[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stereo vs Mono

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Pipe.jpg (169KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pipe.jpg
169KB, 600x600px
John Lennon was quoted saying you haven't heard Sgt. Peppers unless if you've heard it in mono. I only listen to stereo and I can never get into mono because its way too alien for me even though a lot of bands intended their music to be heard in mono in the 60s
>>
>>72346398
Does anyone have a link to Sgt. Peppers in mono?
>>
>>723464798
you're going to have to torrent it or buy a remastered release of it, places like spotify dont have the mono versions of beatles albums
>>
wow i fucked my >>
>>72346479
>>
how is mono alien sounding to you?
>>
>>72346536
Im not really sure, i put it down to how young i am and just that ive only listened to stereo my entire life, when i started looking into how bands intended their music to be heard in mono rather than stereo i tried listening to sgt peppers in mono and i dont think it even comes close to the stereo version. same with piper
>>
Interstellar Overdrive is a nightmare in mono
>>
>>72346594
*stereo, not mono
>>
>>72346532
lol
>>
>>72346398
who cares dude its just music
>>
>>72346479
just search the archive. i believe it might be in the pastebin as well.
>>
>>72346594
>>72346619
See i disagree i think the mono version sounds way too busy and i prefer the seperated instruments
>>72346658
yeah who cares about discussions about music lets all just listen to it and keep opinions to ourselves
>>
>>72346581
what about mono music when there is no stereo version? does it still sound weird to you?
>>
Many albums from the 60s will sound better in their mono mixes, since that was the most practiced and familiar technology at the time. Stereo mixes will often be messy and have nothing to do with the band (e.g. the beatles) or created decades later (e.g. the beach boys). quite often the stereo mix will have elements missing from it which are present in the mono version.

Basically just decide for yourself.
>>
>>72346723
No, the beatles love me do for example i think sounds fine, and i prefer i wanna hold your hand in mono which might sound hypocritical but when i say i prefer the stereo versions of piper and pepper its because i like the creative panning used in the songs and the instrument seperation
>>
>>72346767
Yeah i agree 100% but i find it interesting that i am such a huge fan of the beatles and floyd and i only like the stereo versions of the albums they intended to be listened to in mono
>>
>>72346619
what would interstellar overdrive be without the zigging guitars panning l/r?
>>
Who cares? It's pop music, it's bland anyway.
>>
>>72348202
see
>>72346700
>>72346658
>>
>>72346865
listenable
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.