[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is something that I have been thinking about lately and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: The Velvet Underground & Nico 1.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The Velvet Underground & Nico 1.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
This is something that I have been thinking about lately and today especially. Many of the albums from the 60s had both mono and stereo mixes, and each version is a unique experience. How do you guys reconcile this ? Do you download both versions, or do you have a version that perhaps you always go with ?

Also if this is something you've also thought about, what albums from this era have you found to be better in one particular version or another ?

Pic related. Not sure but I believe I like it better in mono.
>>
Please respond
>>
Mono has always bothered me, I always pick stereo when the option is available, however mono is a useful effect for capturing that "Old timey" feel
>>
OP again. Listening to both so far and like the Beatles some songs are better some are worse. Run Run Run in stereo has almost 0 bass, where as in mono is really thumps.
Another comment is they were really sloppy musicians and in mono the mistakes they make are covered up mostly. Last comment, the xylophone in the stereo version Sunday Morning hurts my ears so badly, like why the shit is it so loud? In mono its mixed so much better.
>>
>>72316181
Mono is usually better mixed,
And also i just fucking hate Stereo, Theres no need for the singer to be completely quiet in one ear and have no bass in the other.
>>
>>72316621
That's not true with all stereo mixes. Good stereo mixes have the vocals centered. The problem is they don't also center the drums and bass, which simply must always be the case. You can go off center by 10 or even 15 degrees but not like 45 degrees which is how most of them sound.
>>
>>72316719
Yeah, but its the case too often,
>>
only one side of my headphones works so I have to download the stereo version.
>>
>>72316736
I wish there was an essentials chart of well mixed stereo albums from the 60s. For instance I truly believe The Byrds sound better in stereo. Their intricate harmonies and atmospheric jangling guitars have so much more room to breath. I can deal with the drums being pushed a little too far because of how much better the rest of it is. I think this is also the case for Hendrix past his debut album. Listen to Castles Made of Sand in mono and then in stereo and tell me psychedelic music isn't improved by the stereo mix.
>>
>>72316181
if you're listening to stuff from the 60s, stick to mono for the most part. As other anons said, mono were mixed better at the time because stereo was still relatively new and thus used in very gimmicky ways to make the effect stand out
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.