotel
>>
>>72366064
Not an unpopular opinion. Neither is saying 77>RiL.
>>
File: 1492321203815.gif (3MB, 306x330px) Image search: [Google]
1492321203815.gif
3MB, 306x330px
>>72361789
>>
>>72366327
>The Final Cut is Pink Floyd's one of the best albums

I'm sorry for the loss of your father
>>
Can someone explain what bleep is?
>>
>>72359192
i 100% agree
>>
>>72366694
Americans listen to rap, Europeans listen to club music
>>
>>72361737
maybe not the best, but they're up there. people too often shun them away as some shitty pop-rock/emo stunt, when in reality their first 2-3 albums are killer.
>>
>>72359192
This! Chocolate milk is so much better.
>>
>>72364621
yes
>>
>>72362765
my man
>>
>>72362485
:turnystop:
>>
>>72365994
define 'EDM banger'
>>
>>72356280
Kanye is boring and not that special.
>>
>>72356779
>>72366211
I live in St. Paul and don't know of much if any MN punk. Who are the punk bands/artists you're referring to?
>>
Curve are way better than Slowdive or My Bloody Valentine.
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 1200x720px
This guy sings like a dying cat.
>>
>>72366560
I'm sorry you lack empathy.
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>72356280 I don't like Pinkerton and I think it's overrated
>>
File: A-5373-1274614224.jpeg.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
A-5373-1274614224.jpeg.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>72367202
This. Curve are so underrated.
>>
>>72362765
True. RTJ aside,
>Fantastic Damage
>I'll Sleep When You're Dead
>Cancer 4 Cure
All amazing albums. Also he produced In Cold Vein. His stuff with Mr. Lif and Aesop Rock are also great.
And I already mentioned it, but Run the Jewels are also bretty good.

Man should be legend, like an underground Kanye.
[spoiler]I'd also argue he's a better producer/rapper/lyricist than Kanye[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1491871482812.jpg (213KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1491871482812.jpg
213KB, 857x1202px
>>72356280
>>
>>72362836
I agree, Jay Z's verses were pretty weak.
>Blame Game
No, that song is GOAT. Including the 2.5 minutes of chris rock
>>
>>72368006
lol so epic xD
>>
I listened to Brand New and... I didn't think there was anything special about it. I mean it didn't sound bad to me necessarily but I couldn't find anything about their music that was any better than something Red Jumpsuit Apparatus or early Fall Out Boy or any other normie "emo" band might have put out.
>>
>>72360398
wow ur cool and diffrent
>>
>>72366936
>definte 'EDM banger'

2448 is the prime example of this on his latest album. I would much rather an album of stuff like 'Deus Ex Machina' and 'Whelk Then' than the current progressive house stuff he mostly makes. Some of it is ok, but just doesn't particularly interest me anymore.
>>
File: 1491488808464.jpg (42KB, 674x479px) Image search: [Google]
1491488808464.jpg
42KB, 674x479px
After dozens of listens I still can't even begin to understand the praise Loveless gets. I can think of a ton of shoegaze albums that are infinitely better without contest.
>>
>>72368064
They're more along the lines of Taking Back Sunday. Much closer to pure punk than Fallout Boy ever was, but yeah, they're not something incredible. If you like that kind of music you'll like Brand New though.
>>
>>72368027
I liked the beat but the song just had this contrived quality about it that made it hard to enjoy. I liked the Chris Rock part though
>>
>>72356311
underrated
>>
Trout Mask Replica is as much art as someone smearing shit on a canvas
>>
>>72360398
when will the
>LOL ENO MADE THE BERILN TRILOGY
die?
>>
File: ali_g_rezurection.jpg (260KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
ali_g_rezurection.jpg
260KB, 620x412px
>>72356395
U wot m8
>>
I actually enjoy early Barenaked Ladies albums.
>>
I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.
>>
>>72357044
He means its for immature people, not that the genre hasn't developed.
>>
>>72366327
>The Final cut is one of Pink Floyd's best albums

Roger is that you?
>>
>>72362735
whats it like being an edgy teenager?
>>
I like Animal Collective - Painting With.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.