[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meat Is Murder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: meat-is-murder-30-anniversary.jpg (577KB, 1400x1419px) Image search: [Google]
meat-is-murder-30-anniversary.jpg
577KB, 1400x1419px
Why does everyone hate the title track?
>>
Do they? best track
>>
>>72322068
Mindless vegan drivel
>>
Now that you mention I do remember some people saying it's shit. I like it tho
>>
>>72322068
Live version (can't remember from where and when) is far better than album version
>>
Have you ever seen Morrissey live?He plays videos of animals being slaughtered while people hand out peta flyers
>>
>>72322068
It's the best track on the whole album desu
>>
>>72322086
>>72322122
nice musical criticism lads!

In all seriousness it's one of the best tracks on the album.
>>
>>72322156
Unless you dont want to be lectured
>>
>>72322118
No way, in the studio theres two guitars at the same time. Jonny marr wrote both parts
>>
>>72322179
It would make a nice change
>>
Because not only is he preachy, but he sounds like a complete whiny bitch at the same time. And it also lacks any subtlety whatsoever.
>>
Barbarism Begins At Home is the best track come on
>>
>>72322213
Not liking its message or the way in which it's delivered does not make a song bad.
>>
>>72322213
This
Also I just find the music generally boring.
>>
>>72322186
I prefer Morrissey's vocals in the live version
>>
>>72322213
>implying subtlety is always the best way to deliver a message
being on the nose isn't inherently bad, pleb
>>
Because it's preachy and it comes after Barbarism Begins at Home
>>
>>72322213
>>72322303
If it weren't for Johnny Marr these points would be true
>>
>>72322332
It is in this case though.
>>
>>72322268
Yes it does
>>
>>72322417
So the music itself doesn't exist, just Morrissey's "message"? Music isn't bad because of what it's about but what it is. There is a degree of musical interest to the song which is the primary art form in question here.
>>
>>72322587
They lyrics are part of the music
>>
>>72322601
>Words are music
Wrong art form mate >>>/lit/
>>
>>72322674
>>Words are music
No, vocals are music.
>>
>>72322068
Because it's an underwhelming closer, especially as it comes right after the best track on the album.
>>
I think it's musically ok, but the opening noises turn me off. Never listen to it as a result.
>>
>>72322690
Yes the vocals conveying the melody are music but not the lyrics and their message
>>
>>72322919
The vocals are comprised of words and they're at the forefront of the song. Stop being an autistic pedant.
>>
>>72322068
It doesn't really fit with the rest of the album. Meat is Murder is probably the Smiths' most upbeat album and then at the end of it you have a really dark, and for the Smiths really noisy political diatribe. It's a complete change in mood, and an unfitting one at that, from the rest of the album, and indeed from what the Smiths did best which is making upbeat music with subtly dark lyricism. If it were a b-side I could see it being treated better, and I don't think it's by any means a bad song, I just think it's a very unfitting song and not the best way to end the album.
>>
>>72322068
Imagine a version of this album with Meat is Murder replaced by How Soon is Now?
>>
>>72322969
>The vocals are comprised of words
The words aren't inherent to the melody as its notes influenced by the underlying chords are. If you want to call me an autistic pedant for rating music by the value of music and not by the value of words and ideas do remind yourself you're on 4chan's /mu/
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.