[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Bands that got progressively shittier with time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: falloutboy.jpg (81KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
falloutboy.jpg
81KB, 500x358px
ITT: Bands that got progressively shittier with time
>>
File: mars.jpg (236KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
mars.jpg
236KB, 750x400px
Frances is arguably better than Deloused, but it all went downhill after that
>>
All of them
>>
literally all of them

prove me wrong
>>
all of them
>>
File: linkin-park-billboard-650.jpg (46KB, 636x421px) Image search: [Google]
linkin-park-billboard-650.jpg
46KB, 636x421px
>>72329027
>>
>>72329079
a thousand suns and living things are better than hybrid theory and meteora
>>
File: yaboys.jpg (24KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
yaboys.jpg
24KB, 500x323px
>>72329077
>>72329078
*blocks your path*
>>
>>72329077
>>72329078
The other band that >>72329055 were in
>>
That's not true

TTTYG : 9/10
FUTCT: 9/10
IoH: 8.5/10
FàD: 10/10
PAX AM Days: 9/10
SRnR: 8/10
AB/AP: 7.5/10

You're saying they didn't get better as they went along but FàD disproves that.
>>
bumo
>>
>>72329077
Swans
>>
>>72329077
Tv on the radio
>>
Metallica
>>
File: b369b595.jpg (120KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
b369b595.jpg
120KB, 620x620px
>>72329077
it's at least twice as good as SILY and that's a great album
>>
>>72329077
The Flaming Lips, their new stuff isn't their best but they were around for a long time before they starting peaking
>>
>>72329055
>That dicksucker who liked octahedron best
>>
>>72331090
The Terror was pretty decent. It´s a shame they split up after that. We´d never know if they´d get back to their peak again
>>
File: IMG_8003.jpg (170KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8003.jpg
170KB, 1366x768px
>>
>>72329027
Weezer
>>
>>72329123
I don't find Boris's new material nearly as stimulating as stuff like Flood or Akuma no Uta tbqh
>>
>>72331154
this so much
Kerplunk! is solid punk and I don't give a fuck what anybody says.
>>
AJJ
Mastodon
>>
>>72331280
I was more referring to the slump before Pink
>>
band of horses
>>
>>72331140
that was probably me lmao. I still do.

It was the first album of theirs I listened to and my music taste at that point in time was very generic and I didn't branch out much from standard alt rock kinda music.

If I'd gone straight to Deloused or any other album I know I would have dismissed it and probably never listened again, but going in with their most accessible record allowed me to work backwards.

I still think regardless of all that it's a fantastic album, genuinely 10/10. I think most people just don't like it because they listened to TMV before it came out and so would have expected something with the same craziness as Bedlam, but instead effectively got an acoustic rock album. Which I get, but I don't think it's a reason to dismiss it entirely, Luciforms is one of the best closing tracks ever made.
>>
>>72329077
...Radiohead

boy, that was difficult
>>
>>72329027
every band after the second album prove me wrong
>>
>>72331214
they've always had bad music though
>>
>>72329027
False.

>Take This to your Grave
>8/10
>From Under the Cork Tree
>8/10
>Infinity on High
>8/10
>Folie a Deux
>8/10

I will admit that everything after that is pretty shit. Although I liked PAX AM Days.

>>72329055
>>72331140
>>72331510
Octahedron is a good album, and Frances is objectively shit, and the people who say it's the best are merely repeating the meme that they've been told by every other pretentious fag. It's a shit album. The fact that it's some spacey concept album makes it far worse. It means half the shit on there is filler.

That's why De-Loused is objectively better to Frances in every single way. Every track on De-Loused is a fucking banger. Half of the tracks on Frances are just repetitions of refrains already played on other songs. So, as I say, full of fucking filler. That's why it's a shit album.

Don't get me wrong, there are some good songs on Frances. But when you fill half of an album with repetitions of refrains from other songs, then I will not consider it a great album. I will consider it a complete fucking disappointment.

>De-Loused
>10/10
>Frances
>3/10
>Amputechture
>7/10
>Bedlam
>10/10
>Octahedron
>7/10
>Noctorniquet
>3/10
>>
>>72329027
Modest Mouse
Bomb the Music Industry
>>72331340
AJJ's career is really depressing. How did you have such a strong catalog of albums and compilations only to throw it all out after Knife Man?
>>
>>72329261
Havent listened to FaD, is it really that good for most people? i liked FUTCT the msot
>>
>>72331854
say hi to Unwound who made even better albums after the 2nd,especially Repetition and Leaves Turn Inside You
Talk Talk
the krautrock bands
Kate Bush
Wilco
The Cure
XTC
Killing Joke

just because many indie bands failed even more in the 2000s with a one hit album with their inferior sequel doesnt mean there are. a few notable ones out there
>>
>>72331510
Also as a follow up to this: >>72331986

>If I'd gone straight to Deloused or any other album I know I would have dismissed it and probably never listened again, but going in with their most accessible record allowed me to work backwards.
You think Octahedron is their most accessible? I would personally say De-Loused is the most accessible, with Bedlam a close second probably. Because each song on those albums is a driving rock track. Whereas Octahedron has a few tracks with minutes-long quiet, wishy washy sections.

>I still think regardless of all that it's a fantastic album, genuinely 10/10. I think most people just don't like it because they listened to TMV before it came out and so would have expected something with the same craziness as Bedlam
Well you've got to remember that Bedlam was actually quite a shock at the time as well, it was their first album with Thomas Pridgen, whose drumming is quite heavy and complex. And I think it's their heaviest album since the first one, since the second and third ones both had tracks with long periods of quiet/repetitive/minimalist stuff.

>Luciforms is one of the best closing tracks ever made
Yup definitely one of my favourite songs from that album.
>>
>>72332005
>Bomb the Music Industry
u fukin wot m8? If anything they dropped off in the middle with Get Warmer but Scrambles and Vacation are just as good albeit drastically different from Cool World and Album Minus Band
>>
>>72331986
Okay I'ma level with you for a second.
De-loused is amazing and by far the tightest, grooviest TMV album. I can totally see why you like it best.
But I still prefer Frances because it's so instrumentally dense. Cassandra Gemini is my favourite song of all time, I must have listened to it hundreds of times in full, but I'm STILL finding new solos and sound effects they crammed in there.
Of course there is arguably a lot of pretentious noise "filler", especially if you listen to the unreleased title track, but I like it when listening to the entire album as a cohesive experience. If I'm listening to individual songs I just skip the noise bits.

Also nigga what are you doing with Bedlam at 10/10. It was really good but not that good.
Also Amputechture would be 10/10 if it had De-loused drums. The actual drums sound way too muddy to be above an 8/10 for me.
And I thought Noctourniquet was okay.
>>
>>72329077
Weezer
>>
>>72330716
Do u guys agree or na
>>
Ironically, Paramore got better with each album. Started off shit but got better and better.
>>
>>72331283
Good post
>>
Mono. It feels good to get that off my chest.
>>
>>72332187
Killing Joke is still decent. All of last three albums were good if you ask me.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.