[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't this album get as much attention as other classics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1477731852547.jpg (53KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
1477731852547.jpg
53KB, 640x639px
Why doesn't this album get as much attention as other classics?
>>
>inb4 the title track's the only good song
Easily one of my favorite albums of all time. Lazer Guided Melodies is fantastic too, and I have high hopes for the new album coming out later this year.
>>
>>72307189
Any chance he tours NA with it?
>>
>>72307119
The 2 albums that came before Ladies and Gentlemen are so much better imo.
>>
>>72307119
It does
Thought the entire thing was going to be the sort of generic indie rock that people on /mu/ refer to as "feelsy" judging by the title track. Which is a well-done track but gets under my skin because of how sappy it is.

Thankfully, it turns into a few nice jazzy jams with an enjoyable closing track. Not my cup of tea, but not the pandering crap I was expecting.
>>
>>72307244
I've you've ever been in a deep love and then lost it then that song isn't so sappy anymore. Shit tears you.
>>
Anyone else see Jason's post on Facebook?

I wonder if him and Peter talk to each other now.
>>
>>72307119
One of my personal favorites. Jason Pierce is an amazing songwriter
>>
one good song syndrome

see: ocean colour scene: Moseley Shoals
>>
>>72307282
This, holy fuck. This album destroys me because I went through something similar with the love of my life.
>>
>>72308017
so fucking wrong
>>
>>72308331
Sorry man. My ex left me after we both had spent so much time being distressed about how doomed we felt but how we knew we could never love someone the way we loved another. But she just went on anyway. She's gorgeous, so she could get any guy and they were certainly lining up to her.

It still hurts, nearly a year later. I spent a lot of nights driving around to this album.
>>
Songs on this and on Lazer Guided Melodies tear me apart every time. Home of the Brave live was outstanding.

>>72307428
Why?
>>
>>72309612
They stopped talking to each other since things ended really poorly, no? I remember seeing an interview a few year ago where Peter was like we still don't talk. But it sounds like based on that FB post that they did.
>>
>>72309647
Yeah, until (presumably) now they've been on very bad terms. Peter attacked Jason in the street before the band broke up, and they haven't talked since. Jason's flat-out refused to contact him, even though Peter's tried to get in touch multiple times, if I remember correctly. Seems they've talked at least a little now.
>>
>>72309647
Sorry to hear that it ended poorly between them. It would be nice to hear more collaborations of theirs. It would be great if they started doing stuff together again, for sure.

Is there any other evidence about them talking again or just on FB?
>>
>>72309791
Not really much other evidence. It just seems like there's been communication over this because Peter was posting on Jason's message board about not buying Record Store Day stuff from Spacemen 3. I guess the same issue is going on with Spiritualized since the managers are probably the same so they talked about it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.