[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does colored vinyl sound any different than the standard black?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: classic.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
classic.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
Does colored vinyl sound any different than the standard black?
>>
>>72350120
It sounds more colourful
>>
The soundstage is brighter
>>
It depends on the colour

Blue usually sounds very sad
Yellow sounds happy
Red sounds angry
And white sound like arcade fire
>>
>>72350120
Do it does not. Photo vinyl is what you have to avoid
>>
Avoid splatter vinyls of mixed colors, they sound confusing
>>
>>72350218
Really? Why? I have Blood Lust by Uncle Acid with the cover printed on the vinyl and it sounds a lot like the digital copy I have (shit but in a good way)
>>
A bit brighter. They often have very dynamic production. Of course this depends on the color of the record.
>>
From an Albini interview

>There's a theoretical point there, which is that polyvinyl chloride is colourless, so if you're adding something to it to colour it, then you're changing the chemistry of it slightly, and that has potential to make it sound not as good by having inclusions. Like if it's carbon black then there can be little granules of graphite or whatever. The biggest problem is that presses are set up to run black vinyl regularly, and if you have to clear the presses of the black vinyl, then put in the clear vinyl, then the presses have to come up to temperature from cold, and until they're operating at a stabilised temperature the pressings will not be filled properly. That is, you'll get much more surface noise. So, coloured vinyl typically sounds noisier than black vinyl because it has to be run in a special production run, during which the presses have not quite gotten up to temperature.
>>
>>72350448
Dude, incredible
>>
>>72350120
What kind of person would buy this?
>>
>>72350763
>not liking jason aldean
>>
>>72350763
i would
>>
>>72350364
albums tight as fuck
>>
>>72351613
Hell yeah it is. Best thing to happen to doom since Dopesmoker
>>
Old boots new dirt
>>
>>72350448
So what the first 100 or so wont sound as good?
>>
>>72350739
My Black Ass
>>
>>72350120
Underrated album desu

Excellent blending of styles on here, avant-garde yet poppy and accessible. Highly recommend
>>
>>72350448
can anyone here confirm whether he's right or full of shit?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.