[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make my recordings more lo-fi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: starry cat.jpg (116KB, 830x1200px) Image search: [Google]
starry cat.jpg
116KB, 830x1200px
Does anyone have any tips on how to make recordings more lo-fi? I'm considering buying an old ass web-cam because one time I heard someone playing guitar through it and it sounded really lo-fi. Not sure where I would buy it tho.
>>
play the finished product through speakers of your preferred amount of fucked and record the playback
>>
why do you want to? that being said, record it with your phone, send it to your computer, convert that to mp4 and then mp3, and then change the quality to a lower kbps
>>
If you have an electric guitar and earbuds, play your shit through them into the pickups and record that. Sounds like absolute shit.
>>
Put your shit through a amp
boom
>>
>>72355803
>>72355817
I like lo-fi music lol I might try doing some tunes and recording them when I get the time
>>72355854
thanks lol
>>72355858
thanks
>>
>>72355769
have a fan on in the background when you record, sounds like tape hiss
>>
>>72356036
thanks
>>
>>72355769
tape recorder
>>
>>72356613
Yes, I've thought about that. If i can get one i'll do it that way.
Don't know where I could buy a bunch of tapes tho.
>>
tape recorder and then hold the tape over a lighter
>>
>>72356760
Why the lighter?
>>
Download tape hiss from youtube and multitrack it.
If you have an EQ, dropping all the highs and lows and leaving only the mids makes it sound SUPER low-fi.
>>
>>72358206
>>
>>72356736
Tascam Portastudio. You can buy fresh tapes on the internet from places like duplication.ca. you'll spend about $200 on set up but it's worth it. You can also fake it by playing back your finished product into a common Japanese dual deck (with or without noise reduction is your choice) but the trained ear can tell the diff between a Portastudio and digital recordings. Either way just do what feels right most people won't even notice as long they hear tape hiss and muffled highs
>>
>>72358259
Thanks, mate. I appreciate all tips.
>>
>you're the reason I believe in ghosts comes on

10/10 comfy
>>
>>72358393
yes lol i love this album. the last three tracks are my favorites.
>>
whatever happened to birdtapes and these guys? elvis depressedly and all those people
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.