[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we defend opinions we have that are generally considered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: c79861e.gif (962KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
c79861e.gif
962KB, 400x225px
Pic completely unrelated
>>
>>72349390
i think that when i shove poo in my butt it makes music that is greater than mozart
for one thing , it is more ethical
for two, it is for you
for three, for me
for four, when the poo is stuffed, filled to the brim with poo (because i put my poo in my poo to save on poo poo) then i put that poo stuffed poo into my already poo filled butt, it sounds like a foghorn eating poo

i rest my case
>>
I think woman are the inferior species. The fact that they need rights and laws in order to be equal with us is an oxymoron.
>>
File: hurley.png (402KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hurley.png
402KB, 500x500px
this is Weezer's 3rd best album
>>
>>72350071
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>72351390
that's not really controversial
>>
MC5 > Stooges
>>
>>72351351
>doesn't understand what "species" means while trying to sound smart
>>
>>72351450
>doesn't understand what "oxymoron" means while trying to sound smart
>>
>>72351351
>I think woman are the inferior species
???
>>
Kendrick Lamar has done nothing worthwhile and seems more interested in a message than putting out interesting music, as evidenced by his need on GKMC and TPAB to cloud up the music with annoying sound effects and bullshit that obfuscates the actual songwriting in an attempt to make it seem more experimental than it really is, without attention paid to how the sounds compliment each other.

And his albums lyrically are so hamfisted you might as well put up a giant neon sign pointing to the central idea of the album.
>>
MCR were on a whole other level compared to the emo garbage around them and I still fux with their music to this day
>>
>>72351450
>>72351476
>doesn't realize that women are not related with us and was implanted on this earth to screw our society thousands of years ago
>>
>>72351530
than what does that make hermaphrodites?
>>
/mu/ has bad taste
>>
>>72351552
A more recent species implanted on our planet to further confuse and destroy our planet.
>>
>>72351398
more like >>>/Orkut/
>>
>>72351572
Defend this opinion please
>>
A Moon Shaped Pool is miles better than In Rainbows, which is one of Radiohead's most pleb albums
>>
>>72351572
>>72351591
/mu/ is not one person. There are many people on this board with good taste
>>
>>72351609
>>72351591
i need to lurk like 2 hours to find something good everything other is some gay rock
>>
>>72351608

Agreed 100%.
>>
>>72351629

>some gay rock

pffffffffffffffffff
>>
>>72351629
When you come on often enough, you seem to automatically ignore the vast majority of content and cut straight to anything that interests you
>>
>>72351608
agreed
In Rainbows is Radiohead's third worst album, behind HTTT and Pablo Honey
>>
>>72351646

>behind HTTT

And that's my cue. Hail to the Thief is their best album IMO.
>>
>>72351523

I very much agree with this. For a long time I have considered Kendrick to be a mediocre rapper without much real talent. I am tired of people saying that, if you don't think Kendrick is good, then you don't know hip hop. Nonsense. Kendrick's music does not compare to classic hip hop at all. His flow is not good, he hardly ever spits great bars or verses, his music is just self-indulgent garbage. There's hardly any real vocal talent there. I will never understand, for instance, how people could praise a song as awful as "money trees", where he pukes all over the track with his awful vocal style.

Everyone says how Kendrick is so different, but his music is astonishingly bland sounding, both vocally and musically. Instead of pushing hip hop forward, he actually brings back the worst tendencies of late 90s west coast hip hop
>>
>>72349390

The Suburbs is better than Funeral. I feel like it explores similar themes but does it a lot better. The feeling of pained nostalgia and lost innocence.
>>
>>72351678
Christ, it's so refreshing to hear that. Not to mention his ego is so fucking massive that it paints him as almost completely unlikable on half of his tracks. TPAB has almost no replay value because of those gimmicky moments like the poem recitation, the Tupac interview (which I've only sat through maybe once or twice), that I just end up skipping half the album every time I try listening to it. That, and people/reviews almost always revere Kendrick's "storytelling" – if that's really what he wants, why doesn't he do scriptwriting? His music isn't anything that groundbreaking. It just seems like it's aimed at those types of pseudointellectuals that will harp on and on about what an album means without really justifying why it exists or what makes the music interesting. He never lets the music breathe (really, try listening to Mad City and hearing different sound effects every two seconds without getting annoyed as fuck. The words paint the picture for us, Kendrick. We're not as fucking stupid as you think we all are.) It just seems like bias of low expectations that Kendrick is considered such a savior in the hip-hop community.

>>72351646
Care to explain why? I'm interested.
>>
>>72351646
>>72351852
whoops, wrong reply. I meant >>72351671
>>
>>72351523
>>72351678

this is what happens when you're articulate enough to be contrarian but haven't figured out that if you end up on one extreme end you're being way too unfair and not as impartial as you should be for whatever reason.

age group for this type of specious bullshit is probably 16-21
>>
>>72351943
>expecting impartiality on a controversial opinions thread
>>
>>72352179
im not expecting it, im just joining in the conversation, im fully aware 4chan is cancer
>>
In The Fade is one of the worst songs on Rated R, and Monsters in the Parasol is the best
>>
>>72352197
I'll clarify then

I don't hate Kendrick at all, I think he has interesting ideas but his execution is middling a lot of the time. like, I love a lot of Wesley's Theory but then that stupid fucking phone call that was clever maybe the first time comes in and absolutely shits on the pace of the song and then I skip it every other time because it really adds nothing to the music

I'm not being impartial because 1) this is 4chan and the more extreme posts tend to garner more responses and 2) the near-ubiquitous sycophantry for Kendrick when his work clearly has its fair share of problems is annoying as fuck
>>
>>72352305
so you admit you're being intellectually dishonest for attention and to annoy the sycophants?

just because the premise is to be controversial doesn't mean you exaggerate your opinions to a state of irrationality so you and your previous comments here have more in line with the sycophants frankly

it's more challenging and admirable to create a controversial opinion that is logically sound
>>
>>72352457
>>72352457
>so you admit you're being intellectually dishonest for attention and to annoy the sycophants?

yeah basically, it's shitposting
>>
>>72352457
But I suppose I do agree with the last statement and will take that into consideration next time
>>
>>72351529
I was never into them or any other emo when it was big and I've only recently taken a listen to them. They're actually good.
>>
>>72352577
yeah i mean baiting people with shitposting is too easy, it's more based on childish emotion than anything

intellectually engaging people even if controversial opinions are plenty is generally more fun and stimulating

but do what you gotta do, i shitpost from time to time to because i cant be bothered
>>
>>72352801
>i shitpost from time to time to because i cant be bothered

yeah that's the impetus for doing it, I don't always have the time to delineate all the specifics of an opinion, plus I'm not even sure half the time anyone wants to read giant walls of text on here when it's not able to be tl;dr'd, and unfortunately most matters are that way. I am enjoying this conversation though, which is why I'm devoting this much time to it kek
>>
>>72352921
lol ok, when i shitpost though or when i see blatant shitposting it's usually not as detailed or as articulate as your posts here which is why i thought you were being sincere

i think the takeaway is that this board's format doesn't lend itself well to intelligent conversation but it's ok to try once in a while because some people here are willing to do so as well.

anyways peace, nice to have this convo
>>
>>72353035
>it's usually not as detailed or as articulate as your posts here which is why i thought you were being sincere

kek, that's why it works so well. take care
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.