[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain me why this album is supposedly "great/awesome"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: madv.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
madv.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
Explain me why this album is supposedly "great/awesome"
>>
>Explain me why this album is supposedly "great/awesome"
I like it, it's pretty good I think.
>>
If I like it, it's good.

Now fuck off, rockist.
>>
It's a collaborative effort between two of hip-hop's great intellectuals. DOOM's solo work is superior (he's a better producer than Madlib), but it's still an essential.
>>
Great flow
eerie production
"shabby" atmosphere
>>
Dooms wordplay is great and Madlibs beatwork is fantastic.

Did you listen to the album or are you asking why people like it BEFORE listening to the album?
>>
>>72307490
I've heard it a couple of times. Can't make much sense of what DOOM raps about.
I was just wondering what are some of its "objective" qualities and why people like it. Don't feel like making sense of it yet.
>>
favorite quotes, boys??
>>
>>72307538
I'm in the same boat. I just don't like it that much, don't like how all the songs are so short with no hooks and most of the rapping seems pretty directionless. Mostly just similes and punchlines and shit, some of which are great but some are pretty corny. Haven't heard a ton of Madlib besides this...he definitely stands out from other producers in his style but most of these beats aren't for me.
>>
>>72307324
Cmon, he's really fucking good, but Quasimoto has better productions than anything DOOM has done, although I guess MM...FOOD is a really close contender
>>
>>72307563
MARI

JUANA
>>
>>72308590
>>72307538
Not claiming to be an expert, but from what i've gathered, youre looking too much into DOOM as a lyricist. The rhymes and stuff arent supposed to be 'deep' or meaningful or whatever. Its literally style over substance, and he has a really great way of doing that. You're not supposed to take anything from it, just enjoy it. Its a highly entertaining album.
>>
>>72307250

because it sounds cool and makes me feel good when listening to it. I listened to it today and started nodding my head like "yah, yeah this is good" my mom and dad even like it I played it in the car for them they usually dont like rap so that mean it has a broader appeal between genre constrictions, get it
>>
>>72309493
ME ESTAS VOLVIENDO LOCOOO
>>
>>72307263
>>72307296
explain why you like it then
oh wait you cant because pinpointing the exact reasons for that is pretty damn hard to do tbqh
>>
>>72309720
>it has a broader appeal between genre constrictions
i dont get how though, i always found its specific appeal limited to the appeal of (non-party) hip hop in general, it's all wordplay and sampling
>>
File: 1475017184748.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1475017184748.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>72307324
>he's a better producer than Madlib
>>
>>72309856

because its hella cool, stupid ass shut up

youre stupid
>>
>>72307538
There's two kinds of rapping, consciousous rapping is what you're probably familiar with, lyrics that are supposed to have a deeper meaning than what is immediately apparent, like De La Soul, Kendrick, ect.
vs.
Braggadocio rapping, where the verses are bragging about how good, or 'bad' the subject may be, like (early) Beastie Boys and other old school hip hop,

Now of course lots of rappers mix the two style, but I think you can pretty much boil it down to that.
>>
>>72308590
>seems pretty directionless
nope, you just don't know rap when it smacks you across the face. It makes a lot of sense that you haven't listened to much of the loop digga.
>>
>>72307250

it's supposably
>>
File: GPAV6U7.png (358KB, 2508x553px) Image search: [Google]
GPAV6U7.png
358KB, 2508x553px
>>
>>72310842
guess op can close the thread
>>
>>72307296
Madvillany is literally a rockist album
>>
>>72307250
MM..Food is better
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.