[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/shugazi/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: shugazi mbv.jpg (232KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shugazi mbv.jpg
232KB, 1000x1000px
/shugazi/ general. comfy edition

how are you all enjoying the new slowdive /mu/?
>>
is Mazzy Star /shugazi/?
>>
File: a1553063423_10.jpg (92KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1553063423_10.jpg
92KB, 1200x1200px
This is great
>>
If I like Lush does that make me gay?
>>
>>72349359
the new slowdive is great.
The last 3 tracks make me feel like i'm listening to their old stuff.

>>72349519
From what i've heard, they are

>>72349584
it hasn't really clicked for me after 5 listens, but i definetely don't hate it
>>
>>72349676
you are in the shoegaze general my man, we are all gay
>>
>>72349519
yeah i'd say they definitely are

i just love their live performance on conan, especially her awkward reaction in the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfh7uvaoQ0
>>
File: NL034-Jan1973-detail.jpg (559KB, 1200x1613px) Image search: [Google]
NL034-Jan1973-detail.jpg
559KB, 1200x1613px
>tfw the best shoegaze album by year chart still isn't done
>>
People talk about how the only good song on STTIMS is Fade into You but I think Bells Ring, Five String Serenade, Into Dust, and the title track are pretty good as well, with the title track being on par with Fade into You.
>>
>>72349707
Im straight, and shoegaze is my go2 genre, and every homo i know listens to edm and "lana del rey" indie
>>
File: 1489462678270.jpg (127KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1489462678270.jpg
127KB, 633x758px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ND9Nhx5GM

>tfw no noise pop gf
>>
>>72350351
Second this. Youth Lagoon has been my go-to recently, but since detoxing from heroin I've drifted from the genre a little. too triggery, remembering those nods chipping paint off my radiator in my brooklyn apartment
>>
>>72350498
This is lame
>>
File: why-in-japanese.jpg (46KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
why-in-japanese.jpg
46KB, 500x333px
QUICK RUNDOWN since I really fucking love the album and have been listening almost nonstop since it came out.
The new Slowdive is everything a "comeback" album should be, it continues the sounds of each of their previous albums while still exploring new territory. Songs like Sugar For the Pill don't sound like anything they've ever done, they blend that open and ambient Pygmalion sound with straight-up pop rock songwriting. Then there are others that sound like they could have come from JFAD or Souvlaki, but the more I listen to ones like Everyone Knows and even Star Roving, they still have a fresh energy to them. They're not trying to make Souvlaki 2.0, and I think that's where a lot of the criticism comes from. "Hurr it sounds like nu-gaze, hurr it sounds like Diiv" is some bullshit; they've had 20 years to continue letting their sound mature and reflect on their now-classic early albums (especially since Neil has still been making music in that time). Albums like the new Jesus and Mary Chain are alright from a purely sonic point of view, but if I want to listen to the JaMC sound I'll just bump Psychocandy instead of a group of 40 ear olds trying to recreate a youthful album. The new Slowdive is more mature and nuanced that that, and it really has started to occupy its own spot. It doesn't sound too much like Souvlaki, or Pygmalion, or anything. It has its own feel.
Everyone Knows = Go Get It > Sugar = Falling Ashes > Slomo = Star Roving > Don't Know Why > No Longer Making Time
>>
Are there lyrics to the new Slowdive album? I ended up with a promo copy but there's nothing printed in it; I've deciphered some of the cleaner songs but there are parts where you can barely understand anything
>>
Might share a few links to get things going, a comfy shugazi thread is what the weekend needs

https://lume.bandcamp.com/
Here's some shoegaze from Illinois, good post-hardcore influence so you get a little bit of aggression in the rhythms but the guitars and vocals are still dreamy, not too noisy or riffy like a lot of crossover
>>
https://chasmssf.bandcamp.com/
Darker stuff from California, a bit of industrial influence so you get some HANL vibes, but nothing too extreme. Good production and female vocals, they've been touring with Deafheaven and some other big-name bands so I imagine they could get big in the future.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.