[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any such thing as Experimental UK Garage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 69ed291e.jpg (51KB, 658x376px) Image search: [Google]
69ed291e.jpg
51KB, 658x376px
is there any such thing as Experimental UK Garage?
>>
>>72349597
these motherfuckers wanna slap "experimental" on everything god damn
>>
>>72349597
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkF89p6y2qo
>>
four tet, objekt, the list goes on
>>
>>72349627
I like it, I'm suprised they got away with a Marvin Gaye sample
>>
>>72349597
Name 10 UK Garage artists first, then I will answer your question

lmao at these kiddies who think knowing who Burial is is enough to know the genre
>>
>>72349678
El-B
Menta
Stanton Warriors
The Bug
Darkstar
Benga

the point of me asking is because I don't know the genre that well and I like a more niche sound, it seems like the genre of UK garage is to the UK as Rap is to the US, there is a bunch shit covering up the gold. The only reason I know Burial is because of this website.
>>
>>72349597
>>>72349678
>El-B
>Menta
>Stanton Warriors
>The Bug
>Darkstar
>Benga
>
>the point of me asking is because I don't know the genre that well and I like a more niche sound, it seems like the genre of UK garage is to the UK as Rap is to the US, there is a bunch shit covering up the gold. The only reason I know Burial is because of this website.

Literally who?
>>
>>72349816
>it seems like the genre of UK garage is to the UK as Rap is to the US
Huh?
>>
>>72349816
>it seems like the genre of UK garage is to the UK as Rap is to the US

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>72349816
sorry man but El-P is American and he does hip hop
>>
>>72350049
funny
>>
>>72349936
I meant not every artist is good or original, a lot of them are musicians who just jumped on to a fad and half assed it, using samples and effects that the mainstream wants to hear

>>72349999
so every garage artist is just good? there are not bad artists in this genre?
quad checked
>>
>>72350289
>a lot of them are musicians who just jumped on to a fad and half assed it, using samples and effects that the mainstream wants to hear
like?
>>
>>72350320
I don't fucking know, I look up recommended artists on old fucking music forums and they recommend these people and I hear it and it's fucking Vengaboys level trash, then the next person reccommends some fucking wub wub wub new dubstep shit and they all act like its fucking good
i just googled "best garage songs" and this song
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqfIvPQ8Dgo

was ranked number 1
and I am 99% sure you are going to say this is a good song, but please understand, this isn't the kind of music I like. I was introduced to the genre with Burial.
>>
>>72349617
this lls, experimental is not synonymous with good.
>>
>>72350453
did anyone say they wanted good music?
>>
Check out Filter Dread.
The guy is somewhere inbetween dubstep, garage and grime with his own unique twist on things. Highly recommended.
He's "filterdreaduk" on YT.
>>
File: angry-pepe.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
angry-pepe.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
>>72349597
>every song sounds the same
>>
>>72350453
you're the one being stupid as fuck here, lls mate
>>
>>72351280
He's right though

Experimental != good
>>
>>72351313
Who decide what's "good" and "fun" and what's not? Obviously not imbecile weebs from the slums of the internet.
>>
File: 3D render suicidal pepe.jpg (14KB, 358x398px) Image search: [Google]
3D render suicidal pepe.jpg
14KB, 358x398px
Reminder that Americans pronounce garage as
>Guh-Raadge
instead of
>Ga-ridge
>>
File: 1486193456589.jpg (45KB, 486x409px) Image search: [Google]
1486193456589.jpg
45KB, 486x409px
>>72351976
reminder that brits prounce yogurt as
>Yog-Errt
instead of
>Yoo-Gerrt
>>
>>72351976
Would you kill yourself over that?
What are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>72349597
Well, there's Future Garage. If you google it you'll hit loads of artists, mixes, podcasts etc.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.