[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

metal "dangerous"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: blq.jpg (11KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
blq.jpg
11KB, 250x167px
Metal-head here, been listening to and have loved the genre my entire life. Over the last year or so, have actively been listening to rap/hip-hop, both the "classics" and a lot of the newer stuff coming out. I have to say, some of these artists sound darker, more dangerous, and more profoundly incite that I've-just-seen-gore gutty feeling in me than any trv kvlt black metal band could. Not many guitar driven bands do that for me too often atm (except Nails, oh man).

I'm probs just biased because I'm so used to a guitar driven sound and will eventually get used to the other breed of "dark". What are your experiences mu?
>>
>>72346349
>>>/s/tarfall
>>
File: Gay Thread.jpg (53KB, 712x529px) Image search: [Google]
Gay Thread.jpg
53KB, 712x529px
>>
>>72346349
I don't get how people say metal is "dangerous." Sure there's a whole bunch of songs about killing/maiming people in horrible ways and a whole bunch of fucked up shit, but for every song about that in metal, there's a rap/hip hop track about killing the cops, doing drugs, glorifying violence. At least for metal it's so ridiculous (Forced Gender Reassignment comes to mind) but for rap some of it sounds pretty genuine. This is why nigger communities are so full of degeneracy now. The people they look up to actively encourage the use of drugs and constantly cry racism when a nigger is killed no matter what reason. Rap music is honestly the epitome of degeneracy.

>inb4 t. 14 year old
>>
Nothing dangerous about spending a lot of time learning to play an instrument, then spending even more time with fellow instrument nerds to create music and practice playing it together.
>>
>>72346349
The difference is that trve kvlt is basically trying to imitate things that hip hop does unironically
trve kvlt black metal bands record on cassettes and don't have widespread appeal on purpose, the difference here is that real low end rappers have been making shoe string budget mixtapes for years because it's all they can.
black metallers have obviously never actually been a nazi soldier in ww2, killed all christians, or summoned satan, but some gangsta rapper making a song about how his friends all got shot or how he killed someone is about that life and knows exactly what he's talking about.
>>
>>72346558

OP here. For sure, metal (not all but most) tends to go for the fantastical rather than tangible.

>not all metal not all rap relax
>>
File: 1457470598906.jpg (978KB, 1680x1720px) Image search: [Google]
1457470598906.jpg
978KB, 1680x1720px
>>72346349

>the other breed of "dark

you mean niggers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moIUJHc07Gw

http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=black+metal&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

http://www.bestblackmetalalbums.com/top_100_black_metal_albums.php?smode=100
>>
>>72346349
nobody past 21 really cares. Music is music, it's just entertainment, it's not dangerous on any level, doesn't matter if the lyrics are fiction or not.
>>
>>72346697

does music not make people feel in any way past the age of 21? Not saying "dangerous" in a way to be like lol imzo eDgY rebellion fuqq school, but just the reaction it gets out of the listener.
>>
I would recommend you try old-school industrial.
Have you heard current 93, whitehouse, or coil?
>>
>>72346755
what noticeable reaction could "dangerous" music generate other than a vaguely rebellious attitude that's typical of teenagers?

what the fuck does the way people feel have to do with music being "dangerous"?
>>
>>72346815
it sounds abrasive but pretty weak, and since the people who make it are actually pretty well-adjusted members of society, it doesn't have much in the way of criminal glamour
>>
>>72346349

immortal is a pretty wrong choice of OP pic tbqh, since they're basement dwelling NEETs who larp about dragons and riding horses and shit
>>
>>72346349
yeah you'll probably get over it. hip hop is just as based in fantasy as metal

I don't doubt that some people do what rappers claim to do, just not the rappers themselves

the appeal of metal to me has nothing to do with "danger" anyway, so I can't say I relate to that. sometimes I just like music that's dissonant and visceral, and the former is much more difficult to find in hip hop
>>
IMO early Industrial is both scarier and more dangerous sounding than either metal or rap because of the use of aural terror and freaky found sounds.
>>
>>72346879

dat rage
>>
>>72346638
well yeah in the sense that the lyrical content (and the imagery in general) is usually metaphorical rather than literal
>>
>>72346815
Here:
>>72347073
Good to see someone else here talk old school industrial. What are your favorite acts/albums/labels?
>>
>>72346908
>Coil, Whitehouse and Current 93
>Well adjusted members of society

Wew lad, you might want to check that info cause as far as I recall there are no confirmed pedophiles in the black metal scene
>>
>>72347177
lol gtfo edgelord
>>
>>72346450
>>72346558
so they both can have tough guy personas and allude to violence but because metal makes it more exaggerated or adds fantasy its not degenerate?
>>
but what about rap metal?
>>
>>72347177
>degeneracy
-_-

>>72347250
Please elaborate on pedos.
>>
File: IMG_7884.jpg (47KB, 356x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7884.jpg
47KB, 356x492px
>>72347177

>gang-type criminal activities

you mean, shoplifting at record shops?
>>
>>72348037

changing the game
>>
>>72348150
Peter Sotos of Whitehouse has been caught with CP and writes first person perspective true crime novels about child molestation and murder, they also apparently threw bottles at people during live shows
COIL literally has a music video of them groping young male dancers in thailand
don't know about current 93 but people always call them nazis like every other industrial group
>>72347177
excellent post my friend, checked
>>
>>72348253
Yes, Sotos had CP. But neither that nor writing 1st person about kiddie fiddling makes you a pedo.

My guess is that Sotos wanted material for his I-wanna-be-bad magazine Pure.
>>
>>72347662
No, he's not arguing that metal lyrics like that aren't degenerate, he's arguing that the rap lyrics are actually dangerous in their degeneration because black communities have aspirations to be those who perform said lyrics because they are viewed as successful people to be aspired to. Also, there is a high percentage of the crimes mentioned in rap within black communities compared to what we find in metal because killing a cop is tangible compared to digging up a corpse and pissing in its asshole.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.