[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when will the large majority of /mu/ actually get some taste?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

when will the large majority of /mu/ actually get some taste?
>>
when they stop listening to memerap
>>
>>72317693
Aotysf?
>>
Twist ending

They had taste all along
>>
>>72317422
found you
>>
>>72317693
when they age out
>>
>>72317723
kendirk lemur - trappity trap trip trop true
>>
>>72317746
it won't happen. if anything, there needs to be a new /mu/
>>
>>72317777
Now those are some fucking quads.
>>
>>72317777
damn
>>
>>72317693
never
>>
>>72317693
/mu/ now likes U2. So we're going somewhere
>>
>>72318300
Didn't /mu/ already like older U2 (or at least respect them)?
>>
>>72317723
Oto Hiax
>>
1: stop caring what Fantano and Pitchfork think and find their own taste
2: stop caring about r/music, normies, pleb/patrician, poseur, fedora and other dumb buzzwords
3: stop caring what their peers think of their taste
4: make more threads about music that interests them instead of the same old shit
>>
>>72317777
>there needs to be a new /mu/

There was/is, its called Musikchan and its a spitting image of this one, just less traffic lmao
>>
There needs to be a spin-off board with the rules;

No reviewer discussion
No /mu/core or classic music everyone in the world knows
No Billboard-core
No waifushit

And mods who actually stop spam and shitposting
>>
Never

>>72318450
This would be ideal, but image is everything to posters here.

>>72317777
Quads speak truth.

>>72318484
>Musikchan
>just less traffic
More like no traffic. It was a good idea and really fun when it started. The core community early on were all great. But people just never made the switch.
>>
>>72318484
but is there an equivalent for /tv/ and /lit/?
>>
>>72318536
this would fix most if not all of the problems
>>
>>72318554
I tried. Made a few threads and still no one talked to me :(
>>
>>72318450
even one of these let alone all of them happening are very slim because this place is not exclusive enough to keep impressionable children and teens or out or maintain quality control

this place will always be a mixed bag of shit like the rest of 4chan because of its format
>>
>>72318536
yup. Keep /mu/ for memes and flavor of the month stuff, have another board for mostly serious discussion (with some banter obviously, but not devolving into total shitposting)
>>
>>72318573
>>72318576
In theory Musikchan is perfect, take over and push off the same old from the catalog and because the lack of traffic, underage shitposters would come back here leaving us in peace like back in the early days of /mu/
>>
>>72318536
no waifushit is definitely a good idea but you can still have good discussion about the other 3, it's about the people discussing, not just the subject that makes conversation interesting

you can have simpletons discussing politics but itll be less interesting or make sense than 2 smart people discussing fashion trends
>>
>>72318628
you can't have good discussion when more than half of a board's threads are about the same 10 albums. the only way to really fix this board is to remove /mu/core entirely so that people actually find other good albums out there, because there are a lot of good albums out there
>>
Musikchan really needs an autoupdate thread option, fuck sitting here pressing F5 all day.
>>
>>72317777
I guess it's time to pack our bags and get out of town.
>>72318339
Their older material (Joshua Tree and earlier, some Achtung Baby) was respected but not really discussed, then a bunch of reddit kids came with their meme opinions from South Park and thought that U2 was genuinely bad and slowly converted all the new fags to their ways.
>>
>>72318647
if you have quality people with quality tastes you won't have discussions about the same 10 albums. Banning discussions about reviewers and certain music just seems unnecessarily authoritarian, i personally would not want to go to that board.
>>
>>72318711
I remember when Pitchfork gave the Achtung Baby reissue a 9.5 back in 2011 and it became sub-/mu/core for like a month. Good times...
>>
>>72318742
Don't come then. If you watch TND or care what Ryan Schreiber thinks you're not welcome.
>>
>>72317693
when threads like this cease to exist >>72312965
>>
File: seven.jpg (174KB, 669x429px) Image search: [Google]
seven.jpg
174KB, 669x429px
>>72317693
the traffic of this board summed up
>kpop degenerates (about half the board considering the general gets to most bumps here by far)
>kvlt spooky black metal meme
>virgin neckbeard tier "symphonic" power metal
>kanye west circle jerk
>insert shitty new "artsey" rapper circle jerk
>>
>>72318772
you'd have like 2 people in your board if you ban discussion about reviewers, mainstream music and entry level obscure music lol
>>
>>72318799
Good, thats the point.
>>
>>72318568
Do you make /groove/ threads there?
>>
>>72318906
Its the first thread right now.

http://www.musikchan.com/music/index.html
>>
i tried to make a circusish music thread yesterday but it didn't really get anywhere
>>
File: Philosoraptor-meme3.jpg (63KB, 659x440px) Image search: [Google]
Philosoraptor-meme3.jpg
63KB, 659x440px
>>72318791
i wonder what the fuck they talk about in KPOP, i doubt its mostly about lyrical content, instrumentation or general musicianship.

What then?
>>
File: pith-helmet-british-or-indian-6.jpg (266KB, 1024x962px) Image search: [Google]
pith-helmet-british-or-indian-6.jpg
266KB, 1024x962px
>>72318944
AN EXPEDITION?! CAPITAL IDEA
>>
>>72318944
boipuss. It's really just /b/ fags disguised as /mu/. Really activates the almonds
>>
>>72317693
threads like this just make me wonder why I even ever bother coming here
>>
>>72319131
is it because your embarrassed of your bad taste? if so then yeah you should leave.
>>
>>72318920
cool
>>
>>72319131
Because even if its shitty in a lot of ways its more interesting and relatable than your friends in facebook, instagram, etc if you want to discuss music and infinitely less work than finding like minded friends in real life or in social media to have thought provoking musicial discussions
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.