[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Original vs Remasters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: DireStraits.png (181KB, 1887x815px) Image search: [Google]
DireStraits.png
181KB, 1887x815px
what is your opinion on remasters? Personally, a healthy amount of compression, stereo imaging and saturation/distortion makes a track sound more beautiful. I'm not talking about brickwall compression. There's absolutely no excuse for a track to not hit 0db.

What's your opinion /mu/?
>>
Really depends on a case by case basis.
>>
>>72350112
Have any examples?
>>
>>72350102
>There's absolutely no excuse for a track to not hit 0db

but that's wrong. If a track hits 0db in its digital representation means, in practice (ie non artificial examples like a fs/2 hz cosine with phase 0), that it's going to clip when it's converted to analog by the DAC. It doesn't matter when you're listening to hardstyle, but in less saturated music, like classical music, it's going to be awful and you're absolutely going to hear it if your ear isn't shit.

An example of this mistake is the nichijou OST.
>>
>>72350102
>There's absolutely no excuse for a track to not hit 0db.

The iPod generation, lads.
>>
>>72350102
gtfo loudness war fag
>>
>>72350613
Of course you're not going to clip classical music you idiot.
>>72350657
>>72350658
Have you listened to a song that wasn't compressed on individual audio tracks/buses before the final track have been sent to be mastered? It honestly sounds like shit. Compression gives a track punch, and harmonic distortion gives a track warmth.
>>
>>72350836
>Of course you're not going to clip classical music you idiot.
retard, it's not about clipping in the digital domain. Just by normalizing (no dynamic processing at all) to 0db you're going to clip when the signal gets to the DAC. learn to read.
>>
>>72350102
hi, this isen't ment as publication but to ask for advice
in cases like in this track of mine : https://soundcloud.com/gotchagang/gotcha-streets
the voice is grungy and unclear, what options in audacity can i use to smoothen it out and make more appealing, so far i only used equelizer..
>>
what are some examples of bad remasters?
>>
>>72351582
Jimi Hendrix
>>
>>72351582
megadeth, the 2004 remaster of rust in peace fucks with the source material
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.