[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wikipedia + Discogs + Soulseek What else do you even need?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: boss.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
boss.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
Wikipedia + Discogs + Soulseek

What else do you even need?
>>
Youtube for forgotten bleeps
>>
rym for finding new music
>>
Pingas
>>
/mu/ to shitpost how superior I am
>>
food, water, etc
>>
Fantano and p4k for what NOT to listen to
>>
>>72338412
what use is wiki
>>
oxygen, nitrogen
and the other elements a bit
>>
Instagram to find out what food will be in my waifu's poop tonight.
>>
>>72338437
>>72338452
discogs

>>72338518
knowledge is power
>>
>>72338499
Fantano isn't that bad
>>
>>72338834
kys
>>
Record store
>>
what.cd ;_;
>>
A girlfriend :^(
>>
>>72338412
i know i'm a pleb but how does soulseek actually work?
>>
>>72340048
>type in album name
>download it
>>
>>72340078
What did he mean by this?
>>
Human relations
>>
>>72340048
soulseek is a p2p file sharing software that has existed since just before napster died. you designate folders on your computer as share folders, and every file contained within is available to be found by other users searches. you could of course choose to share no files, but some users will ban you for this, making their files unavailable to download from you. but yeah you set that all up, set up the folder for where your downloads go, and then you enter in your query text. whatever you search for will return a result for every matching file in an online user's shared files. and then you can double click on a file to download it or you can right click to download the folder that contains the file (what you're going to want to do for most albums except for when a user is horribly disorganized and has the file in a loose folder with hundreds of other tracks).

and there's other stuff like wishlists (a query that is always running, good to set up so that you know when something has leaked), and chat rooms and browsing the shared files of a specific user, it's fun stuff.
>>
>>72340138
so it's kind of like torrenting? is it lega?

how often are viruses spread on soulseek?

sorry about all the questions, i cant afford to fuck up my laptop
>>
>>72338412
where am i supposed to discuss music though?
>>
the lads round for a good times
>>
>>72340285
Not /mu/, thats never happened here, try the chatrooms on SLSK
>>
>>72340274
>is it legal?
piracy is illegal. if you're getting an album for free and the artist didn't give it away it's illegal

>how often are viruses spread on soulseek?
can't answer this for certain but I've never had problems
>>
>>72340332
soulseek is blocked on my uni wifi
>>
>>72340274
it's illegal if copyright is involved, but I don't believe you're vulnerable by downloading things, only by sharing and uploading things to other users is how whatever entities are out there trying to catch people breaking the law can see you doing it. but also soulseek has it worked out with a few artists to just block searches for their material. a search for beyonce returns no results, for example. so you probably shouldn't share music from those blocked artists, since soulseek is clearly on their radar. if you stay away from sharing major label stuff you should be fine.

you will not get a virus from downloading mp3s or flacs, I've been using it since the beginning and never encountered a virus. though if you're downloading software or something involving executables, then you run the usual risks with that of course.
>>
What is the room wall in slsk?
>>
>>72340274
its literally a reskinned DC++ client
>>
>>72340365
>if you stay away from sharing major label stuff you should be fine
so you personally hand select which albums you have for it to share rather than just giving it access to all the music you have?
>>
>>72340457
well you can do that in the software but it's very cumbersome, I just have it set where I'm only sharing a folder of stuff I've bought and ripped myself.
>>
I've been sharing big label stuff for years. No probs
>>
>>72340365
>a search for beyonce returns no results
Not really going to stop anyone downloading beyonce since you can just type in 'album name, year' and download it that way.
>>
>>72340583
beyonce, 2013 might give you trouble there. but yeah you can also just search for a specific song and download containing folder. also yeah you should be fine sharing big label stuff really, this is just if it's something you're paranoid about, you can take steps to be in the clear.
>>
Scaruffi you plebeian shits.
>>
>>72338412
fanart.tv / albumartexchange.com
bandcamp ocasionally
rym ocasionally
scaruffi.com ocasionally
>>
>he's not on redacted.ch
>he's not on xbtmusic.org
>>
>>72341134
muh FLAC
>>
>>72341108
>fanart.tv / albumartexchange.com
google images is honestly just as good m8
>>
>>72341385
If its on either of those he linked it will be on google images, plus more so yeah
>>
>>72341400
fanart.tv, yes
but not aae
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.