[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

humanz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 32

File: 1200x630bb.jpg (60KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1200x630bb.jpg
60KB, 630x630px
heyy, it's pretty good
>>
>>72347338
it's decent but bland and just makes me feel like damon's given up on the band
>>
>>72347338
3/10
>>
>>72347338
7.5/10
>>
Listening to it now. I loved the Youtube released-tracks ahead of the album, but overall...there is no "story." It's illogical. But humanz is just an assortment of tracks. Other albums have a clear story and ideology moving forward.
>>
>>72347874
>But humanz is just an assortment of tracks
So is Plastic Beach.
>>
File: 1424059359503.jpg (15KB, 520x416px) Image search: [Google]
1424059359503.jpg
15KB, 520x416px
I decided to listen to some of Demon Days while this was downloading and it completely ruined it for me
>>
Andromeda and She's My Collar are like the only songs that feel like Gorillaz. Everything else is not that good
>>
Too many collabs, not enough Gorillaz.
Not Gorillaz/20
>>
>>72347874
The story is a reality in which someone like Donald Trump wins the election and the world descends into chaos.
Damon himself described the record as a "party for the end of the world."
There's no linear progression, but there is a clear story and theme.
>>
>>72349700
>Damon doesn't sing enough so it doesn't sound like Gorillaz.

If you only want to listen Damon singing then try Blur.
>>
>>72350179
or you could try any other gorillaz release, all of which except for the fall are better than humanz
>>
>>72347338
I use a discrete 0 to 3 scale, and it's about a 2
>>
>>72351060
even The Fall is better than Humanz to be honest
>>
>>72351121
i actually haven't listened to it in years, you're probably right
>>
>>72351121
haha no
>>
>>72351060
The Fall is not that bad. Amarillo is great
>>
>>72347338
4/10
>>
Been listening to it non stop since the leak, it's not as bad as everyone is making it to be. It's just a bit more mainstream, the lyrics are spot on as always. Better than the fall in my opinion, but not the rest.
>>
I listen to lots of different kinds of music so the fact that they changed the sound a lot more doesn't really matter to me. I'm very open minded. Over all I really enjoyed the album.

Ascension - 9/10
Strobelite - 7/10
Saturnz Barz - 9/10
Momentz - 7/10
Submission - 4/10
Charger - 9/10
Andromeda - 10/10
Busted and blue - 5/10
Carnival - 6/10
Let me out - 8/10
Sex murder party - 7/10
She's my collar - 9/10
Hallelujah money - 9/10
We got the power - 7/10
>>
File: 1410864435541.jpg (14KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1410864435541.jpg
14KB, 300x199px
>tfw charger
>tfw she's my collar
>>
Sucks that there are only like 2 tracks on it without features
>>
>>72352098
Huh. I love submission.
>>
>>72352165
The beat doesn't change at all, plus I dont like the rapper.
>>
>>72347338
4/10 imo.

Competent but unremarkable.
>>
Most Gorillaz sounding songs

>Momentz
>Charger
>Andromeda
>She's got my collar
>Hallelujah money
>>
is a decent quality version out yet?
>>
>>72352165
same, it's nice
>>
>>72352404
>no busted and blue
I understand if its not your thing but it's definitely the Tomorrow Comes Today/El Manana/Empire Ants of this album and very much Gorillaz.
>>
>>72352404
I can agree with Charger (even though I don't like it) and Andromeda but I honestly don't even remember how the others sound. If I remember correctly She's My Collar probably fits the category as well

The difference between this album and Plastic Beach is that Humanz is just so many different vibes of music thrown into one album, at least Plastic Beach managed to stay cohesive and sound generally consistent even with how many featured artists it had.
>>
album stream on youtube, i think it sound better compared to the leaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQFNncIR8iU
>>
>>72349735
So it is just the whinging of a gigantic cuck that is going to be assblasted because someone he does not like got into office?
>>
>>72352818
Ah, I forgot to add that one.

>>72353552
I don't know why no one likes charger, sounds like something from first album.
>>
>>72347338
eh/10
A very few amount of the tracks are good. I'll give it a few listens then I'll come back to it in a year to see if its actually good like most of their albums.
>>
reminder that if you dont like hallelujah money youre a pleb
>>
>>72352404
>Gorillaz has a sound

Define that
>>
Will D-sides ever be topped?

Probably not.
>>
>>72354221
This. Benjamin Clementine has been such a good discovery
>>
>>72349028
What? Plastic beach is their most conceptual albums so far, maybe except the fall.
>>
>>72354251
They just have a unique sound? Not that hard to understand
>>
>>72354221
How to tell a true fan from the plebs who only like the famous songs. Pretty much a normie filter.
>>
>>72352098
so average its around an 8. i agree with everything but momentz is a 10 and andromeda is a 7.
>>
Is there anything else that sounds like gorillaz, but is not gorillaz, since gorillaz can't seem to make more than a handful of gorillaz sounding songs?
>>
>>72354675
I've tried to look. Nothing comes close or compares. That's why this band has a good following. Seems like they might have ruined that with trying to branch out to a wider audience.
>>
strobelite and busted and blue were the best unreleased ones
>>
>>72354654
>so average

The album in a nutshell
>>
where can i hear this i'm not going out to drive 3 hours to the nearest listening location at 1 in the morning
>>
>>72355429
https://omerta.is/2gG5?pt=%2FIwNMN%2BzV3G35rwSZVlogkrRIe9GU5cxy5zLhssnGuc%3D
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>72353640
>implying we aren't in war because of the bomb
>>
>>72356379
>noise halfway through the album
we keep getting closer to having the actual thing
>>
>>72354675
Try The Monkees, they're kinda the same except they got this vintage feel to em
https://youtu.be/3BKt07B3A6U
>>
>>72347676

I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly it. He and Jamie are starting to get fucking old. They may be getting ready to retire the band or to pass it onto someone else.
>>
>>72353640

Pretty much.

Liberals are losing their fucking mind because they've lost control of the country due to laziness.
>>
>>72351121

Don't get me wrong, Humanz has a couple of garbage tracks (although no one can agree on which ones exactly, but Momentz, Sex Murder Party, and We Got the Power seem to be the major contenders).

Like 80% of The Fall is completely unlistenable though.
>>
>>72354221

My main issue with Hallelujah Money is that it's not the sort of song that you warm up to. You're either in the mood for it or you're not.

And most of the time, I just don't want to hear it, but everyone once in awhile I throw it on repeat for awhile.
>>
>>72347338
3/10
>>
>>72354675

Check out Blur. Since it's still Damon, it tends to feel a lot like the Damon only songs. You don't get any of the hiphop, R&B, or gospel though, which is disappointing.
>>
How the fuck did De La Soul give the okay for them to publish Momentz? It's easily the worst song they've ever been involved in.
>>
>>72357354
We're talking about a music group that funds their albums over Kickstarter
They need these albums so kids will give them money
>>
>>72357296
Bottom end of Plastic Beach was a snoozefest too, you can bet they all knew it and it was a good first spoiler because it was incisive without actually being exciting on its own.
>>
>>72357354
I'M TALKING ABOUT
KOOL
KLOWN
KLANN
>>
As a Trump voter I'm glad this album exists mainly because of him.
>>
I feel like they're trying to shit their focus to experimental hip hop, and failing horrendously in the process.
They have some great names in their features, but waste them completly by making a song that doesn't exploit any of their fortes at all
>>
File: Dance Party.gif (306KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
Dance Party.gif
306KB, 300x212px
>Avid Trump supporter
>I fucking can't stop listening to Let Me Out
>MFW
>>
>>
The composition is so goddamn dull. Every song just has a set of loops with no progression, and songs just end abrubtly and start. Also HOW MANY filler tracks are on this damn thing? It's not even a transition song, or an interesting sound, it's JUST fucking 5 second clips of some random shit.

Plastic Beach was so rich with variety and flow. Damon did not make Humanz. I refuse to believe he had as big of a part in making this album as they might say. He composed a fucking orchestra in another language and made all those track varieties in PB work with a consistent theme. Look up the making of it. He's always been passionate with his work and it's always been beneficial, but this album is just lazy and barely even has him in it.

He literally said 'fuck it, let my daughter pick the guests.' He did not give a shit and neither did anyone else who worked on the album. It's just random whos trying to piggyback off of a known name, effectively killing it and failing at the piggybacking as well.

Goddamn, not even any good songs to work a music video into, so what are we left with? Just nothing, damn. Has a band ever dropped so fucking hard? The Fall is a hundred times better than this shit and that was made in a week on a fucking ipad.
>>
>>72354675
Listen to the album, "THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE QUEEN" fronted by Damon Albarn. It def is very reminiscent of a lot of the Gorillaz work. Blur is also great, but I think that GBTQ is one of the best albums of the last 20 years and criminally underlooked.
>>
>>72352098
Danny's verse on Submission should bump that score up
>>
>>72358272

Danny is the one who very fucking nearly ruins the whole song and is the reason I penalize it personally.

But I also think he sounds like fucking Steve Urkel.
>>
>>72357168
>pass it on to Avey Tare
>They become the true animal collective
>>
>>72354317
big fan of PB, and the gorillaz narrative overall, but I don't see how the Fall is a conceptual album. Storywise, I thought it was the songs 2D made before Murdoc kidnapped him before PB.
>>
>>72358401

It was literally just Damon fucking around with stuff. It's not a concept album in the sense that there is some big unifying conceptual theme for the tracks, but it is one is that it was a AAA, major production studio backed artist attempting to throw something together on a total shoestring budget.

It was also an attempt by Damon to do some Gorillaz stuff without Jamie. IIRC it came out when Jamie was starting to burn out, but before he and Damon had their big fight.
>>
>>72347338
This album was a bigger disappointment than my life.
>>
>>72358666

We all know that's not possible, anon. No need to resort to such levels of hyperbole.
>>
>>72358166
>Every song just has a set of loops with no progression, and songs just end abrubtly and start.

Nailed it, was thinking the same thing.
>>
Holy shit i dont understand all the hate that this album is getting..
Idk personnaly i give it a solid fucking 8/10 im grooving my ass off right now wow SHIIT THE ALBUM IS FUCKING AMAZING
>>
It's normal to read comments of hate to something new, it's normal because people wants to sound with knowledge.
>>
>>72358864
now sing this in your cloud rap mixtape
>>
>>72358880
so, it's true what I said?
>>
the reaction to this album will be studied by computational archaeologists thousands of years from now, please think about this before clicking post thank you
>>
>>72358918

people will always speak shit when it's about a new realease.
>>
Felt like a collab album with a Gorillaz undertone and not an actual fucking gorillaz album.
What a massive dissapointment
>>72349028
Bait/10
>>72353640
Yep
>>72352098
>Andromeda - 10/10
Absolutely fucking not, its a 6/10 at best.
>>72358666
Damn satan thats pretty harsh
>>72358830
>ALL CAPS MAKE MY OPINION SOUND MORE VALID
Its easily their worst major LP and their least creative effort as of yet. None of the songs stick as a perennial Gorillaz song they all feel like a compilation of Gorillaz features on other artists' albums.
>>
>>72358932
Stfu bitch i never said that my opinions were more valid because theyre in caps.
Let me be hyped about the album and write in bigger letters bcaus i feel like it
Niggert
>>
>>72358932
Kill urself
>>
>>72358964
>Stfu
Go back to r eddit. If you can't handle dissenting opinions then either don't reply or leave.
>>
>>72347676
>>72357168
he has a lot more to release - very likely an H-Sides album; he already confirmed a collab with Carly Simon, plus Jamie's making a gorillaz tv show. Just because they decided to do a party record doesn't mean they've given up on the band. With the length of the album, the partnerships and the money being spent on it, they're clearly FAR from giving up.
>>
>>72358979
>writes "stfu"
>automatically means he comes from reddit
Stfu fag ur opinions arent worth shit u should be the one leaving
>>
File: zz.jpg (178KB, 1242x1237px) Image search: [Google]
zz.jpg
178KB, 1242x1237px
>>72353640
>muh cuck buzzowrd damn libruls disagreeing with me
weird to see your kind on a fucking music board.
>>
>>72349700
what the fuck is gorillaz other than collabs
>>72352098
>I listen to lots of different kinds of music
finally a person with taste. I did love submission though
>>
>>72354251
it's just pleb speak
>>
She's My Collar is 10/10
>>
File: antifa in a nutshell.jpg (188KB, 1127x699px) Image search: [Google]
antifa in a nutshell.jpg
188KB, 1127x699px
>>72359033
Damn its almost like musicians believe in a variety of things and not just solely "progressive" faggoty mindsets?
Also if your gonna post donald plebbitor cringe at least know that the cringe goes in both directions
>>
>>72358964
not sure if you're doing it on purpose but you're making us fans of the album look like retards.
>>
>>72359104
Yo stfu yo im a fan and im not autistic ok
>>
>>72359151
damn you got him there
>>
>>72359101
>Damn its almost like musicians believe in a variety of things and not just solely "progressive" faggoty mindsets?
most musicians are undeniably liberal.

The difference between my pic and yours is that what I said sounds nothing like something from an antifa member, while it's not hard to imagine you're actually the guy from my pic
>>
>>72359184
>most musicians
But not all so you do get a minority of different opinions so how is that an alien concept to you?
Also I equated left cringe with right cringe, I never said you were antifa illiterate faggot.
>>
>>72354675
>>72357319
Whoa now, the best part about Blur was how they quickly recovered from the 1st two albums and made the Parklife classic, then grew to sprinkle in more and more fucking *banging* beats and electronic stuff into their albums. And it's cool to hear Damon having gone into Gorillaz after all of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n72J7QgkG98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRewkpWZTzA

+++++ does anybody have the bonus tracks yet?
/ Is the 128 stream rip still the best quality?
The improvement from first listen to second is surprisingly drastic.

As well as the switch today with speakers, instead of headphones like last night.
>>
>>72359239
>so you do get a minority
so you're admitting you're a minority and that it is therefore uncommon to see your kind on a fucking music board. Ok
>I never said you were antifa illiterate faggot.
never implied you did, just pointing out a a little difference :^)
>>
>>72359300
You have no proof that conservative musicians are as small of a minority as you believe, the only provable idea is that they're a vocal minority but the extent is subjective. Your tone indicated that conservative musicians are practically alien which is wrong.
>>
>>72359354
>literally just admitted it
>"you have no proof"
and although you basically just admitted that you agree with my statement, I don't need to prove shit to state what *I* find weird/uncommon
>Your tone indicated that conservative musicians are practically alien which is wrong.
my tone implies you don't see a Trump worshipping, buzzword spouting, close minded asshat on a music forum every day.
>>
>>72347874
its music not a book. if you want story go read poetry
>>
Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be
>>
The people complaining about the message of the album are trolling right? Did they get triggered when Gorillaz sang about global warming or how war was bad? Who knew artists could express opinions separate to your own?
>>
>People don't like Strobelight

What the fuck is wrong with you? This is most possibly the best song on the album.
>>
Coldplay > Gorillaz
>>
>>72359685
No.
>>
>>72359705
Yes
>>
>>72359666
Not bad but it was bland as fuck.
>>
>>72359717
>tfw I like 80's club music

Eat shit, lad.
>>
>>72359685
a retard with a triangle > Coldplay
>>
>>72359666
it reminds me of Sonic CD. Good tune
>>
>>72354251
They do. If you can't hear the similarities I don't know what to say. Maybe you haven't listened to much of them.
>>
eh
strong 6 to a light 7
>>
Worst song? Ascension for me. I don't think I'll listen to the album again without skipping it.
>>
>>72360149
Carnival is the most boring and pointless track there is
>>
>>72359666
It's fantastic. Great trips, btw.
>>
>>72359101
it's not an inaccurate generalization when i say that most if not all great art is and was made by someone with a progressive mindset, and usually with a progressive meaning or tone.
>>
>>72359033
That picture is some reddit cringe. You from /r/thedonald?
>>
>>72352098
how is ascension better than strobelite?
>>
>>72360219
kill yourself. You false flagging bitch.
>>
>>72360149
Why didn't you like it? Easily the best song, I love the part wear they just yell randomly over the only decent part of the song, and who doesn't love hearing black people complaining over nonexistent problems
>>
>>72358229
he announced a second the good the bad and the queen album a couple years ago
>>
>>72357539
that was 900% something they didn't add in. damon probably just wanted the interludes to be relevant in a song
>>
>>72359101
>white girl holding BLM sign

I'll admit i got triggered.
>>
>all the people saying that collabs are what make gorillaz gorillaz
Fuckin idiots. There's barely any collaborative artists on their best album. On self titled dan the Automator collaborated with Damon to make Gorillaz. On this shit it sounds like Damon just said fuck it and handed the reigns to his collaborators and now it sounds like he's just the guest on the fuckin thing.
>>
>>72360455
There are tons of collabs on plastic beach though
>>
>>72360504
Not their best dingus
Self titled is
>>
File: Damon-Albarn-014.jpg (788KB, 1524x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Damon-Albarn-014.jpg
788KB, 1524x1256px
Meh/10
>>
>>72360515
Plastic Beach is the ultimate pleb filter and just as good as self titled
>>
>>72360455
on self titled dan the automator produced the entire self titled album. Danger Mouse produced the entirety of Demon Days, and had many features. Plastic Beach is the only album that's been produced only by Damon. This wan was co-produced by Damon and Twilite Tone. Sounds like you're the fucking idiot
>Damon just said fuck it and handed the reigns to his collaborators
Just as I thought, you're the fucking idiot. If you've ever seen any interview ever or watched any of the documentaries he has ALWAYS given collaborators their space, often just telling them the album's theme and letting them do their thing.
>>
>>72361683
Bring back the Automator.
>>
Post some good Gorillaz tracks lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PecHjYQPt5o
>>
>>72347338
2/10 desu
little to no new sounds, only generic shit
death sentence: a gazillion features
>>
>>72352098
>Andromeda - 10/10
literally a shitty Empire Ants

>>72352165
beat doesn't go with vocals

>>72354251
true, something weird and different.. but if you repeat that, it just becomes a shitty meme

>>72358932
this guys gets it

all in all, one of the worst albums they've produced, with not a single redeeming song on there
>>
It sounds like every song on humanz was taken from a different album and put on it
>>
i should really change my name, throughout highschool
the band nerds would taunt me with "hey damon, whens next gorillaz album? XDD"
>>
>tfw I like The Fall
humanz is not that bad imo, there should've been one or two less feats or something tho
>>
>>72347874

Humanz is a narrative album, each track is the perspective of a different person reacting to the end of the world

>Ascension just wants to fuck bitches while the sky falls
>Momentz reminisces about the good times
>Strobelite wants to rekindle lost love before it's too late
>Saturnz and Let Me Out scorn the society that led to the end times
>Carnival just wants to spend the end times with his girl
>Hallelujah Money is the unknowing catalyst of the apocalypse, who believes he can do no wrong
>>
>>72361723
how did they go from this to SHAKE THAT ASS TIL IT DROPS
>>
>>72363601

>2017
>muh Black Lives Matter
>Damon's daughter likes rap and black guys
>>
>>72359008
Why don't they just put the good songs in one album?
>>
Pls gib link to the whole album
>>
>>72363668
Nigga it's on every torrent site. Why u so lazy ?
>>
>>72363700
I trust /mu/ to give me the best quality one
>>
>>72347338
NOT GOOD
>>
>>72363711
Best version yet
http://pirateunblocker.info/torrent/17639332/Gorillaz_-_Humanz_(Deluxe)_-_2017_-_320kbps
>>
>>72363743
thanks
>>
>>72347338
Objectively the worst Gorillaz album.
>>
>>72363821
Ok
>>
what the fuck is this bland coldplay 'progressive' elevator music? even blur's recent album was better than this utter shite
>>
>>72351770
>the lyrics are spot on as always
>SHAKE THAT ASS BABY
>SHAKE THAT ASS BABY
>SHAKE THAT ASS BABY
>GLOCK AND A GRAM ON THE CHEE
>>
>>72359239
Jesus just go listen to Kid Rock and get the dick out of your ass. Why do people get so pissed when their favored candidate is criticized what are you a special snowflake or something you're more of a triggered "cuck" than the liberals
>>
>Damon Albarn worked with some of Gorillaz’s new album collaborators to impress his teenage daughter
>Albarn recently told Billboard of his 17-year-old daughter, Missy: “Some of the decisions for this record were fuelled by wanting to impress her still”. Missy, according to the article, is a big fan of Vince Staples and Danny Brown, both of whom appear on ‘Humanz’.

>>72363858
>>
File: George.jpg (8KB, 276x277px) Image search: [Google]
George.jpg
8KB, 276x277px
>>72352098
>I listen to lots of different kinds of music so the fact that they changed the sound a lot more doesn't really matter to me. I'm very open minded. Over all I really enjoyed the album.

This entire sentence is so pretentious, even if you meant it ironically.
>>
>>72363924
i guess that makes sense
>>
File: Nah.gif (3MB, 800x317px) Image search: [Google]
Nah.gif
3MB, 800x317px
That one-off single they released in 2012, Do Ya Thang, was way better than the entirety of Humanz. Sad!
>>
>>72363924
No wonder Jamie Hewitt was refusing to work with him. I guess we should have listened.
>>
>>72359033
kek, I like your style, kid
>>
>>72352098
Holy shit Gorillaz fans are cringy
>>
>>72364345
So are the majority of /mu/core fans. The majority of fans for anything are cringey.
>>
>>72347338
8.5/10
>>
>>72363366
and we got the power is the cheese trope that says we as human[spoiler]z[/spoiler] have the power to change the outcome of the world
>>
File: fOOtage.png (84KB, 757x483px) Image search: [Google]
fOOtage.png
84KB, 757x483px
>>72359101
Right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DigtCrO77L8
>>
>>72363743
>http://pirateunblocker.info/torrent/17639332/Gorillaz_-_Humanz_(Deluxe)_-_2017_-_320kbps

This version sounds a lot better than the other I listened to but 2 minutes into Charger ruins it for me, I thought my headphones broke.
>>
>>72363981
This
>>
>>72347874
>>72353640
>>72357960
>>72359101
>>72365003
I swear, Gorillaz haters are the ones with the worst music taste and happen to be the cringiest people
>>
>>72347338
tfw let me out is a master piece
tfw damon's verses on Saturn Barz are fucking golden
tfw Andromeda is Empire Ants tier

8/10
>>
>>72364808
this guy gets it
humanz is turning out to be a great album, butthurt trump fans are just mad that the whole world can't be an echo chamber like t_d
>>
>>72351060
>the fall
that sure has damon singing on it tho. in fact the whole album's pretty much him
>>
>>72365268
I've been a fan since their first record, and I listened to a vinyl copy of the new album I bought at my local record store. Listened to all the way through a few times, and I have to say it FEELS like Gorillaz, has some weak tracks, has some great tracks, feels like every other Gorillaz album, except for the instrumentals really. We Got The Power, for sure, 100%, is the weakest track on the album. Really wish my vinyl copy came with the bonus tracks, cause the features on there look interesting.
>>
>>72365351
I admit we got the power is more of a, "blast this at a party or in a large crowd" sort of single, but everything else is turning out to be pretty good. Personally, saturn bars wasn't all that great except for damon's verse, but everything else is better than their self titled album. im also currently jamming out to "let me out", which is at least a 9/10
>>
>>72358814
Fucking same, like alot of the songs don't have any progression or any zenith points like Empire Ants or Rhinestone Eyes. What I think happened it that he started the album with some fuel due to his disliking of Trump but kinda got burnt out and disengaged halfway through.
>>
>>72363093
The only game I felt something on was She's my Collar
>>
Gorillaz Cycle in full effect here.
>First Listen
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!?
>Second Listen
Meh. It's ok I guess
>One Month Later
The sky's falling, baby Drop that ass 'fore it crash The sky's falling, baby Drop that ass 'fore it crash The sky's falling, baby Drop that ass 'fore it crash The sky's falling, baby Drop that ass 'fore it crash The sky's falling, baby Drop that ass 'fore it crash The sky's falling, baby Drop that ass 'fore it crash The sky's falling, baby Drop that ass 'fore it crash The sky's falling, baby Drop that ass 'fore it crash The sky's falling, baby Drop that ass 'fore it crash
>>
>>72365351
>feels like every other Gorillaz album
Why would someone post something like this? It's clear you're lying, but why would you?
>>
>>72365419
Same anon from >>72365351
I'd probably give it a strong 6 or a light 7 out of 10.
Plastic Beach is probably my favorite record by them, and I'd give it a 9. I can listen to that front to back.
>>
>>72365472
Its true, they all sound different but feel the same
>>
>>72365459
Yeah, fucking normies give it one listen and assume its shit. Its how I got into plastic beach, took me like 10 listens to realize the songs were bretty gud
>>
>>72365472
What I meant is that is that Gorillaz will blend many different artists together, along with many different sounds. They've done it in pretty much every single album, just not in this way.
>>
>>72365497
Idk, to me it's sounds a lot less Gorillaz based ya know, no references to anyone in the band, no active narrative, like there's no Murdoc is God or Melancholy Hill or an Electronic Manãna which is why I don't understand why Damon chose to call this a Gorillaz album.
>>
Ascension - 7/10
Strobelite - 8/10
Saturnz Barz - 8/10
Momentz - 7/10
Submission - 9/10
Charger - 9/10
Andromeda - 9/10
Busted and blue - 6/10
Carnival - 6/10
Let me out - 8/10
Sex murder party - 6/10
She's my collar - GOAT/10
Hallelujah money - 7/10
We got the power - 7/10
>>
>Ascension (feat. Vince Staples) 8/10
>Strobelite (feat. Peven Everett) 7/10
>Saturnz Barz (feat. Popcaan) 6/10
>Momentz (feat. De La Soul) 6/10
>Submission (feat. Danny Brown & Kelela) 8/10
>Charger (feat. Grace Jones) 7/10
>Andromeda (feat. D.R.A.M.) 8/10
>Busted and Blue 9/10
>Carnival (feat. Anthony Hamilton) 5/10
>Let Me Out (feat. Mavis Staples & Pusha T) 8/10
>Sex Murder Party (feat. Jamie Principle & Zebra Katz) 6/10
>She's My Collar (feat. Kali Uchis) 10/10
>Hallelujah Money (feat. Benjamin Clementine) 7/10
We Got the Power (feat. Jehnny Beth) 4/10
>>
Ascension (feat. Vince Staples) 5/10
Strobelite (feat. Peven Everett) 8/10
Saturnz Barz (feat. Popcaan) 5/10
Momentz (feat. De La Soul) 7/10
Submission (feat. Danny Brown & Kelela) 9/10
Charger (feat. Grace Jones) 10/10
Andromeda (feat. D.R.A.M.) 8/10
Busted and Blue 9/10
Carnival (feat. Anthony Hamilton) 7/10
Let Me Out (feat. Mavis Staples & Pusha T) 8/10
Sex Murder Party (feat. Jamie Principle & Zebra Katz) 6.5/10
She's My Collar (feat. Kali Uchis) 10/10
Hallelujah Money (feat. Benjamin Clementine) 7
/10
We Got the Power (feat. Jehnny Beth) 4/10

So we all agree She's My Collar is the best?
>>
File: tumblr_nb196lOzEx1syptjoo3_1280.jpg (436KB, 556x649px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb196lOzEx1syptjoo3_1280.jpg
436KB, 556x649px
There's no narrative! all the past gorillaz were a bit conceptual, had story, this is just a random assortment of songs that dont even belong in the same album.

Every song is completely dominated by their feature, instead of the feature complimenting the gorillaz, it's just gorillaz playing production on various rap artist vocals.

0/10 fucking trash, the only song that sound remotely like the gorillaz is Andromeda.

Also half the album is shitty interludes and remixes.
>>
>>72365729
Yeah, it's better than I thought.
That basically goes for the whole album.
Glad it wasn't a complete shitshow.
[spoiler] Plastic Beach is still better [/spoiler]
>>
>>72365752
Sit on it for a few days a come back anon, I get what you mean but alot of the songs are good.

Also Busted and Blue, Charger, She's My Collar, and Submission are heavily Gorillaz based
>>
>>72365497
In their defense, Gorillaz singles are usually some top tier struff (as much as I dislike Feel Good Inc at this point) so it's hard going into the album not expecting more. But over time, it all just feels right.

I hated PB for the longest time (specifically snoop's open), at this point, it's probably my favorite collection of tracks.
>>
>>72365752
Every song is about the world going to shit, that's the story. It's a party at the end of the world.
>>
>>72365752
The remixes aren't even on the album kek
Also the interludes are 1:26 put together, how did that ruin it?
>>
>>72365557
Anxiously making my way to She's My Collar, please don't inflate my hope, anon.

Just finished Submission. Was legit.
>>
muh politics the album
>>
>>72365850
>muh every gorillaz album
>>
>>72365873
Remember anon, everyone hates how "rap" Gorillaz have become.

Remember when their debut wasn't completely hip hop focused?
>>
>>72365850
One song with Trump in it
>>
>>72365839
It's really good man, it actually sounds completely alive compared to the monotonous loops that are the rest of the songs.
>>
>>72365921
fuck off lmao
>>72365850
gorillaz has always been like this
>>
>>72365921
Wtf is Clint Eastwood, Rock The House, Tomorrow Comes Today, Sound Check (Gravity) etc.?
>>
>>72363093
>literally a shitty Empire Ants
literally the worst description of the song I've seen
>>
>>72366001
Sarcasm, moron.
>>
Who else is /Submission/ master race?
>>
>>72366275
Who else is /everysongexceptWeGotThePowerandmaybeSexMurderParty/ master race?
>>
>>72366263
>>72366001
Was being sarcastic as well. Guess it worked.
>>
>>72366307
>SexMurderParty
this one is fucking good as well, fits perfectly before She's my collar
>>
>>72366275
Submission would have been 11/10 if it wasnt for Danny Brown's niggerisheries in the last minute
>>
Only Saturnz Barz, Andromeda and She's My Collar really jumped out at me, the rest sounded forgettable. Except Ascension, that song was just plain annoying.
>>
>>72365186

Humanz is 2017: The Album. What were we really expecting?
>>
>>72366415
>Except Ascension, that song was just plain annoying.

You mean you don't like hearing Vince Staples shout SHAKE THAT ASS over and over?
>>
>>72363821
agreed (not including the Fall tho)
>>
File: 1484507221501.png (27KB, 477x387px) Image search: [Google]
1484507221501.png
27KB, 477x387px
>>72366499
I don't think anybody with good taste ever would
>>
File: 1462965471788.jpg (50KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1462965471788.jpg
50KB, 499x500px
>>72365320
Or maybe people just didn't enjoy the album. Not everything has to do with Trump
>>
>>72366571

Damon told the artists to make songs as if Trump actually won. So in a way Humanz kinda is an anti-Trump album. Demon Days had anti/anti-Iraq War moments, so it's not unusual for Gorillaz to be political.
>>
>>72366629

meant to say anti-Bush and anti- Iraq War
>>
>used to like Gorillaz for the innovative music and mix of different genres
>all their new songs sound the same

Damon, just...
>>
>>72365497
Fucking bullshit I listened to their albums in chronological order and Plastic Beach was my favorite.
Humanz is fucking garbage outside of Ascension,Busted and blue,Andromeda,we got the power,let me out,
>>
>>72366736
and submission for got that one
>>
I'm a Trump supporter but I love Let Me Out
Mavis Staples sounds so good in that song
>>
>Everybody enjoying the song with Kali Uchis
Feels good man
>>
>>72366736
Humanz is fucking garbage outside of Andromeda, Submission, She's My Collar, and Saturnz Barz (only because the second half is so fucking good).

welp, everybody seem to love and hate different songs, but agree that the album is garbage.
>>
>>72366774
>I'm a Trump supporter but I love Let Me Out
time for some ropeless bungee jumping
>>
It's funny, you can always tell who the /mu/core faggots here are, because they always rate Momentz super high, despite it being in competition for one of the worst songs on the album.
>>
>>72366819
oh Momentz is definitely bad
fucking waste of the De La Soul album feat
>>
>>72366811
Just curious, which part triggered you? Trump supporter or liking Let Me Out?
>>
>>72366785

Her voice suits the song perfectly and she works so well with Damon. It really sticks with you after a couple listens.
>>
>>72366844
both, but supporting Trump is objectively idiotic
>>
>>72363262
Same here, my man. I just really like the minimalist approach to every song, it's like the inverse to Plastic Beach. The result is that it's so comfy it's ridiculous.
>>
>>72366704
how does saturnz barz sound anything like she's my collar

how does busted and blue sound anything like we got the power

how does hallelujah money sound anything like anything
>>
File: 1487380219860.jpg (27KB, 466x490px) Image search: [Google]
1487380219860.jpg
27KB, 466x490px
>>72366922
>Plastic Beach
>comfy
shit bro you're right
>>
With Noodle all grown up i was expecting more female vocalists. But i guess they never aimed at that much synchronization between the characters' evolution and the music

Speaking of female Gorillaz, I'm basically in love with the voice of one from Plastic Beach, the one singing in Empire Ants and To Binge. I think she goes by "Little dragon", does anyone know other works of her worth listening?
>>
File: 1492586260254.jpg (78KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1492586260254.jpg
78KB, 500x375px
>>72366953
I think you misunderstood my post. Plastic Beach is pretty comfy, I'll give you that, but I was saying The Fall is essential comfycore.
>>
File: 1488194354787.png (158KB, 816x754px) Image search: [Google]
1488194354787.png
158KB, 816x754px
>>72366943
Humanz is plain electro/hip/pop

on the others, in addition to that, you had trip-hop, slam, soul, more oldschool hip-hop, just plain experimental and cinematic-sounding stuff, and world music influences (latin, asian, middle-eastern)

god I miss that
>>
Out of curiosity. Why do you folks who are shitting on Carnival dislike it?

Like, I don't think its anything special, but it just strikes me as kinda uninspired compared to a few other songs which are actively terrible on the album.

Is being bland a worse crime than being shit?
>>
>>72367017
oh! still agreed
but as a whole Plastic Beach is pretty comfy too
>>
>>72367032
yeah, that's fair. I think there's enough variety in the style to keep things interesting throughout but I do understand wanting more of that old genre experimentation

there's another version of the album coming out later this year with alternate versions of each track (including an arabic Busted and Blue) so hopefully that'll be more your speed
>>
>>72367054
oh really?! that sounds interesting as fuck, looking forward to that now
>>
>>72366841

LMAO. De La Soul went from Feel Good Inc (legit one of the best songs of all time) to Momentz, one of the worst Gorillaz songs. feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>72347338
This looks like the shit where they draw Peter Griffin in real life lmao
>>
>>72367076
Fuck, I know right?
Feel Bad Inc indeed
>>
>>72367076
momentz is 8/10 though

it's stuck in my head and i like it.
>>
>>72367078
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>72367117
fixed
8/100
>>
momentz is fucking awesome what the fuck
>>
>>72367143
Yeah, I don't think it's the best on the album but it is a good song. Some of you are crazy.
>>
>>72366962
she was one of the pre-program people playing @ plastic beach tour in the netherlands and it was not good
>>
>>72367117

Feel Good Inc > Superfast Jellyfish > Momentz

holy fuck, if De La Soul have a feature on the next Gorillaz album, it might be literal shit
>>
>>72367117
>>72367143
>>72367152

The fuck are you all smoking? I can see arguments for it not being THE worst album on the track, but it's definitely in the bottom three.

Or are you guys just in the denial part of the game because you don't want to believe that De La Soul can put out an abortion like this?
>>
>>72367181
Momentz is better than SFJ
>>
>>72367181
>the worst album on the track

how's that crack cocaine treating you?
>>
>>72356679
1. learn english
2. if hillary won nothing would be different, and probably worse
>>
strawpoll.me/12808430

vote for your favorite humanz song
poll is from you know where.
>>
>>72367198

Momentzs is better than the Non-Conformists oath and not by fucking much.

>>72367210

You tell me mate? You're the one trying to state that Momentz is good.
>>
>>72357960
same. i didnt like it when it first came out but it totally grew on me
>>
File: 1490082397024.png (100KB, 858x358px) Image search: [Google]
1490082397024.png
100KB, 858x358px
>>72367258
momentz is winning by a large margin
>>
>>72366962
her last album wasn't that good but most of her music is okay
>>
>>72367258
>strawpoll.me/12808430
Momentz and Charger top 2. There's still hope yet.
>>
>>72367292

Because Momentz is plebbit-tier fucking garbage and you all god damn know it.
>>
>2017
>still including multiple skits/interludes on your album
Fuck you Damon you worthless cunt. The only redeeming quality of Damn. was that I didn't have to sit through more bullshit skits. Also reminder that if you don't skip Facebook Story and Be Yourself from Blond, you're a cuck. Stop. This isn't the 90s. You aren't outkast. STOP FUCKING PUTTING SHITTY UNINSPIRED SKITS ON YOUR ALBUM.
>>
>>72367358
they're less than 20 seconds long, chill
>>
>>72367271
Are you implying Non-conformist Oath is the worst interlude? It's is the best interlude and you know it.
>>
>>72365541
those are shit examples
>>
File: 1485718797894.jpg (19KB, 426x304px) Image search: [Google]
1485718797894.jpg
19KB, 426x304px
>>72367358
take a pill bro
>>
>>72367358
Facebook Story is pleasing to the ear though, I like the guy's accent
>>
>>72367372

No, I'm implying that Momentz is the best interlude.

And all the interludes are shit.
>>
>>72367372
talk radio and penthouse are the best interludes because they have interesting musical bits in them too.
>>
>>72366736
thats like half of the songs they released so far fuck off normie
>>72366793
I love all of these songs but the rest are garbage because i said so xDddD
>>72366877
I like you
>>72367076
shit was good before the twelvies started doing some /r/im14andthisisdeep type shit
>>72367240
im assuming you hate gorillaz too
>>72367258
tfw she's my collar is higher then fucking let me out
tfw any fucking song in the album is higher than let me out
REEEEE NORMIES
>>72367312
why the fuck is momentz higher than let me out and saturn bars
>>
>>72367380
Those are examples of the Gorillaz thematic presence in their albums, each of those songs lend them self's to the album's larger story. Humanz lacks anything like this. I don't care whether you like them or not.
>>
>>72367413

Because Let Me Out and Saturnz Barz actually have some artistic merit, even if you don't like them.
>>
>>72367372
its literally a clip from a steve martin routine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhKY9x9zz3Y
>>
>>72367454
why is that bad?
>>
>>72367258

Of course reddit loves Charger and Momentz. You can always trust Reddit to go straight for the shittiest parts of an album and eat it up.

Also no fucking surprise they hate Let Me Out and Busted and Blue which are some of the fucking best.
>>
>>72367446
i think you misunderstood me, im pissed that let me out and saturn bars aren't the number one and number two on the poll, fucking normies man
>>
File: 1480814814090.jpg (32KB, 706x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480814814090.jpg
32KB, 706x480px
>>72367481
>he doesn't like Charger
I can understand not liking Momentz but Charger is fucking great m8
>>
>>72367487

It's a fucking Reddit poll, of course they're not going to be at the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJ7rYRb9ik
>>
>>72367454
Okay? I think it fits well with the album.
>>
>>72347338
3/10
>>
>>72367497

I do like Charger. I just think it's one of the weaker songs. Definitely not in the top 5, but not in the bottom three.

Momentz is the only song that I think is actually fucking terrible.
>>
>>72367481
let me out is fucking art, fucking plebbit man
>>
>>72367534
momentz is one of the best songs
>>
File: How quaint.png (8KB, 570x533px) Image search: [Google]
How quaint.png
8KB, 570x533px
>>72367591
>>
>>72367545
"Until there's peace, I'll keep my piece at arm's reach"

I froze
>>
quality leak when?
>>
File: 1487734309268.jpg (619KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1487734309268.jpg
619KB, 5000x5000px
>>72347874
>Other albums have a clear story and ideology moving forward.
>ideology
>story

buzzwords galore
if this becomes the norm
music is dead kid

the damage left behind from tpab is incredible
>>
>>72367591

Momentz was them attempting to make a rap version of M1A1 and it's fucking terrible because they were completely fucking incompetent in blending the various components of the song and have literally the worst sounding drum program I have ever heard in my life from professional musicians working with a major production studio.
>>
>>72367505
>making fun of reddit
>using a fucking rick and morty meme to prove your point
>>
>>72367659
>Momentz was them attempting to make a rap version of M1A1
explain
>>
>>72367659
I have no idea what this comparison even is. please
>>72367674
>>
>>72367657
There have been concept albums since forever dude, literally Demon Days had story about deforestation and environment control.
>>
>>72363924
>trying to win your angsty daughter's attention with a cringy attempt to make 'cool' music
this is genuinely depressing.
>>
>>72367726
Fake news.
>>
>>72365351
>feels like every other Gorillaz album, except for the instrumentals really.
literally every album sounds different. theres not "gorillaz sound" other than a gorillaz style which you already covered. btw halalujah money is the real closer. WGTP is more of an afterthought
>>
I liked s/t and Demon Days. Plastic Beach was okay and this sucks.
>>
>>72367659

>M1A1

wat

although I the drum machine does sound like a 15 year old playing with one for the first time
>>
File: 1491590891000.jpg (109KB, 755x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491590891000.jpg
109KB, 755x960px
>>72367591
>>
>>72367804
I think playing Hallelujah Money right before We got the Power makes it a better song.

>>72367798
>Plastic Beach was okay
It's okay to be wrong. Check this hot opinion-
Plastic Beach>Demon Days>Humanz>Gorillaz>The Fall
>>
>>72367674
>>72367683

It's a self-aggrandizing song that attempts to use sampled speech (M1A1 used Day of the Dead, but Momentz just appears to be De La Soul talking), a mix of abrupt transitions and gradual blendings between the parts of the song, and lots of strange musical interjections at random points in the song to attempt to create harmonic dissonance. Lots of repetition of the same word/phrase over and over and over to use the human voice more as an instrument than as a means of conveying meaning.

Tack on a retarded hook that is essentially just gibberish, but that sounds nice and is easy to sing along with.

"Thousand miles an hour
Gorillaz with the beat, ya'll
So in went the seller
We go, M1A1"

"De La is also back again
With a crew that's bound to pack them in
Got a girl who's up for the mating"
>>
File: 1486261039270.jpg (99KB, 314x262px) Image search: [Google]
1486261039270.jpg
99KB, 314x262px
>>72367893
>Plastic Beach>Demon Days>Humanz>Gorillaz>The Fall

Humanz better than Gorillaz, fuck off m8
OLL MAI LOIFE
>>
>>72367909

To clarifying, those two things I listed aren't the hooks, but just a misplaced comparison. Was supposed to be me pointing out the self-aggrandizement as one of the focal points of the song that actually has meaning.
>>
>>72367942
I also thought real hard about putting it before Demon Days but didn't because the last few songs of Demon Days are fantastic together.
>>
>>72367893
I'd say
Gorillaz=Demon Dayz>Plastic Beach>The Fall>Humanz

but that's partially nostalgia
>>
File: tumblr_nd6zyuSuOq1t2de85o3_400.png (130KB, 267x321px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd6zyuSuOq1t2de85o3_400.png
130KB, 267x321px
>>72347338
whats with this dudes obsession with his fucking ipad
>>
>>72367979
He's a sponsored.
>>
>>72367979

He's the particular variety of old person who rather than becoming fearful of technology embraces it...probably too much.
>>
File: 1491040094868.jpg (73KB, 566x545px) Image search: [Google]
1491040094868.jpg
73KB, 566x545px
>>72367978
accurate as fuck
>>
I always love all the contrarian faggots who crawl out of the woodworks and try to imply The Fall is actually good and not just the equivalent of Damon making a Gorillaz kazoo album while on tour.

But then again, they'd probably insist it's the best Gorillaz album if he ever did that.
>>
>>72367979
He likes being able to pull up the nardwuar vs blur interview whenever he's working and wherever he is
>>
>>72350179
Holy shit that's him?
>>
>>72368059

Yup, The Magic Whip is really fucking good.
>>
File: 1423017713462.jpg (6KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
1423017713462.jpg
6KB, 252x240px
>>72368039
>Damon making a Gorillaz kazoo album while on tour
>>
>>72357168
LOL Damon said he was done with the band after Demon Days and then again after Plastic beach. But then five/seven years later he always comes back.
>>
>>72368039
this
>>
>>72347338
at least there no song as bad as sweepstakes
>>
>>72368264

This was the best possible time for Gorillaz to return. Rap/black music is extremely popular these days, and Damon followed suit by making the rappers the main stars of this album. Easy payday
>>
>>72368301
wuuuuuuuut sweepstakes is fucking dope!
>>
>>72368332

Sweepstakes is a good song with one of the shittiest track placement in an album in the last decade.
>>
>>72368332
sorry to tell you this... but you have bad taste.
>>
>>72368301
agreed. it's more consistent than Plastic Beach
>>
>>72368373
definitely!

>>72368377
nah man, that was a good Gorillaz/Mos Def collab for me
>>
>>72368373
I still don't know what the fuck they were thinking by doing that.
>>
>>72368301

Carnival is nearly unlistenable
>>
>>72359963
this. It sound like a Sonic theme song
>>
>>72368750
Fucking this honestly
>>
>>72357254
We Got The Power is great, it's like if Low Lights from TLOP were an actual song.
>>
>>72357254
>80% of The Fall is completely unlistenable though.

The Fall is great though? Hillbilly Man, Revolving Door, Little Pink Plastic Bags, The Joplin Spider, The Parish of Space Dust, Aspen Forest, Phoner to Arizona, Bobby in Phoenix.

People actually hate The Fall?
>>
>>72369528

Yeah, because it's considered a main canon album. If Damon released The Fall as a Plastic Beach b-sides compilation, it'd probably be considered a "hidden gem".
>>
>>72369528

Nearly everyone hates The Fall.
>>
>>72369528
I agree, there's some decent songs on there.
>>
>>72363624
Damon's daughter probably is black.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.